BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

25 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Finneran? Not heard anything lately but he's not appeared in any pre-season games and, sadly, looks to be all but gone at the moment.

He has gone to Newcastle I'm told but for some reason (embarrassment?) Rovers haven't made it public. They quite rightly made a big thing about Tyjon signing but insult us with the radio silence about Finneran.

• Like 7

• Backroom
36 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Of course it does, well to anybody with a few brain cells. If it was a genuine error why haven't we gone back in for McGuire as it was reported we would do. For me it has been pretty much confirmed by the subsequent information garnered by some great investigative work by some posters proving that the Punekars are in trouble. I genuinely think Ian Silvester was the patsy here and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if his silence has been bought.

Would he (and maybe Broughton and JDT) not have a case for constructive dismissal?

Just now, Mike E said:

Would he (and maybe Broughton and JDT) not have a case for constructive dismissal?

I really don't know. If Kean won a case for constructive dismissal then perhaps but I'll be amazed if the NDA or equivalent will have been more than a tribunal would have awarded them.

As an aside I'd love to know how much NDA's have cost the Punekars in the last decade and a half.

• Like 2

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

This is Kuryu Matsu who is on his way to Southampton.

🤣🤣🤣 I took it off one of the Rovers Facebook groups. DOH 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Why would we go back in for Maguire when the people who wanted him are no longer at the club? 

It was reported that a delegation would be going to America to do the deal. I took that as something had been agreed between the clubs.

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He has gone to Newcastle I'm told but for some reason (embarrassment?) Rovers haven't made it public. They quite rightly made a big thing about Tyjon signing but insult us with the radio silence about Finneran.

Usually you wouldn't expect the club to announce someone of his age leaving the club I don't think?

But the fact he made history with us last season and is our youngest ever player should mean that he is a bit of a unique case?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It was reported that a delegation would be going to America to do the deal. I took that as something had been agreed between the clubs.

Maybe Eustace and Park don't rate him highly enough to spend the fee it would cost us? 

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

Usually you wouldn't expect the club to announce someone of his age leaving the club I don't think?

But the fact he made history with us last season and is our youngest ever player should mean that he is a bit of a unique case?

You would however expect his new club to announce something, Clubs do announce their scholarship intakes (of which Finneran will be a part of for Newcastle)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KentExile said:

You would however expect his new club to announce something, Clubs do announce their scholarship intakes (of which Finneran will be a part of for Newcastle)

Rovers did but the clear omission of Finneran stood out by a mile.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/july/02/tyjon-signs-as-a-scholar/

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Rovers did but the clear omission of Finneran stood out by a mile.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/july/02/tyjon-signs-as-a-scholar/

Just to be clear, I am not saying that Finneran has not left Rovers and I fully expect him to be announced as a Newcastle player....

Once compensation has been agreed OR when talks fail and a tribunal date is set

What I was trying to say in my last post was that even if Rovers do not announce that he has left, Newcastle will announce they have signed him

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rover8T4 said:

Due to land today apparently. This deal excites me, fingers crossed he performs. A few doubts but not on work rate and effort 🤞

If he scores goals, one decent signing over the line.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe Eustace and Park don't rate him highly enough to spend the fee it would cost us? 

We dont have the fee. We didnt in the first place, hence why we pissed around with a loan. Lets not be naive here.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We are in the middle of transfer window after alot of change in recruitment/behind the scenes. Its seems that Eustace is driving these type of signings. 

I get your point But I can see the point in experience keeper and someone like Begovic would be good for a season or 2. Played every game last season

Well, we about to sign Yuki Ohashi on a 3 year contract and around/guessing a million pound. So we have funds there. 

Yes I didn't want him last season either. 

should be arriving today according to Nicko

Managers dont get what they want at this club, nowhere near. Still no players through the door as of yer.

He may well have asked for experience and the names on any list put to him are particularly old because within our tiny budget the ones we can get are the out of contract ones let go elsewhere.

Or he may specifically want these very old players. My point is, that doesnt mean he is automatically right and I have to agree with that choice. 

I dont think the target should be to sign the keeper "for a season or 2." Its not like we have a talented young keeper who is not quite ready to be number 1. We need a new number 1 for the forseeable, I dont want someone playing the last year or 2 of his career. Begovic has been released by QPR in favour of a more permanent number 1 as a progressive move, so you would essentially be happy with their old rubbish.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I reckon they'll say to him - AW or AP? Who's career would you like to follow?

They both left Rovers, he would probably say he is not fussed either way.

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wrote what was said at the time when the deal didn't go through.

44 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It is just about typical that and sums up the distain in which they hold the fans.

Hopefully they mentioned it in the fans forum meeting and it will come out in those minutes.

It is on a smaller scale granted, but it is wrong that it takes fans yet again, to uncover things, like it did with the STC. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He will be cheaper now than he was in January, as his contract is finished at the end of December. 

It's abundantly clear that whether Eustace and Park want him or not, we can't get him because of his public comments that we would have to offer him a very high contract to consider us after our absolute fuckup in January. We are blatantly not giving that kind of offer to anyone. McGuire is old news, not happening even if Eustace threatened to quit if he didn't get him.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not that I necessarily think we should sign him as he was quite an underwhelming loan signing but Ayari is currently with the touring Brighton squad and has scored in the second half. Moran played in the stronger first half team.

I actually thought he was a good player, based on his brief time/appearances here.

Not sure where he would fit into our squad though, nor could I say what his best position would be.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pedrob2014 said:

Anyone know what airport he would be flying from i think there are about 50 in Japan 

If he gets a direct flight, then he would have to fly from Tokyo (either Narita or Haneda), and would land at Heathrow.

4 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Less than that according to Jackson,  sounds more in the £750k range. 

I think quite a bit less than even that!

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

I do.

And I very much doubt we will get £15 million for him. It sounds like he might have a release clause in any event. Of course the club will announce it as 'undisclosed' so they can pretend they got a good fee for him, not that it makes any difference to Rovers how much we get.

3 hours ago, philipl said:

I don't think Szmodics has a release clause but Venky's have put a value on which is significantly more than Ipswich have offered. This could get nasty if that number is a lot more than the player and his agent believe is realistic. 

Not a chance we will get anywhere near £15million.

It's been speculated there is an agreement that should a PL side come in for Sammie then he can leave for a fee which is below £10million.  Ipswich have paid £20m for Delap and were prepared to pay similar for Philogene so the evidence is if they want a player they will cough-up.  Based on their opening offers for Sammie (speculated at £5/6m) it would suggest to me they are aware of Rovers' stressed finances and also they know of a sub £10m trigger point, hence the low opening offers.  I think a deal will be done this week and it will be at sub £10m.  I think any talk of £15m, never mind £20m , is staggeringly fanciful.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Why would we go back in for Maguire when the people who wanted him are no longer at the club? 

He’s also on record as stating he’d only come to us again if we paid him a lot to do so. Fuck him, he can stay on his buttons in the MLS.

• Like 5