BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, cmkay1999 said:

Can’t believe the amount of people already slating the lad. Saying he’s not good enough or that it likely won’t work out. Give him a chance to get to Brockhall first 😂

100% correct, do nothing other than cry for over 300 pages, finally look like signing a player and the crying continues. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Could well be. I thought we got allocated 5 because of the amount of homegrown players being used for so many games. I'm sure I read 4 the first season and potentially 5 second season depending on homegrown players used last season 

I thought all clubs got 4 last season and from this season on it’s 2 with up to a further 2 based on English qualified players used previously.

One of us will be right (or maybe not 😁😁)

• Like 1

So looks like we'll be announcing Ohashi (for the first team) and Mafoumbi (for the U-21s soon) according to reports ... Potentially followed by Danny Batth (first team).

Also seeing rumours about us being linked with Marek Rodak but stumbling due to wage demands and now Al Ettifaq are circling... So he's obviously going to the Saudi league... A signing like him would be exceptional business, but as if Rovers would ever pull that off!

I guess I will resign to us signing Weopold Lahlstedt from one of the Scandinavian Leagues ... 🤣

Edited by AVE1875

We need more than the one attacker coming in of course, but I like the look of the potential Japanese signing. It's an 'out of the box' move, which we haven't done for a long time, imo. I've always wanted us to sign some players from that region, but it has never happened.

There have been some very tidy Japanese players over the years that have gone under the radar just because they haven't been linked with the 'top 4' or the now 'big 6'.

It looks like somebody (it won't be Waggott or Pasha) has given some thought to the potential commercial opportunities too with this move.

Ok, he isn't a Keisuke Honda I.e. a major player from that area but still, we are now likely to gain new fans and interest in the club from Japan. There's also a possibility of a few from there turning up at Ewood with their flags, as a few Koreans do for Son at Tottenham. I like the sound of that.

This is probably a John Park pick out and fair play if it is. Would rather have him spotting players than Broughton. We need more though, as Gallagher, Leonard and Vale leave me thinking 'wtf, is this what football has come to these days?'. Not one of them is good enough for this club.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, damo100 said:

100% correct, do nothing other than cry for over 300 pages, finally look like signing a player and the crying continues. 

You could say that if we were signing a 14 year old park player for goodness sake.

Its an opinion on a football forum. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Social Media has made discussion very polarised, there’s very little balance on any subject, let alone Rovers.

So some will defend everything the club does, others will criticise everything the club does, and both sides appear to nearly always do it from a position of ignorance. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AVE1875 said:

So looks like we'll be announcing Ohashi (for the first team) and Mafoumbi (for the U-21s soon) according to reports ... Potentially followed by Danny Batth (first team).

Also seeing rumours about us being linked with Marek Rodak but stumbling due to wage demands and now Al Ettifaq are circling... So he's obviously going to the Saudi league... A signing like him would be exceptional business, but as if Rovers would ever pull that off!

I guess I will resign to us signing Weopold Lahlstedt from one of the Scandinavian Leagues ... 🤣

Along with Burnley, Hull and Derby.

He's not coming here. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Could well be. I thought we got allocated 5 because of the amount of homegrown players being used for so many games. I'm sure I read 4 the first season and potentially 5 second season depending on homegrown players used last season 

Basic allowance is 1, and this increases to a maximum of 4 depending on how much a club plays home grown players (% of minutes)

https://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2023/06/21/introducing-esc-the-new-gbe-guidance-opens-up-recruitment-post-brexit/

2024/25 onwards Criteria

However, from this season onwards clubs will be able to plan for the number of ESC slots that they have, with the possibility that they could only have one if the number of minutes for EQP is lower than 20%.

