BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Of course Chaddy wants him, we’ve been linked to him so if he signs he’ll be a great defender and will give us much needed experience. 

If we don't it's cos Eustace didn't want him and we've got other targets in mind.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Would you want Danny Batth?

no I wouldn't. 

I would go for Sean Mcloughlin from Hull. Left footed and gives us balance if we want to go 3 at the back. 

Here a simple question for you Do you want Danny Batth? 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, FE123 said:

You obviously cannot give a name away yet but are we talking about a player for u21’s or first team?

I honestly don't know that level of detail sorry, if i get further clarity I will post it. 

Mafoumbi (and family) were flown over so I'd say that's a goer providing nothing dodgy showed up medically today and he doesn't look bobbins on his trial.

• Like 1

The J-League is dire and I'd wager pretty much every player in it would leap at a move to English football in a heartbeat.

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

There was interest from bigger clubs so I'm sure they have set out a plan for him. Not saying this season will be the one but think he'll be given chances in the League Cup first, and if he takes his chances, then he'll be brought on from the bench in the league as well. Then who knows. Shouldn't be in any more rush in twelve months than now, if everything is according to plan. Grasping at straws here...

I think our best hope would be a scenario like that, yes, without him breaking fully into the first team. Then hopefully he sees it as enough first team football to help his development, and signs a deal before he has caught too much of the eye of teams above. I know they know about him anyway, but there'd be a big difference between a talented 17 yr old available to them for (let's say 1 mill compo) who has maybe 10 sub appearances, and one available for one mill who has a dozen starts and 10 sub appearances, with say 6 Championship goals under his belt. The former attracts contract offers that the player may potentially reject in order to become a Championship regular the next season, the latter attracts silly 20-30k p/w contracts we'd get nowhere near.

Of course, if/when we get relegated we likely lose him either way tbh.

I’m not keen on Batth as a signing but he could arguably be a better option than McFadzean if the wages are similar.  Good few years younger but still think there will be better options out there. Cardiff have picked up Callum Chambers on a free. I’d argue that would have been a far better move but he’d probably want more than a packet of smarties a week. 

Also noticed that Swansea are going after one of the Burnley keepers so Andy Fisher won’t be first choice. I’ve not really followed his career since he left here but seems to have been first choice at Swansea this season. 

Edited by Ricky

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

no I wouldn't. 

I would go for Sean Mcloughlin from Hull. Left footed and gives us balance if we want to go 3 at the back. 

Here a simple question for you Do you want Danny Batth? 

Fair enough. If he does sign, you have given a clear opinion so fair play for that.

No I don't want him either. Mentioned earlier, but I thought it was a different proposition last summer after a great season at Sunderland. But since, he has spent a season gathering dust unable to get game time even when Norwich's centre backs were injured. With a young lad (Warner) and a midfielder (McLean) chosen ahead of him. Legs must have gone.

Would in my opinion be desperate all round. Clearly not our first target, but presumably would be more willing to take a shorter and cheaper contract. Would be uninspiring in our new scouting network resorting to players we have previously targeted. And from his point of view, he has already been messed about by us.

8 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I’m not keen on Batth as a signing but he could arguably be a better option than McFadzean if the wages are similar.  Good few years younger but still think there will be better options out there. Cardiff have picked up Callum Chambers on a free. I’d argue that would have been a far better move but he’d probably want more than a packet of smarties a week. 

Very few players still playing aren't younger than McFadzean to be fair. 

The fact that he couldnt get a game at Norwich despite serious injury issues suggests his legs have gone.

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

If Tyjon is the next big thing for us this season, we won't make much money off him. He's too young, we don't have him on full professional terms yet. If he becomes a regular or semi-regular fixture for us this season, chances are he's off on cut-price terms by the summer. Think Ash Phillips before he signed that full pro deal with the 2.5 mill release clause, which was seen as a win for the club because we'd have got less for him without it.

When you think about the players we have lost in recent years, put them all together and you have a promotion squad.

But that was never part of the plan.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

The J-League is dire and I'd wager pretty much every player in it would leap at a move to English football in a heartbeat.

it`s very polite,hard tackling and any rough stuff is  virtually non existant,it would be a massive change for the lad

11 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Sorry have I missed something, what German lad?

eric englhardt,the osnabruick aguera!!!!!!!!!

