BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

Eustace will take whatever Rovers can afford/are willing to spend.

Eustace wants to play a certain way and if you look at Birmingham he didn't play with deep layer playmaker midfielder. He likes wingers 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace wants to play a certain way and if you look at Birmingham he didn't play with deep layer playmaker midfielder. He likes wingers 

What he likes and what is supplied for him will not necessarily be the same thing

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

What's that sound? Oh, just the barrell being firmly scraped!

The sound is the bottom of the barrel falling out after all the scraping!  

Think we are now like pigs rooting  in the soil and sh1t!

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

Jackson saying he’s hearing more positive noises re recruitment and that things seem to be warming up. 

well lets so for us, we need 5 signings without any players sales. 

59 minutes ago, cmkay1999 said:

Recent posts on here and x have suggested the fee is 30 million yen (around 150k)

I mean, regardless of where we're buying this lad from... To be signing someone who's scored the amount of goals he has in the last 18 months for 150k seems actually very shrewd business tbf. Time will tell of course. 

• Like 8

How is it we’re the only club to know that there’s a £150,000 clause to purchase Ohashi?  How many more ludicrous clauses like this exist?  

also this price seems to be why we can buy the player 

9 minutes ago, KentExile said:

What he likes and what is supplied for him will not necessarily be the same thing

Eustace is part of the recruitment process and has a say. He has set his team in pre season to play a certain way and when you look at the players we have been linked to fit into this formation and tactics

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace is part of the recruitment process and has a say. He has set his team in pre season to play a certain way and when you look at the players we have been linked to fit into this formation and tactics

I've watched us in pre-season against Accy Stanley and Nuremberg and I'm intrigued to hear more about what this 'certain way' of playing is, because I couldn't see anything of the sort.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, yankfan said:

How is it we’re the only club to know that there’s a £150,000 clause to purchase Ohashi?  How many more ludicrous clauses like this exist?  

also this price seems to be why we can buy the player 

Probably found out via playing football manager.

On a serious note though Japanese players from the J league don't sell for big fees. Furuhashi of Celtic at around 5m is the most expensive, ever. More expensive departures tend to be Brazilians.

Mitoma was less than 3m

Humphrys would be ok as squad player and can play either wide role and as number 9. Still need a goalscorer striker signing who can play the target man role. 

But also on Humphrys, look at Dack and Szmodics who people doubt their ability when they signed and they were proven wrong. 2 year later Szmodics scored 33 goals last season and now worth millions more than we bought him for. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chaddy.

I don’t know how Eustace set up his Birmingham side, but you’ll have great difficulty persuading me that any manager doesn’t want creativity from central midfield. They might not play creative players there because they don’t have any.

• Like 3

The idea of bringing in quick wingers, which Eustace seems to favour and is openly asking for, is something I can get behind. I've wanted to see us have pace on our wings for many years.

Obviously, we all know the big issue in all of this. What the manager wants and what he is allowed are usually two different things here.

IF he is able to bring in those wingers, plus a striker, a CM, CB and a LB we might be alright. There are a lot of 'ifs' there though and we are talking about one of the worst hierarchies in English football, expecting or hoping that Park pulls out a few gems.

Personally, I hope there's somebody there looking towards Africa, there's players to be found, we just haven't done it/been able to for a number of reasons under this lot.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I've watched us in pre-season against Accy Stanley and Nuremberg and I'm intrigued to hear more about what this 'certain way' of playing is, because I couldn't see anything of the sort.

I watched both games and you could see how Eustace wants us to play which was starting in 4-2-3-1 formation but when attacking JRC drifted inside into the 8/10 role and Brittain providing the width on the right side of the attacking and Dolan staying wide on the left with Travis and Tronstad sitting in midfield and Pickering not getting forward and making it 3 at the back with the ball in 3-4-1-2 formation

Elliott Jackson has mentioned similar after both games and it has been clear to see what Eustace wants and what they have been working on

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, MB Rover said:

Will be sure to run my posts by you in future damo! There’s no difference between “he’ll be a failure” and “he’ll win the ballon d’or” by the way. Both predictions, not having any faith in our scouting network is hardly a surprising opinion.

You're clearly missing the point fella 

13 minutes ago, den said:

Chaddy.

I don’t know how Eustace set up his Birmingham side, but you’ll have great difficulty persuading me that any manager doesn’t want creativity from central midfield. They might not play creative players there because they don’t have any.

Well look at the teams in played at Birmingham and how they played. Also look at how we have played in pre season and his comments.