BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, ABRAM ROVER said:

I think Birmingham have bid £8 million for him - yes in league 1 - and yes they have already spent about £10mil

Yeah, I think they’re trying to lock that off. Will be a good signing for them, I’d expect him to score goals for fun down there and continue in the championship. I’d like him here (transfer fee obviously precludes it) but he’d probably struggle here, with what we’re walking into next season with. I think there’s every chance we’re the lowest scorers, by a distance.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ricky said:

So it’s safe to say that Sammie goes now. We all know that it’s just haggling a fee. We also know that only a fraction, if anything, of any sale will be reinvested. I believe the fee will be undisclosed (shock) but will end up being around £9m. They know we are skint, everyone knows that we are skint so why offer over the odds.

Our only hope is that it now starts a bidding war between interested clubs.

We need a goal scorer. If we were a normal club I’d be suggesting someone like Stansfield. We aren’t a normal club though so it’s a moot point. It’ll be a free transfer at best. 

Likely any interested club just has to make a lowball offer and wait for Waggott to call a few days before the transfer window closes.

39 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Interestingly however this is coming from the Venkygraph, which suggests to me someone, probably Waggott, has drip fed it to them. Probably to alleviate pressure and convince the locals that we are in the business of signing people.

Yes I thought this and denying Szmodics rumours are close during season ticket sale season. Despite national press saying it’s on and the fact they left him out on Saturday.

Sammie out and Batth in, just imagine that being the business model !

Then a desperate reliance on John Park to find a few young U23 Prem loan forwards to fill the void.

Who'd honestly be shocked at that ?

• Like 4

Just now, tomphil said:

Sammie out and Batth in, just imagine that being the business model !

Then a desperate reliance on John Park to find a few young U23 Prem loan forwards to fill the void.

Who'd honestly be shocked at that ?

And John Fleck to return on a 2 year deal in late October

• Like 1

Think Ewood Park should be renamed to The Desperado Stadium.

Let's face it, it would be a huge surprise if our recruitment extends beyond the motley collection of unattached players who will gladly sign for anyone who will take them - Batth being a prime example.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FE123 said:

So we’ve moved on from Cooper to Batth as we aren’t prepared to hand a 2 year deal out it seems like.

Mixed views. Not sure Cooper is much better than Batth and not sure Cooper is worth 2 years. But this will be a financial cost reducing decision rather than a football one I’m sure.

Batth only played 16 times last year but they were fairly well stocked at Cente Half. Hope he is still mobile enough to do a good job for us.

Then from a batth to a shower (of shite)

30 minutes ago, cesus said:

This rolling out the day after the bidding has started for Sammie almost feels like a parody. You could imagine Ant and Dec with the headphones on laughing doing a wind up "tell them we are back after Batth again"! 

The absolute worst part is a few will lap it up (ahem, no names mentioned). "We've signed Danny Batth, so it's wrong to say the owners can't and won't let Eustace bring people in. Nixon is now saying we're following this up by looking to bring in X & Y".

*Smacks head against brick wall*

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Agree with the rest of the post, but to be fair to him he has been doing pre season at Wolves to keep in shape ready for a move.

True but surely especially for a deal that should be so easy to do at most clubs. He would have benefitted from doing a full pre season here and getting minutes. He may have kept himself ticking over but he will then need presumably to build up minutes in friendlies and under 21 games.

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think Ewood Park should be renamed to The Desperado Stadium.

Let's face it, it would be a huge surprise if our recruitment extends beyond the motley collection of unattached players who will gladly sign for anyone who will take them - Batth being a prime example.

I quite like a Desperado for a change to be fair, I don't like Ewood much at the moment though 😕 

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

True but surely especially for a deal that should be so easy to do at most clubs. He would have benefitted from doing a full pre season here and getting minutes. He may have kept himself ticking over but he will then need presumably to build up minutes in friendlies and under 21 games.

It is probably only going to happen, on the understanding that the Szmodics transfer goes ahead, so they had to wait until that was tied up, hence it being banded about now.

30 minutes ago, KentExile said:

And John Fleck to return on a 2 year deal in late October

One year deal with a one year option in the club's favour.

I think it's pretty clear they're unwilling to commit to new contracts beyond 12 months because they have no idea whether the money will be there to pay them once the Wharton / Raya / Kaminski / Wahlsted / Telalovic / Szmodics transfer fees are used up.

It does really feel like we're in the end times.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, BenEccles_ said:

Random enough to be true with this shower of shit 😅😣

Although of course it's not 1 mill! Its a chadGPT player exchange for Markandy, Buckley, travis and Vale. Plus we're giving them 750k and a night on the town with Balaji Rao.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

11 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think it's pretty clear they're unwilling to commit to new contracts beyond 12 months 

It does really feel like we're in the end times.

Yes, this aspect is particularly noticeable, and worrying. You'd have thought the guy from Leeds, Cooper, would be worth a 2 year deal for example.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Random enough to be true with this shower of shit 😅😣

Although of course it's not 1 mill! Its a chadGPT player exchange for Markandy, Buckley, travis and Vale. Plus we're giving them 750k and a night on the town with Balaji Rao.

I will keep my eye on this one!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

That’s a bit of a mad link 

Will believe it when I see it though. It’s a long flight from Japan….anything can happen 

Yes he can be told half way to England that the deals off then has to fly back to Japan 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

That’s a bit of a mad link 

Will believe it when I see it though. It’s a long flight from Japan….anything can happen 

If that comes off and turns out to be a success then fair play - bit of thinking outside the box there.

As the other player we're linked with however is Baath (who we we were after last year) I won't be holding my breath.

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Here we go!

Jackson in LT:

Blackburn Rovers are in talks with experienced defender Danny Batth about a move to Ewood Park, The Lancashire Telegraph understands.

Nicko did that story on Sunday

37 minutes ago, BenEccles_ said:

Thanks for the link. What type of player is he? What position does he play?