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Fair enough. If he does sign, you have given a clear opinion so fair play for that.

No I don't want him either. Mentioned earlier, but I thought it was a different proposition last summer after a great season at Sunderland. But since, he has spent a season gathering dust unable to get game time even when Norwich's centre backs were injured. With a young lad (Warner) and a midfielder (McLean) chosen ahead of him. Legs must have gone.

Or the head coach didn't rate him or wanted him but he signed there. 

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Would in my opinion be desperate all round. Clearly not our first target, but presumably would be more willing to take a shorter and cheaper contract. Would be uninspiring in our new scouting network resorting to players we have previously targeted. And from his point of view, he has already been messed about by us.

Eustace wants that experience centre back signing clearly. 

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I think our best hope would be a scenario like that, yes, without him breaking fully into the first team. Then hopefully he sees it as enough first team football to help his development, and signs a deal before he has caught too much of the eye of teams above. I know they know about him anyway, but there'd be a big difference between a talented 17 yr old available to them for (let's say 1 mill compo) who has maybe 10 sub appearances, and one available for one mill who has a dozen starts and 10 sub appearances, with say 6 Championship goals under his belt. The former attracts contract offers that the player may potentially reject in order to become a Championship regular the next season, the latter attracts silly 20-30k p/w contracts we'd get nowhere near.

Of course, if/when we get relegated we likely lose him either way tbh.

I reckon they'll say to him - AW or AP? Who's career would you like to follow?

This pre season we have played Accrington Stanley; Tranmere and a bundeslige 2nd division team, with Wigan and Stockport to come. With no disrespect to these teams, we need to play better opposition with a competitive gruelling Championship campaign on the horizon. I have got my season ticket, but i can't see anything but another relegation battle on our hands next season at the moment.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Or the head coach didn't rate him or wanted him but he signed there. 

Eustace wants that experience centre back signing clearly. 

Maybe he does, although he hasnt got anything he wants so far and even if he does specifically want a 32/33 year old plus CB and a 36/37 year old plus GK, it doesnt make it correct.

Im not keen on the age bracket of some of the players we have been linked with. Cooper, Batth, McFadzean, all too old IMO and showing signs that their legs are going/gone, would mean having to play really deep and/or with a more defensive formation to cover. Goalkeepers like Begovic, Krul and Ruddy, again all too old and showing too many signs of decline for me.

We do need experience but that doesnt have to come in the form of players quite as old as we are being linked with.

We dont have sufficient funds so it may well be that we are targeting this age group because they are out of contract having been deemed to be too old by other more ambitious clubs, ie no fee. Players younger will more likely be contracted to other clubs.

Still, you don't want Batth, thats on the record and if he signs, you have already said that you dont want him. And I agree.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ricky said:

Cardiff have picked up Callum Chambers on a free. I’d argue that would have been a far better move but he’d probably want more than a packet of smarties a week. 
Also noticed that Swansea are going after one of the Burnley keepers so Andy Fisher won’t be first choice. I’ve not really followed his career since he left here but seems to have been first choice at Swansea this season. 

Chambers will comfortably be on a much higher wage at Cardiff than Gally is here, so, not the market Rovers would be shopping in

Fisher didn't play in the league for Swansea this season at all, they had Rushworth on loan from Brighton.  Fisher has played just over 40 games in 3 year for Swansea, so hardly a roaring success at this level

Edited by KentExile

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Racism isn't banter. Trying to get laughs out of cultural differences is based on race. 

Linked to this there were some comments alluding to the Hiroshima bomb in which hundreds of thousands were killed. I'd like to think 'jokes' or 'banter' about Hillsborough or Munich would quickly be called out as unacceptable so let's not make light of what was mass genocide. 

• Like 6
  • Downvote 3

Morning, I’ve found something to be positive about!!

I found this beauty yesterday…Rovers training / track top between 92-94 and bought one for £45. I think that’s great value. I haven’t worn a Rovers shirt for years to the match…but I’ll gladly wear this!!

Looks like our transfer biz is about to kick off too! 🔥🔥

F14DA2D3-3E4E-41AA-A8F8-4959725C8003.jpeg

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 6