Number of available ESC places
Weighted EQP minutes % Premier League Championship League One League Two
>= 35% 4 4 2 2
>= 30% 3 3 1 1
>= 25% 2 2
>= 20% 1 1

EQP = English Qualified Player

* Unsure if Sigurdsson took up one of these slots last season, and that if he did, will he still take one up this coming year or if he managed enough game time to qualify for a normal work permit

Edit - Would assume the French youngster if he signs will also take up one of these slots

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

Latest story is Ohashi has got work permit sorted. Because of overseas clause it is costing 30 million yen which is 151k very cheap deal if true. Also states he's traveling tomorrow

Edited by Rover8T4
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Will be sure to run my posts by you in future damo! There’s no difference between “he’ll be a failure” and “he’ll win the ballon d’or” by the way. Both predictions, not having any faith in our scouting network is hardly a surprising opinion.

4 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Latest story is Ohashi has got work permit sorted. Because of overseas clause it is costing 30 million yen which is 151k very cheap deal if true. Also states he's traveling tomorrow

Do you have a link for that please?

5 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

That’s from the journo who broke the story originally who is now correcting his earlier tweet today that the player was in the country and was going to train today!

So Jackson was right!

Edited by Forever Blue

9 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Oh I’m so excited about spending £150k on a striker! Better @damo100?

• Like 2

Looking at some of the"Free" agent signings in the EFL Championship this summer;

Vaclav Hladky, Callum Chambers, Chris Willock, Ben Osborn, Cody Drameh, Japhet Tanganga, Louie Sibley, Josh Murphy, Callum O'Hare, Jamie Shackleton, Max Lowe, Jamal Lowe, Nathaniel Chalobah, Ben Hamer, Ben Gibson, and even Ian Poveda.

Rovers annually sleepwalk through this part of the summer transfer window. In fact, looking back over the past dozen years, are Rovers perhaps the worst club when it comes to "Free" signings.

Danny Graham and Charlie Mulgrew stand out, but the best I could research beyond that are Lewis Holtby, Daniel Ayala, Stewart Downing, Bradley Johnson, Richie Smallwood and Tommy Spurr... 

Maybe Sondre Tronstad and Arnor Sigurdsson (continue to) become class as successes. But that is still only 10 players in 12 years. Must wake up and do better. Every year we end up annoyed and disappointed.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
Added Sondre.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Looking at some of the"Free" agent signings in the EFL Championship this summer;

Vaclav Hladky, Callum Chambers, Chris Willock, Ben Osborn, Cody Drameh, Japhet Tanganga, Louie Sibley, Josh Murphy, Callum O'Hare, Jamie Shackleton, Max Lowe, Jamal Lowe, Nathaniel Chalobah, Ben Hamer, Ben Gibson, and even Ian Poveda.

Rovers annually sleepwalk through this part of the summer transfer window. In fact, looking back over the past dozen years, are Rovers perhaps the worst club when it comes to "Free" signings.

Danny Graham and Charlie Mulgrew stand out, but the best I could research beyond that are Lewis Holtby, Daniel Ayala, Stewart Downing, Bradley Johnson, Richie Smallwood and Tommy Spurr... Maybe Arnor Sigurdsson becomes one. But that is only 9 players in 12 years. Must wake up and do better. Every year we end up annoyed and disappointed.

Still some very good championship frees available too. But the euros slow everything down… 😉

• Like 1

Elliott Jackson reported that the fee was well below the original reported figure online.

I know he’s gets some stick on here, but seems he was right on this one 😀

• Like 1

150k...it's all making a lot more sense as to how this deal has been done now 😂.

But whatever, the fact is Rovers are signing someone for the first team, and at that price if he turns out to be decent it'll be labelled as a fantastic deal.

Hopefully the young French lad is better than the U21s and can challenge for the first team as well.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Danny Graham and Charlie Mulgrew stand out, but the best I could research beyond that are Lewis Holtby, Daniel Ayala, Stewart Downing, Bradley Johnson, Richie Smallwood and Tommy Spurr... Maybe Arnor Sigurdsson becomes one. But that is only 9 players in 12 years. Must wake up and do better. Every year we end up annoyed and disappointed.

In the cases of Graham, Mulgrew Ayala, Downing and probably Holtby we had to tip up contracts worth 15/25 grand a week that's the only reason we got those players in.

That's probably the reason we now sleepwalk through this period, because we wouldn't and now can't pay good wages for proven players.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3