BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

On 10/06/2024 at 11:48, windymiller7 said:

Yeah, a very underwhelming record since then, although a quick google did turn this one up for Hearts last season. Although I don't think there's anything in the rumours, it's definitely worth a watch!

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12803613/stephen-humphrys-scores-a-sensational-goal-from-his-own-half-to-secure-hearts-win

Not bad!

• Like 1

Humphrys would be the desperate signing of a cash strapped club trying to cobble a team together. We need goals and pace along the front line, he is a league 1 plodder who provides neither.

Hopefully we get Ohashi done imminetly, interesting that he is only costing 150k and hopefully he proves a bargain. Also makes redundant @chaddyrovers your comments about the potential budget when we assumed he was costing 1m. He needs to be the first of many.

2 hours ago, Polky said:

The ITK wars continue…

This account posts very similarly if it isnt him to Mercer with regular doomsday predictions. Szmodics will go but will it be completed tomorrow? Not convinced.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Humphrys would be the desperate signing of a cash strapped club trying to cobble a team together. We need goals and pace along the front line, he is a league 1 plodder who provides neither.

Yes people were asking why we were signing Szmodics for when we had Dack. Ok Squad player

Hopefully we get Ohashi done imminetly, interesting that he is only costing 150k and hopefully he proves a bargain. Also makes redundant @chaddyrovers your comments about the potential budget when we assumed he was costing 1m. He needs to be the first of many.

on the budget, who knows what the budget is and who we will sign in the coming 36 days of the transfer window. I'm expecting us to be busy making signings and players leaving. Reminds me of Mowbray last summer in charge of Rovers. 

I wonder if we will move for a couple of players from Bordeaux now they have gone bust as a club

This account posts very similarly if it isnt him to Mercer with regular doomsday predictions. Szmodics will go but will it be completed tomorrow? Not convinced.

Ipswich haven't made a new bid for him, So this situation is no further forward

the more attacking options the better,totally fed up with gallagher stinking the place out every fortnight and thats before the season starts😀,hopefully these lads can replace him and eustace will get rid,id`e offer him to pne,let him ponce around at deepdale instead of ewood

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But also on Humphrys, look at Dack and Szmodics who people doubt their ability when they signed and they were proven wrong. 2 year later Szmodics scored 33 goals last season and now worth millions more than we bought him for. 

What are you trying to say? That because some players do better than you expect that all players will? Or that all players could play better than you expect, a stating of the obvious.

Also quite clearly Humphrys isn’t in the same bucket as league one player of the year dack or szmodics who had played well in a struggling champ Peterborough team

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

What are you trying to say? That because some players do better than you expect that all players will? Or that all players could play better than you expect, a stating of the obvious.

Also quite clearly Humphrys isn’t in the same bucket as league one player of the year dack or szmodics who had played well in a struggling champ Peterborough team

don't write any players off until they play for us if sign for us

Did anyone think Szmodics would scored 33 goals last season in all competitions? no of course it. Same as BBD when he scored over 20 goals in Mowbray's last season here 

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the more attacking options the better,totally fed up with gallagher stinking the place out every fortnight and thats before the season starts😀,hopefully these lads can replace him and eustace will get rid,id`e offer him to pne,let him ponce around at deepdale instead of ewood

PNE fans seem to rate Gallagher highly for some reason. The way they talk about him, you'd think we've got a Championship Drogba here. Hilarious based on what we've seen, but still strange to hear it from them. They are welcome to take him, imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danny O.Brien said:

This stinks of the Ennis deal last season. A bang average league one player, left on a free so can command a bigger wage. It's a no from me.

He looked really decent when he first emerged at Rochdale but nothing he’s done since has convinced me he’d be a good signing now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FE123 said:

We are in fairytale land if we are expecting Rovers to suddenly sign players who are proven at League 1, Championship level or equivalent. They require decent fees or good wages. Not what we are going to do.

Humphrys is physical, had a decent season and will be cheap

In his highlights on YouTube makes him look a bit like Macquire. He is physical and fairly quick but has a good shot on him, so maybe a better bet than Gallagher. 

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

They have financial problems and maybe didn’t offer what he can get elsewhere?

They absolutely do not have financial problems - their owner is a billionaire.

