BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

22 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

To me Sammie Gallagher and Dolan needs to go

taise all the funds you can. I am happy just don’t touch Dykes please. would rather the Charlton lad Miles Leadburn

So you want us to sell all our forwards and not replace them? You’ve got the job! You’re our new Head of Relegation. Congratulations!

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 6

57 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Pretty sure Birmingham were taken over by rich Americans who give a fuck.

I'm also pretty sure they have had millions in sell on fees for Bellingham after his move to Madrid. 

24 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

HowardRV7

I don’t know the chap but followed him for a while and seen him get a few things before the local media (who he’s clearly not a fan of judging by his activity!).

Nice one, cheers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

So you want us to sell all our forwards and not replace them? You’ve got the job! You’re our new Head of Relegation. Congratulations!

I literally write a name 🤣 but fine dude go sale the whole team and don’t replace them. At the end of the day I am the king of Relegation 🫡

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'm just waiting for the first one to say that selling Szmodics for around 10m will be incredible business for a 28 year old and that we can use that money to strengthen and be a stronger side all round.

What I would say is that if, as reported, the club negotiated a release clause anywhere near that when he extended his contract, it's a good job they did. 

If he hadn't extended and a clause inserted , we would most certainly be over a much bigger barrel now after the season he had. 

It's also a case of how high a release clause Szmodics and his reps would agree to. 

Edited by M_B

10 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

To be fair I'm not sure we'd miss Dolan and Gallagher. 

2 minutes ago, M_B said:

What I would say is that if, as reported, the club negotiated a release clause anywhere near that when he extended his contract, it's a good job they did. 

If he hadn't extended and a clause inserted , we would most certainly be over a much bigger barrel now after the season he had. 

We wouldn't be over any kind of barrel if he hadn't extended. There would still have been two years to go on his existing contract. Also, inserting a release clause in the contract is never a positive for the owning club, why would it be? It can only ever lower your negotiating position as there is a maximum you can ask for. The only way this could be seen as a positive is if his existing contract had a release clause and a new contract raised it.

16 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

I'm also pretty sure they have had millions in sell on fees for Bellingham after his move to Madrid. 

The received £6 million from the Bellingham to Madrid deal.Which was probably spent last season 

The 30 million we have received in the last 12 months dwarfs it.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, M_B said:

It's also a case of how high a release clause Szmodics and his reps would agree to. 

If there was any sort of release clause in Szmodics contract why were we allegedly holding out for £20m earlier in the summer?

Did the Egg not bother telling the owners he'd let the players advisors  insert a clause allowing the player to leave for £6m?

7 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Yeah, Vale and that 16 year old from Rochdale are gonna rip up the league!

Couldnt do any worse than Gallagher. Must be closing in on no goals in 20 games now.

Dolan we would miss I'd say.

1 hour ago, G Somerset Rover said:

HowardRV7

I don’t know the chap but followed him for a while and seen him get a few things before the local media (who he’s clearly not a fan of judging by his activity!).

That account reads like a poster on here and looking, perhaps isnt the most reliable amidst predictions that Broughton wouldnt do media interviews last March because he had already left and imminent insolvency predictions dating back over a year ago!

That being said, Szmodics you imagine would go so its an easy prediction. Mind you, again this account had him sold in January.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 3

Oh, to be a club with even a minor semblance of ambition. You could (if you squint) build a borderline championship calibre team on remaining British (barring GK) free agents. There are so many options to improve this squad - which won't happen.

This list ignoring Dele Alli, Ryan Sessegnon, Scott McKenna, John Egan, and Ollie McBurnie as too unrealistic... though some will no doubt end up in this league.

GK: Marek Rodak

RB: Cody Drameh

CB: Nathan Ferguson

CB: Paddy McNair 

LB: Brandon Williams 

CM: Andre Dozzell

CM: Ben Woodburn

RW: Sheyi Ojo

LW: Ojie Ejaria

CAM: Shola Shoretire

CF: Tyrese Campbell

How many of them would get into our starting XI? Four at least?

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If there was any sort of release clause in Szmodics contract why were we allegedly holding out for £20m earlier in the summer?

Did the Egg not bother telling the owners he'd let the players advisors  insert a clause allowing the player to leave for £6m?

The egg had no other choice but to put a release clause in Phillips contract,unless you would have preferred us losing him a year earlier and recieving a few hundred grand compensation?Or is there another player you know the egg put a release clause into their contracts.

He did as well as he could with Ash Phillips 

I don't think there is a release clause in sammies contract going off his interview with Big Sam in their podcast.

When asked about moving on Sammie stated the club have the power due to him being under contract, but said if a premier league club came calling he hoped the club would be understanding and let him leave 

• Like 1

Just now, neophox said:

Tyrese Campbell still available... Full JE player

...strange we haven't go for him

Who is paying for his signing on fee and his wages?

Because it won't be venkys.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Look on the bright side, there's a desire from some to see positivity after all:

20th August hearing can probably get adjourned off as no need for more money from India

Waggott might get another bonus for 'helping' the owners save money

They can spend the next 6 weeks pretending we are going to reinvest, but ultimately won't

Venkys get to maintain their grip on the club for another 6-9 months

What's not to like?

They'll structure the payments so this charade can carry on another 12 months then they'll be praying someone this coming season suddenly becomes worth millions.

Shadow MD and Waggot eek out another years salary and expenses, Pune remains silent.

Rovers kick off 25/26 in league 1 then Venkys suddenly find a way to tip up 2 million and expect instant promotion.

Pin it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Hasta said:

As a normal club I might get what you are saying, but when we seem to be unable to sign 37 year old free agent Kyle McFadzean how can you not talk about why we can't even get that over the line.

You will just end up with two threads where a large portion of the same people are discussing the same players on both threads.

I think the links only thread worked, but that's not what some people want. They want to talk in some kind of  La La Land thread. Why don't we also have a thread for next season where we just make results up every game and pretend we are going for the title?

I would not sign a 37 year old in today's game... everything is quicker.. he won't be better than what we have... Hyam and Carter are first choice.

8 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Oh, to be a club with even a minor semblance of ambition. You could (if you squint) build a borderline championship calibre team on remaining British (barring GK) free agents. There are so many options to improve this squad - which won't happen.

This list ignoring Dele Alli, Ryan Sessegnon, Scott McKenna, John Egan, and Ollie McBurnie as too unrealistic... though some will no doubt end up in this league.

GK: Marek Rodak

RB: Cody Drameh

CB: Nathan Ferguson

CB: Paddy McNair 

LB: Brandon Williams 

CM: Andre Dozzell

CM: Ben Woodburn

RW: Sheyi Ojo

LW: Ojie Ejaria

CAM: Shola Shoretire

CF: Tyrese Campbell

How many of them would get into our starting XI? Four at least?

Goalkeeper and possibly McNair depending on his fitness