BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

5 minutes ago, cmkay1999 said:

You’d have to think that if the fee of 150k is right, that the Japanese attacker is nothing to do with sammie leaving. So you would hope that if Sammie does leave that the money will go into signing some more players. However this is rovers so the money will likely go into heating Waggots indoor pool. 

Will be a shame if he does go, but at his age you’d think Sammie needs to jump at the chance to play prem football.

2 minutes ago, Neal said:

Where has 150k come from? I thought it was 800k

It was never ever going to be £1million or anywhere near it.

Think it's indicative of how desperate and limited Rovers are where it comes to new signings.  A 3 year deal for this lad is going to cost somewhere in the £1.5m to £2.0m range when you factor fee, wages and NI in - it's relative chicken shit.

The bottom line is can he play and weigh in with some goals?  Let's hope he's nearer to a Son than a Telalovic!!!

I actually think this signing has lots to do with Sammie's inevitable departure - it will take a little heat out of the situation, at least in the short term until we can see whether he's a diamond or a dud.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Good lord... it's worse than I thought.

Don't worry - it says competition from other clubs for his signature, so it won't happen.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Good lord... it's worse than I thought.

Posted a few minutes ago about the Japanese lad "Think it's indicative of how desperate and limited Rovers are where it comes to new signings" - Humphrys is the personification of that statement!

1 minute ago, Makrover said:

Thoughts on Stephen humphrys anyone 

Workhorse. Likes to drive at players through the middle which our team lacks. Not prolific but could be useful considering options from the bench we have been lacking 

2 minutes ago, Makrover said:

Thoughts on Stephen humphrys anyone 

Mostly played as a CF, scored 9 goals in 38 games in League One last season. I don't think I need to say anything else.

• Like 4

We are in fairytale land if we are expecting Rovers to suddenly sign players who are proven at League 1, Championship level or equivalent. They require decent fees or good wages. Not what we are going to do.

Humphrys is physical, had a decent season and will be cheap

5 minutes ago, FE123 said:

We are in fairytale land if we are expecting Rovers to suddenly sign players who are proven at League 1, Championship level or equivalent. They require decent fees or good wages. Not what we are going to do.

Humphrys is physical, had a decent season and will be cheap

Could spend some of the £40million we raised from player sales.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

The way I see it what would you all rather. Bringing on someone who likes to run at people and cause issues, Or Vale who's going to trot around the frontline and not chase back 

Improving on Vale is not the benchmark for a decent signing.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Rover8T4 said:

The way I see it what would you all rather. Bringing on someone who likes to run at people and cause issues, Or Vale who's going to trot around the frontline and not chase back 

People wrote of SS and Dack before they pulled on the shirt, based on being League 1 players.  It’s silly writing anyone off. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

Yep, played mainly on the right and up front according to TMarkt. 

He actually offers a physical presence which we lack. He could be an astute signing.

Exactly. It's a team game and the right blend of players will help massively. We just witnessed a league one team get promoted to the premier league by hard work and togetherness. 

• Like 1

Never seen Humphrys play so I have no idea what he is like as a player. We'd have to go some way to find a player less effective than Vale, imo. On a side note, he is represented by the same agency as:

The Wharton brothers, Carter, Gamble and former Rovers' in Nyambe, Mahoney and Sam Hart.

1 minute ago, Rover8T4 said:

Exactly. It's a team game and the right blend of players will help massively. We just witnessed a league one team get promoted to the premier league by hard work and togetherness. 

Same with Luton year before with the likes of the much derided Bell. They also had a striker up front in Morris who had been a lower league journeyman all his career with a poor goal return and then suddenly he’s banging them in in the Prem.