I know he's making them operate on a tight L1 budget, but that's a different matter.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I watched both games and you could see how Eustace wants us to play which was starting in 4-2-3-1 formation but when attacking JRC drifted inside into the 8/10 role and Brittain providing the width on the right side of the attacking and Dolan staying wide on the left with Travis and Tronstad sitting in midfield and Pickering not getting forward and making it 3 at the back with the ball in 3-4-1-2 formation

Elliott Jackson has mentioned similar after both games and it has been clear to see what Eustace wants and what they have been working on

Chaddy I'm glad you worked that out because it was definitely not obvious to me and others what he was trying to do & the Nuremberg game was awful I couldn't tell what formation we were playing & the players didn't seem to know their roles and who was picking up who we were lucky we didn't concede more than what we did it was one of the worst performances from Rovers! 🙄

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

This rubbish about writing off players is really tiresome. Let people freely discuss players we MIGHT be signing without strangling conversation.

Equally, people get excited over players that they do get excited by us signing yet the opposite argument, he might turn out to be shit in a Rovers shirt, never gets half as much air time. Take Danny Murphy, we signed a Premier League captain as a Championship club and he was woeful.

Of course a player can either thrive or struggle at a particular club having done the opposite prior to joining, it can happen. But to be underwhelmed by a potential signing isnt writing him off, and is a bit hypocritical of @chaddyrovers having made it clear he doesnt want Danny Batth. Obviously we will judge any player on how he does here, but it doesnt mean that we shouldnt give our opinions prior.

Ive seen loads of people on social media (not on here) berating those "moaning that we arent signing players then moaning that we might be." Its an absolutely crazy argument saturated in low standards heightened by still waiting for anyone to come through the door. Wanting signings AND those signings to be of a certain quality is not unrealistic nor is it moaning for the sake of moaning.

Additionally, style of play and playing-chemistry with teammates matter.

Even elite players flop in certain teams, yet thrives in others. Difficult to tell before they kick on

Edited by sverrehh

5 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Yuki taking part in training today and will sign 3 year contract (according to journo who broke the story)

I can see some Yuki Oh song being developed on the terraces 😂

48 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My guess is the player may cost 150k but the agents & cronies involved will be recieving substantially more than that between them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sverrehh said:

Additionally, style of play and playing-chemistry with teammates matter.

Even elite players flop in certain teams, yet thrives in others. Difficult to tell before they kick on

Absolutely, there are examples of players dropping or thriving at new clubs.

But we shouldnt be suffocated from discussing what we think of players we know before potentially joining. Humphrys has had an underwhelming career and to me screams of a bit of desperation due to the budget.

Wigan fans seem to think his agent will have pulled a blinder to get a Championship move and that he is talented but inconsistent with a terrible attitude. Maybe moving up a level will suit him. Or maybe that bad attitude coupled with the higher standard and more potential of not starting will mean he is even less effective. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

don't write any players off until they play for us if sign for us

Did anyone think Szmodics would scored 33 goals last season in all competitions? no of course it. Same as BBD when he scored over 20 goals in Mowbray's last season here 

How about you just mind your own buisness instead of telling people what they should or shouldn't do 👍

You repeat on here daily that people should just either respect or ignore your precious opinions! So maybe eat a bit of ditto pie 🥧

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

How about you just mind your own buisness instead of telling people what they should or shouldn't do 👍

I just have this song.. 

Oh Yuki you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind, oh Yuki, hey Yuki.  

What you think? One for the Terraces? 😄

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

This rubbish about writing off players is really tiresome. Let people freely discuss players we MIGHT be signing without strangling conversation.

Its yourself who is obsess with putting labels and basing comments from other fans opinion.; 

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Of course a player can either thrive or struggle at a particular club having done the opposite prior to joining, it can happen. But to be underwhelmed by a potential signing isnt writing him off, and is a bit hypocritical of @chaddyrovers having made it clear he doesnt want Danny Batth. Obviously we will judge any player on how he does here, but it doesnt mean that we shouldnt give our opinions prior.

I don't want Batth cos we need a left footed centre back to give us balance and the option of playing back 3. 

15 minutes ago, Brfcrule1 said:

Chaddy I'm glad you worked that out because it was definitely not obvious to me and others what he was trying to do & the Nuremberg game was awful I couldn't tell what formation we were playing & the players didn't seem to know their roles and who was picking up who we were lucky we didn't concede more than what we did it was one of the worst performances from Rovers! 🙄

It was obvious to see at the Stanley game cos I mentioned several times about Pickering not getting forward to my dad and how much Brittain was getting forward and JRC moving inside.