BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

20 minutes ago, Polky said:

Selling Wharton & Szmodics for around £30m to then bring in Begovic, Batth/Cooper, Baker and Dykes.

Fuck Venkys.

You're an optimistic if you think the incomings would be even that good. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Much as I like Sammi and I love his attitude I don’t think Sammi is a Prem Level player. It’s a bit like Rhodes, he’ll score plenty as this level but the step up is big and getting bigger. I thought Armstrong had more of a chance of making it and look what happened there.

Having said that it’ll be a big payday for him and there won’t be many more at 28. Hard to turn down.

I actually think he'll hold his own as he clearly has a football intelligence.

Milk turned quicker than Rhodes and that was his problem.

Think Armstrong lacked football intelligence hence his PL struggles, however, I think Martin has helped him improve in that area and it will be interesting to see how he goes in PL second time around.

• Like 4

Don’t see why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist about SS going. It was nailed on at the end of last season that he wouldn’t be here next. 

What is concerning is that we haven’t yet signed anyone who can improve the quality of the squad. JE has said he requires 4 or 5 players and we just have to hope they arrive and do improve the squad. Having said that, we will probably start the season without them.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Much as I like Sammi and I love his attitude I don’t think Sammi is a Prem Level player. It’s a bit like Rhodes, he’ll score plenty as this level but the step up is big and getting bigger. I thought Armstrong had more of a chance of making it and look what happened there.

Having said that it’ll be a big payday for him and there won’t be many more at 28. Hard to turn down.

We're often of a mind, but I completely disagree. He won't be scoring 27 goals in the Prem obviously, but I don't think any player since we came down has been as impressive as Szmodics this season. The only question is whether the form was temporary or he has permanent class because he's now peaking. I think he would need to be fitted into a team up there in a similar role to what he has played here, but he's already shown even playing for our shabby lot that he can score against Prem sides. He is clinical as hell, full-hearted, works his absolute ass off, pressing like a madman, reads the game well and is a decent player technically. He has much more to his game than Rhodes, and is a more all-round player than Armstrong, who was lightning fast but had absolutely nothing else on Szmodics. One of Armstrong's main flaws was sheer selfishness, shooting at every opportunity from stupid distances. Sammi on the other hand is a real team player, balanced with that dash of selfishness and ruthlessness that a high scorer needs.

Like I say, I don't think he'd tear the league up, but I think he'd be a good signing for anyone up to mid-level in the Prem. Well, not necessarily anyone, as I said, like most players he needs to go to a club where he will suit the system. However, he'd be better going to a side like Ipswich, where he's less likely to find himself benched if he doesn't light the league up after three games (if I recall, that's kinda what happened to Armstrong, I think he got a few starts and because he hadn't impressed other than scoring on his debut, he found himself in and out of the team...momentum is crucial in football).

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Don’t see why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist about SS going. It was nailed on at the end of last season that he wouldn’t be here next. 

What is concerning is that we haven’t yet signed anyone who can improve the quality of the squad. JE has said he requires 4 or 5 players and we just have to hope they arrive and do improve the squad. Having said that, we will probably start the season without them.

Your 2nd para is why our knickers are knotted, not your first. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

How do you not see why people are annoyed? The squad AS IT STANDS will be bottom 3 this season, we’re now removing 27 league goals. 40million in player sales THIS YEAR btw.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FE123 said:

People talk about swap deals. Can’t remember a single one taking place. I’m sure they have happened but it’s so rare. It will not happen. It will be about maximum £ as soon as possible for the club.

You do what Everton and Villa did which was buy each player. So Ipswich pay £15m for Szmodics and we pay £3m for Al-Hamadi

3 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

It wasn’t maximum £ when we sold Wharton.

It was cost that was maximum clubs were willing to pay. His value has rocketing up cos of PL performance and we have sell on clause 15% 

3 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

That’s just not realistic…No one is paying more than 10million for szmodics, never mind throwing a player in as well.

says who? 

Szmodics is 28 and in his prime years and championship top scorer 

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

League one Birmingham bidding for Stanfield whilst we don't even have the cash to pay a first installment for a defender with a value of £500k from Hull.

Pretty sure Brum didn't receive near  30 million in transfer fees in the last 12 months.

We should be all over this. If we are going to sale Szmodics then we should be buying him. 

50 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Goalkeeper and possibly McNair depending on his fitness

Rodak's wages demands are too much for us and other Championship clubs including dingles 

• Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

We’ve rejected a bid for SS according to LT. Can someone copy and paste the article please, it’s behind a paywall. Cheers.

Sadly, the die is cast.

A case of when not if.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

We’ve rejected a bid for SS according to LT. Can someone copy and paste the article please, it’s behind a paywall. Cheers.

image.png.06963ea2b9215603581e435eddfaf9cf.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You do what Everton and Villa did which was buy each player. So Ipswich pay £15m for Szmodics and we pay £3m for Al-Hamadi

It was cost that was maximum clubs were willing to pay. His value has rocketing up cos of PL performance and we have sell on clause 15% 

says who? 

Szmodics is 28 and in his prime years and championship top scorer 

We should be all over this. If we are going to sale Szmodics then we should be buying him. 

Rodak's wages demands are too much for us and other Championship clubs including dingles 

If Szmodics goes, do you think money will be reinvested? I know it should and needs to be, do you think it will?

And if it isnt, do you forsee relegation concerns?

56 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree.

He had that certain start quality last year and was playing with confidence by the time the season ended, despite the team lacking in much.

I do firmly believe that the premier league will be a step too far, but certainly wish him all the best and will not begrudge him the inevitable move when it comes

Just now, sharpysharps86 said:

Ipswich will be testing the waters with that first bid. They know Rovers are a mess so they'll have gone in with a low ball offer. I imagine they'll be back with another bid in the coming days / weeks.

If it’s the same negotiators as when Wharton was sold, another tenner and some paint for the dugouts should seal the deal. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, FE123 said:

People talk about swap deals. Can’t remember a single one taking place. I’m sure they have happened but it’s so rare. It will not happen. It will be about maximum £ as soon as possible for the club.

They're the fantasy fodder of people that still spend half their lives playing championship/football manager

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Yeah, Vale and that 16 year old from Rochdale are gonna rip up the league!

It's more an indictment on the quality of Dolan and Gallagher than an endorsement of what replaces them.

1 hour ago, benhben said:

If we sell Szmodic and use the funds soley "to cover running costs" I think im done until this lot clear off. Nearly £30m of player sales and nothing incoming. Odds on certs for relegation which almost seems to be intentional.

Not sure after 30 years I can muster any more energy to follow us under the current set up. Shame. 

Just a total repeat of what they did that lead to the last relegation albeit brought about by different reasons but still all down to shocking ownership and awful running of the club.

We all knew it's only ever going to be rinse and repeat with these lot though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AVE1875 said:

Apologies if this has been posted already, but apparently there is a fans forum tonight? Any clues as to who is representing the fans and whether they're going to push for answers? I mean, the answers will more than likely be lies anyway... 

If this is the case, some serious questions need answering. 

Not to be given any old shite, real answers are required. I don’t believe they will though.

Looking at it and I’ve said this before, I really can see them trying to get as much money back, before selling.

• Like 2