BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Who knows whether this J-League player is any good or not, but there's certainly potential for it to be a decent signing.

Danny Batth...really not sure about him but my judgment is clouded because of last summer's fiasco trying to bring him in, and the fact that he didn't exactly pull up any trees at Norwich. That being said, he'd be coming in as cover for an injured Wharton and a replacement for McFadzean. If O'Riordan turns out to be up to the task of championship football then that gives us Hyam, Carter, O'Riordan and Batth as 4 main centre halves. Not brilliant, but not bad either. Sign a new left back and there's also the option of Pickering filling in at CB as well if needed.

This will be a Szmodics out for £8-10 million and this lad coming in using 10% of the cash.

The club will make a net profit of many millions of pounds and the owners won't put in a penny towards it.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

He has already played quite a lot of games this season. If he plays our full season without a break he could end up playing 80 games.

He's going to need like a month off if he's coming in on the back if a full season, surely? He'll never last a full championship season as well.

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

This will be a Szmodics out for £8-10 million and this lad coming in using 10% of the cash.

The club will make a net profit of many millions of pounds and the owners won't put in a penny towards it.

That's my thinking too. 

Wonder if Bringing in yuki might be a sign that Eustace would also like to bring in koji from Birmingham and get a bit of a Japanese vibe going on 😅

From a marketing pov it could attract a fair bit of attention from japan having two of their popular attacking players here. 

That said i still don't think we'll be spending any real money until Szmodics is sold and also until transfers are completely over the line and everything is signed, sealed AND DELIVERED! theres always a chance our idiot club will fk it up in some absurd way. 

13 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

He's going to need like a month off if he's coming in on the back if a full season, surely? He'll never last a full championship season as well.

I doubt seasons in japan are as intense as in the championship and probably far less games, if anything he may need to step up his traing to get to the levels needed to last a full game in England 

8 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I doubt seasons in japan are as intense as in the championship and probably far less games, if anything he may need to step up his traing to get to the levels needed to last a full game in England 

It won't be as intense you wouldn't think but he'll still need a good break after a full season. And then likely needs time to get up to full fitness as well, as you say.

3 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

So, if this guy is a no.10, we still need a number 9. Right?

He can play either role I believe 

22 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Who says Szmodics is leaving? Deffo not for £8-10m. Worth at least £15m for someone in the prime and scored 33 goals last season

4 hours ago, alex l said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Racism isn't banter. Trying to get laughs out of cultural differences is based on race. 

Linked to this there were some comments alluding to the Hiroshima bomb in which hundreds of thousands were killed. I'd like to think 'jokes' or 'banter' about Hillsborough or Munich would quickly be called out as unacceptable so let's not make light of what was mass genocide. 

I dont know if Ill get into trouble for this but don't you have form on this site for screaming "racism" at the most innocuous of things?

The posts you are complaining about were puns with quite clearly no malicious intent intended to any race of people or no intent whatsoever to minimise the seriousness of war.

The broader discussion is about signing a Japanese player which everyone is particularly excited about. If anyone was opposed to his signing purely on the basis of his nationality then you might have a point but the exact opposite is the case.

I don't know how you manage to get out of bed in the morning, you seem to get so easily offended on other people's behalf.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 3

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

For clarity I should have posted this link.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/ian-silvester-1016543a

Does it not seem more and more likely as time goes on that it was Waggott and/or Pasha scuppering these high value incoming deals?

I'm still not having it that Silvester conducted hundreds of deals over the years without a hitch then all of a sudden forgot how to do his job.

But not with outgoing deals.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who says Szmodics is leaving? Deffo not for £8-10m. Worth at least £15m for someone in the prime and scored 33 goals last season

I do.

And I very much doubt we will get £15 million for him. It sounds like he might have a release clause in any event. Of course the club will announce it as 'undisclosed' so they can pretend they got a good fee for him, not that it makes any difference to Rovers how much we get.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I mean I get it…but lighten up a little. 

When we were signing McGuire last season, I made a joke post about how it would all fall through

It actually did fall through in a not so dissimilar way

Experience tells me not to get excited about anything that happens with Rovers until it's printed in black & white. I like the fact we may be signing a goal scorer...I don't like the fact we have Waggott and Venkys doing the negotiation

It is not outside of the realms of possibilities they fly the bloke over only to change the offer when he gets here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

When we were signing McGuire last season, I made a joke post about how it would all fall through

It actually did fall through in a not so dissimilar way

Experience tells me not to get excited about anything that happens with Rovers until it's printed in black & white. I like the fact we may be signing a goal scorer...I don't like the fact we have Waggott and Venkys doing the negotiation

It is not outside of the realms of possibilities they fly the bloke over only to change the offer when he gets here. 

Sometimes, even at that stage we cant get too excited

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I do.

And I very much doubt we will get £15 million for him. It sounds like he might have a release clause in any event. Of course the club will announce it as 'undisclosed' so they can pretend they got a good fee for him, not that it makes any difference to Rovers how much we get.

Again, agreed.

If there is any truth the deadline rumour the club are clearly looking for a quick cash injection, probably in part to cover the fee for this new lad and the rest (and any future) budgeted for keeping the lights on in the event of the court case going against/another adjournment.

I don't think Szmodics has a release clause but Venky's have put a value on which is significantly more than Ipswich have offered. This could get nasty if that number is a lot more than the player and his agent believe is realistic. 

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Again, agreed.

If there is any truth the deadline rumour the club are clearly looking for a quick cash injection, probably in part to cover the fee for this new lad and the rest (and any future) budgeted for keeping the lights on in the event of the court case going against/another adjournment.

The fee for the Japanese lad is covered by an existing budget. Nothing to do with Sammi according to Jackson and the FF meeting, and quite right too considering what the club has raked in over the last 6 months.

As for the end of July deadline for Sammi, it suggests there is no great need for a cash injection. You wouldn’t box yourself into a corner over some arbitrary deadline. I think that deadline is to make sure the clubs who are after him are being serious so it doesn’t drag on. And it would also suggest that future incoming transfers are dependent on the Sami money so they want it in as soon as possible so they can make bids. 

4 minutes ago, philipl said:

I don't think Szmodics has a release clause but Venky's have put a value on which is significantly more than Ipswich have offered. This could get nasty if that number is a lot more than the player and his agent believe is realistic. 

Which is what Venky Rovers want as it allows them to pin the blame and responsibility for the move on Szmodics and his agent for being 'greedy' or forcing a move leaving poor old Rovers with no other option but to move him on.