BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Nixon saying Japan lad is very close, would be great to get wrapped up today and straight into training! 

If this player replaces Sammie, we still need a CF and I think a Left Winger and Right Winger. 

If buying one, the other could be on loan, along with experienced GK, CB, loan CB and loan FB.

Still think we need a bit of creativity in Midfield. 

Suppose we’ll have to wait and see.

Cant see it all happening, but…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

If this player replaces Sammie, we still need a CF and I think a Left Winger and Right Winger. 

If buying one, the other could be on loan, along with experienced GK, CB, loan CB and loan FB.

2 wingers and a Gk is vital…I can imagine those positions will be loans, most probably from the Prem.

11 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

I reckon we need a GK, 2x cb’s, 2x Winger / wide forwards and a Striker as well as Yuki…minimum.

Id like loan cover at Lb and I still think we’ll get another midfielder like Baker in. That’s not including any sales and you’ve got to think Gally, Dolan and Hyam could go with bring in the last year of their contracts. They would need replacing…

Anything between 6 and 10 signings may be needed, just to keep us competitive!! 😬

Edited by Paul Mani

10 hours ago, LDRover said:

Just waiting for Batth to sign for Solihull Moors as we couldn't compete financially.

And the new Solihull secretary, Ian Silvester would probably have a wry smile on his face as he pressed send.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I honestly don't know that level of detail sorry, if i get further clarity I will post it. 

Mafoumbi (and family) were flown over so I'd say that's a goer providing nothing dodgy showed up medically today and he doesn't look bobbins on his trial.

Pardon by ignorance, but who is Mafoumbi? The only one I'm aware of used to be a goalkeeper for Morecambe and Blackpool.

5 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Pardon by ignorance, but who is Mafoumbi? The only one I'm aware of used to be a goalkeeper for Morecambe and Blackpool.

Nantes under 19 striker, potential signing for our u21's.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/exauce-mafoumbi/profil/spieler/1005289

19 year old French striker.  Very good record up until U19 level.  Not yet scored for Nantes B in 6 games (think that is in French fifth tier)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/exauce-mafoumbi/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/1005289/plus/0?saison=&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Nixon saying Japan lad is very close, would be great to get wrapped up today and straight into training! 

From what I can gather on Twitter with the Japanese page that leaked the move he isn't in the UK yet, plan is to travel in the "next few days"

46 minutes ago, KentExile said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/exauce-mafoumbi/profil/spieler/1005289

19 year old French striker.  Very good record up until U19 level.  Not yet scored for Nantes B in 6 games (think that is in French fifth tier)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/exauce-mafoumbi/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/1005289/plus/0?saison=&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Thanks. Sounds like an U23s type signing to me, but hopefully he's something special.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Thanks. Sounds like an U23s type signing to me, but hopefully he's something special.

U21s,

U23s hasn't existed for a year or 2 now, but yes, he would be a signing for the U21s rather than first team

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

Unsure on this Japanese lad, though I suppose there is an exciting 'unknown' element to it at the very least.

Some good players have been picked out of the J1 League for the record, to name a few;

Kyogo Furuhashi was picked up by Celtic at 26 years old, they paid a hefty £5m or so for him too. His strike rate in the J1 was similar to Yuki Ohashi's, a goal every ~170 minutes or so. Furuhashi has actually gone on to have a better strike rate in the Scottish league for Celtic, than he did in Japan.

Kaoru Mitoma was picked up by Brighton at 24 years old, he's practically the definition of 'hidden gem'. Performed well in the J1 League, a goal every 134 minutes. Not much needs to be explained about him, what a signing he's proved to be for just £3m.

Koji Miyoshi was signed by Royal Antwerp, before eventually making his way over to Birmingham. Despite them going down last season, he showed his quality and managed to grab 6 goals and 6 assists in his debut Championship season, for a side that got relegated.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 4

At least the Japanese lad  shows a bit more imagination than a pub player from the German 4th tier, or wherever Tel was from.  

Park probably has a far bigger contacts book than Broughton. 

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 1

Open minded about the Japanese lad.  Might be a gem or might struggle immensely with the intensity and physicality.

Clearly, the market we are able to 'shop' in given the financial mess we are in does limit our options.

Hope Park has a few aces up his sleeve but think it's abundantly clear, survival in Championship will be a bonus.

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Open minded about the Japanese lad.  Might be a gem or might struggle immensely with the intensity and physicality.

Always a bit wary of dealing with stereotypes but the one thing you can say about Japan's national teams is that they do not seem to be at all bothered by other teams supposed physicality. 

• Like 4

John Park Celtic special if I ever saw one. Some great examples of success at Celtic in Maeda, Furahashi, Atete. Could be shrewd business and fairly low risk. He must be fit and ready to go having already played half a season. Playing style seems a bit like Dolan and Markanday although he looks like he knows where the onion bag is. I like the style Japan had in the world cup, fast, energetic, closing down. This excites me more than a Lyndon Dykes for example.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Maybe he does, although he hasnt got anything he wants so far and even if he does specifically want a 32/33 year old plus CB and a 36/37 year old plus GK, it doesnt make it correct.

We are in the middle of transfer window after alot of change in recruitment/behind the scenes. Its seems that Eustace is driving these type of signings. 

Im not keen on the age bracket of some of the players we have been linked with. Cooper, Batth, McFadzean, all too old IMO and showing signs that their legs are going/gone, would mean having to play really deep and/or with a more defensive formation to cover. Goalkeepers like Begovic, Krul and Ruddy, again all too old and showing too many signs of decline for me.

I get your point But I can see the point in experience keeper and someone like Begovic would be good for a season or 2. Played every game last season

We do need experience but that doesnt have to come in the form of players quite as old as we are being linked with.

We dont have sufficient funds so it may well be that we are targeting this age group because they are out of contract having been deemed to be too old by other more ambitious clubs, ie no fee. Players younger will more likely be contracted to other clubs.

Well, we about to sign Yuki Ohashi on a 3 year contract and around/guessing a million pound. So we have funds there. 

Still, you don't want Batth, thats on the record and if he signs, you have already said that you dont want him. And I agree.

Yes I didn't want him last season either. 

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon reporting the Japanese guy flying in to sign a 3 year contract 

should be arriving today according to Nicko

Pleased that there’s evidently some kind of budget, although aware it’s probably Szmodics money being spent ahead of time.

Signing someone from the J-League is a very fun bit of business to do, hope he gets up to speed with the Championship quickly.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

This lad is 28 isn't he?

It doesn't fit the "Venky model" of young and unproven. I suppose it does fit the cheap model. Either way, I'm still expecting the worse

Fully expecting Microsoft to get the blame for it falling through

I mean I get it…but lighten up a little.