BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, den said:

Chaddy.

I don’t know how Eustace set up his Birmingham side, but you’ll have great difficulty persuading me that any manager doesn’t want creativity from central midfield. They might not play creative players there because they don’t have any.

To be fair Den, 30 years ago Sherwood/Atkins or Sherwood/Batty were hardly the sort you'd call creative, but they did the ugly stuff well, knew how to distribute the ball simply, got it out to the wingers, who took their men on & crossed well for strikers to score.

If Eustace wants to revert to that style of play, can get the personnel, and can get results from it, that's fine by me.

Big ifs, I appreciate that, but a laudable aim imo.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

To be fair Den, 30 years ago Sherwood/Atkins or Sherwood/Batty were hardly the sort you'd call creative, but they did the ugly stuff well, knew how to distribute the ball simply, got it out to the wingers, who took their men on & crossed well for strikers to score.

If Eustace wants to revert to that style of play, can get the personnel, and can get results from it, that's fine by me.

Big ifs, I appreciate that, but a laudable aim imo.

At least it would be a plan.

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

At least it would be a plan.

It may well be a plan, but it is highly likely that the pacey winger we will get will be someone along the lines of Oliver Burke (on loan), who may be fast, but cant find a final ball to save his life

• Like 1

Just now, KentExile said:

It may well be a plan, but it is highly likely that the pacey winger we will get will be someone along the lines of Oliver Burke (on loan), who may be fast, but cant find a final ball to save his life

I would take him on loan

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would take him on loan

waste of a wage (specifically meaning Burke, not a pacey wide player)

10 goals and 4 assists in 85 games at this level, and none in over 20 games last season.  Fast but very unproductive

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/oliver-burke/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/341317/plus/0?saison=&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=GB2&pos=&trainer_id=

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, KentExile said:

waste of a wage (specifically meaning Burke, not a pacey wide player)

10 goals and 4 assists in 85 games at this level, and none in over 20 games last season.  Fast but very unproductive

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/oliver-burke/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/341317/plus/0?saison=&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=GB2&pos=&trainer_id=

Fair to say that Birmingham fans werent impressed. Nor Sheff United fans.

• Like 1

Talk of how we wants to play seems very flawed based on pre season games where he needs to balance teams to give players minutes and none are his players.

How can anyone possibly have concluded that he wants quick wide men and plenty of crosses at this stage based on his time here seems baseless.

And our midfielders just happen to all be cloggers now Wharton has gone.

He seems like a very pragmatic manager focused on clean sheets and isnt bothered about entertainment but again thats based on players that arent his. (Plus his Birmingham side)

Just now, J*B said:

Anyone else completely astonished by the positive reaction to a player who is on face value:

Unproven at this level

Has had a major knee injury

Has a 1 in 3 goal return in the Japanese league (has anyone ever watched it?)

Potentially coming in to replace Szmodics..?

In fairness, last week I was pretty much convinced that Szmodics was going and not being replaced, so its a huge step up from that 😉 

• Like 4

For 150k or free it's a no brainer might as well give it a go however i'd be a bit wary of coming straight in on a 3 year contract with no doubt nice wages seeing as there is allegedly no fee.

Anyone know which agent/agency is handling this ?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Anyone else completely astonished by the positive reaction to a player who is on face value:

Unproven at this level

i have watched the japanese j league a few times and it is 10000000% different to british football,you get bags of time on the ball over there,heavy tackles are non existant and generally the game is very politely contested,yoshi will have to adapt quickly or he`ll be eaten alive,it`s a risky signing imo,we are far better off with the german lad for osnabruick imo

• Like 2

Without trying to stereotype, I’ve never seen an Asian player that doesn’t have an engine and the heart of a lion. Hopefully his ability is up to it but I’ve no doubt he will be well liked, respected and run his socks to dust . 

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, J*B said:

Unproven at this level

“By the positive reaction?” Are you serious? 

Edited by BankEnd Rover

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Talk of how we wants to play seems very flawed based on pre season games where he needs to balance teams to give players minutes and none are his players.

How can anyone possibly have concluded that he wants quick wide men and plenty of crosses at this stage based on his time here seems baseless.

And our midfielders just happen to all be cloggers now Wharton has gone.

He seems like a very pragmatic manager focused on clean sheets and isnt bothered about entertainment but again thats based on players that arent his. (Plus his Birmingham side)

Pre season is about the working on your formation and tactics you want to play when the first game of the season comes around. using your argument no point working on formations and tactics, just tell them to go out there and play where they want, Its pre season guys. 

He wants quick wingers and crossing into the box cos he made that comment at the We Are The Rovers annual meeting. Do you not see that comment. We Are The Rovers - AGM 2024 (youtube.com) Around 25 mins and 30 second 

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

“By the positive reaction?” Are you serious? 

I can’t say I’ve read every post here, but X and Facebook is flooded with positivity over the signing. 

• Like 2

News from the continent.

Getafe's manager, in protest to their lack of signing, has been called out for playing a friendly with two centre backs up front.  

It's unknown if JE will copy this, given I'm not sure we've the centre back depth to do so