BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I didn't know where to post this question, as its transfer thread. But in the friendlies so far, that people have watched, what's Connor O'Riordan looked like? All of last seasons signings are gone apart from him. We paid money for him, you would think he should be in the fold this season considering, and already has efl appearances under his belt. With us being short of CBs is he good enough to be apart of game time? Would be like a new signing if he was capable. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Before anyone gets too excited, there's still plenty of time left for us to bugger up this transfer yet.

exactly, i will only believe we signed the player when he walks out on the pitch for our first game. we have a track record for screwing things up.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Before anyone gets too excited, there's still plenty of time left for us to bugger up this transfer yet.

Oh come on, he's literally flown half way across the world... I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the deal is done.  In fact, so confident am I, that he may as well be holding up a blue and white shirt already!  Actually, forget that... Rovers may as well have unveiled him as an official signing on all social media channels.  Those examples of course being the absolute, cast iron confirmations that any football club in the world has completed the signing of a new player. 

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Telalovic mark 2 I think. 40 career goals and less than 150 appearances at 27 years old. Talk about scraping the barrel 🤣

Flip it around to the here and now and his recent career, he's scored 32 in 53 matches since the start of 2023.

Szmodics has scored 33 in the last 48 games.

So yeah totally different leagues but similar recent figures.

• Like 2

I wonder how we've come across this guy? At 27 years old, he's not a potential prospect/wonderkid and he's had a fairly unremarkable career to date.

Could be wrong but it's not a market we've really explored before?

It's a very intriguing signing though.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Oh come on, he's literally flown half way across the world... I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the deal is done.  In fact, so confident am I, that he may as well be holding up a blue and white shirt already!  Actually, forget that... Rovers may as well have unveiled him as an official signing on all social media channels.  Those examples of course being the absolute, cast iron confirmations that any football club in the world has completed the signing of a new player. 

Don't forget the excruciatingly sickly beaming mug of the DOF next to the player showing off about what a great deal he's pulled off.

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I wonder how we've come across this guy? At 27 years old, he's not a potential prospect/wonderkid and he's had a fairly unremarkable career to date.

Doesn't Park have a bit of a history for signing Japanese players?

I'm not sure this lad will come off if he signs but I applaud the lateral thinking behind it.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I would have thought Birmingham must have an Asian scout/network, given some of their signings in recent years, and his name/video may have been pushed under Parks nose at some point

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KentExile said:

I would have thought Birmingham must have an Asian scout/network, given some of their signings, and his name/video may have been pushed under Parks nose at some point

Apparently we contacted him in the winter when he was a free agent. European clauses were put in his deal when he signed for current club. Decided to come this time due to club being previous admirers 

• Like 1

Just now, Rover8T4 said:

Apparently we contacted him in the winter when he was a free agent. European clauses were put in his deal when he signed for current club. Decided to come this time due to club being previous admirers 

Broughton/old scouting team then maybe?

2 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Broughton/old scouting team then maybe?

Not sure. It was written in the post from Japanese reporter when he broke the story again. Said we tried in winter, maybe we switched targets to McGuire but doubtful as Ohashi was a free. Maybe the lad didn't feel ready then but recent form and other Jleague players doing well in this league the past 6 months has changed his mind

I did state a few weeks back that players purchased last window were sold before previous club were due a payment. With Leo and Semir gone leaves 4 visas up for grabs. Why waste 2 visas on players who are not getting game time. Can see 1-2 more being used before window closes. If they don't perform same again sell and try again

• Like 1