BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

10 minutes ago, cesus said:

And not a single journalist in the mainstream media is showing the slightest bit of interest in our plight.

Or even in the local media more to the point.

It's like there's a parallel universe in LT La La land in which things are just chugging along as if everything was perfectly normal.

Nothing to see here.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

We wouldn't be over any kind of barrel if he hadn't extended. There would still have been two years to go on his existing contract. Also, inserting a release clause in the contract is never a positive for the owning club, why would it be? It can only ever lower your negotiating position as there is a maximum you can ask for. The only way this could be seen as a positive is if his existing contract had a release clause and a new contract raised it.

It's a good idea because the club and player agree the fee between them, therefore any sale SHOULD suit both parties. 

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, neophox said:

I would go for getting Conor Chaplin in as a swap.

More chance of Charlie….

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

We’ve rejected a bid for SS according to LT. Can someone copy and paste the article please, it’s behind a paywall. Cheers.

Copy the web address into removepaywall.com and have a butcher’s.

You’re welcome.

• Like 6

How much money is needed to fund us until January? That is the initial fee for SS (I’m guessing 5m) with addons totaling 3m and a sell on (pointless but sounds good) meaning it will be announced as an undisclosed transfer “believed to be totaling over 10m…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, benhben said:

If we sell Szmodic and use the funds soley "to cover running costs" I think im done until this lot clear off. Nearly £30m of player sales and nothing incoming. Odds on certs for relegation which almost seems to be intentional.

Not sure after 30 years I can muster any more energy to follow us under the current set up. Shame. 

They used to say that they would cover costs but we would have to generate transfer funds from sales. Well we have done that (almost £30M) but they have changed the goal posts again and are shafting us. I have never wanted rid of them more than I do at the moment. I used to be grateful for the funding they provided to keep us going, but now they are taking the p**s. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If there was any sort of release clause in Szmodics contract why were we allegedly holding out for £20m earlier in the summer?

Did the Egg not bother telling the owners he'd let the players advisors  insert a clause allowing the player to leave for £6m?

I've no idea. 

How do you know it's £6 million? 

From BBC:

Ipswich Town have had several bids rejected by Blackburn Rovers for Republic of Ireland forward Sammie Szmodics.

The Tractor Boys remain in talks with Rovers over last season's Championship top scorer and an agreement is getting closer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, M_B said:

It's a good idea because the club and player agree the fee between them, therefore any sale SHOULD suit both parties. 

It's a bad idea because we lose negotiating power if our valuation changes.

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It's a bad idea because we lose negotiating power if our valuation changes.

It's a good idea if the fee is set correctly. 

The main problem is if Rovers are asking too much and price Szmodics out of his dream move to the Prem,that situation is never going to end well. 

2 minutes ago, M_B said:

It's a good idea if the fee is set correctly. 

The main problem is if Rovers are asking too much and price Szmodics out of his dream move to the Prem,that situation is never going to end well. 

you can`t keep a player who wants to move,it`s not good for the dressing room morale,just act like an adult about the situation and negotiate a decent price,20 million quid is frankly nuts,i`de be confident of reaching a fair price if we did`nt have a greasy spiv and madcap indians doing the deal

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

you can`t keep a player who wants to move,it`s not good for the dressing room morale,just act like an adult about the situation and negotiate a decent price,20 million quid is frankly nuts,i`de be confident of reaching a fair price if we did`nt have a greasy spiv and madcap indians doing the deal

Agreed £20 million is nuts, £6 million obviously isn't enough. 

Like you say, a fair price could be reached if it's handled properly, which is the stumbling block. 

Mafoumbi lands tonight on an initial trial, for a week. So it might be another week or so till even he signs, if at all.

Still, it's probably the most movement I've seen on any incomings in a while.

• Like 2