BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

9 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Where’s this centre half a poster said was coming over from Nantes this week? Can’t remember who mentioned it…

I think they were trying to get said player over initially on trial, not sure if it's progressed.

Mafoumbi has been at Stanley House all week so they may have been trying to get a few to room share to save cash 🙄

10 hours ago, KentExile said:

It may well be a plan, but it is highly likely that the pacey winger we will get will be someone along the lines of Oliver Burke (on loan), who may be fast, but cant find a final ball to save his life

So another Dolan

10 hours ago, J*B said:

Anyone else completely astonished by the positive reaction to a player who is on face value:

Unproven at this level

Has had a major knee injury

Has a 1 in 3 goal return in the Japanese league (has anyone ever watched it?)

Potentially coming in to replace Szmodics..?

Wait until he plays a few championship games, before you be concerned. 

10 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i have watched the japanese j league a few times and it is 10000000% different to british football,you get bags of time on the ball over there,heavy tackles are non existant and generally the game is very politely contested,yoshi will have to adapt quickly or he`ll be eaten alive,it`s a risky signing imo,we are far better off with the german lad for osnabruick imo

There are plenty of Japanese players playing in Europe, in tough leagues that have adapted. Yuki Oh is a tough lad, he will eventually power up 

8 hours ago, pick32 said:

Pears 

Britain  Hyam Carter Pickering

Travis Tronstad

JRC Gallagher Sigurdson 

Should beat Derby

That team fit should finish comfortably out of the relegation places it’s the depth as we all know is the issue. 

Are those players all fit do you know and where is hedges . Injured or doesn’t get in your 11.

2 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

this team finished 19th last season and has not improved. we have no playing identity, no creativity, no leaders at the back, our lb/rb doesnt offer much up front, no goals in attack. Without Sammie to poach a goal or two for us, im not sure how we can stay competitive.

Trying to stay positive but extremely worried.

Totally agree, we are gonna struggle for goals so badly without Szmodic. 

I think we will struggle to score even a single goal in a game this year as it stands.
Also as our wide and forward players are so poor it just invites the opposition forwards as we can’t maintain pressure or offer any threat leading to us being under the cosh all game.

Lets hope some of these signings actually come in else it’s nailed on relegation.

• Like 1

I do think our starting 11, maybe with two others, 13 players maximum, is better than 19th place. However, we won’t last 5 games with 13 first team players. A goalkeeper, 2 centre backs and two forwards are a minimum to have a competitive squad.

I’ve watched Humphrys and although he’s predominantly been a league 1 player, he would offer us something different. Indifferent goal scoring record but is very physical, quite quick and can play in multiple positions, he’s not like anything else we have had at the club recently.

Ohashi looks like a great deal, fair play to Park. Even if he turns out not to be up to this level, we could command a fee for him in January or next summer with his goal scoring record over the last couple of years.

Priority now has to be a first team goalkeeper and cover at centre half. Eustace wants experience but that comes with cost. Will he get?

16 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I bet it doesn't.

Nope. How would that line up "comfortably survive" when it only scraped home on the last day of the season and due in large part to SS and the fact Leicester had been on the lash all week?

Barely a goal in that line up. Plus Derby and their supporters will be on the crest of a wave - initially at least. We're in the depths of despair before a ball is kicked - and that's likely to be an optimistic take unless something unexpected happens in the transfer market between now and the end of the window.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Booom…cat amongst the pigeons!!

Imagine if Chaddy had posted this…🤣

In the light of the last few transfer windows I would wait until the deal is confirmed before crowing about it personally.

Might not adapt to conditions over here either but at least I applaud the thinking outside the box and unearthing a contractual situation whereby it might mean we get a real bargain.

Hope it's not a Ruben Rochina type scenario where we get a very talented player for nothing but the agent expects £1.6m........

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Ohashi looks like a great deal, fair play to Park.

We first enquired about him in Jan, so I presume this is one from Sean Kimberley.

Thats a great point actually. Ive seen mentions that this is a signing picked out by the new staff but initial reports linking us said we tried to get him last winter.

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

So another Dolan

Dolan isnt fast to be fair. But is still just about more useful than Burke.

40 minutes ago, FE123 said:

I do think our starting 11, maybe with two others, 13 players maximum, is better than 19th place. However, we won’t last 5 games with 13 first team players. A goalkeeper, 2 centre backs and two forwards are a minimum to have a competitive squad.

I’ve watched Humphrys and although he’s predominantly been a league 1 player, he would offer us something different. Indifferent goal scoring record but is very physical, quite quick and can play in multiple positions, he’s not like anything else we have had at the club recently.

Ohashi looks like a great deal, fair play to Park. Even if he turns out not to be up to this level, we could command a fee for him in January or next summer with his goal scoring record over the last couple of years.

Priority now has to be a first team goalkeeper and cover at centre half. Eustace wants experience but that comes with cost. Will he get?

Agreed on the keeper, Pears is no where near good enough and we'll always struggle if he's our No.1.

A new No.1 has to be a priority.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Hope it's not a Ruben Rochina type scenario where we get a very talented player for nothing but the agent expects £1.6m........

He's on the books of Athlete Plus which just appears to be a small Japanese agency, in fact he's listed as their second most valuable asset at €900k. It appears to be a good deal, you'd imagine most Japanese players dream of playing in England to be fair, there's probably others with a similar clause in their contracts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Agreed on the keeper, Pears is no where near good enough and we'll always struggle if he's our No.1.

A new No.1 has to be a priority.

Something Eustace noticed straight away . Think we were linked with Ruddy in April. Don’t think that’s any great loss but he’s clearly not happy with Pears

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You the same with Rhodes time after time, wrong every time. Full of hot air and living in fantasy 🌏

Pot, kettle, black. Mercer is wrong on his fair share, also been right on some. I would argue that out of the two of you, you’re the one closer to fantasy land with your ‘everything is amazing’ views.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, FE123 said:

I think this could be the next cheap punt, probably depends on when Szmodics goes though.

Not sure this lad is mentally stable, I know it's wiki but it appears to be true 🤨

Screenshot_20240726_084457_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nbdrovers said:

blimey, more or less our strongest squad at the start of a season?

(plus a midfielder!)

We're on the verge of "if they were playing a game in my back garden I'd close the curtains" - and I've got a season ticket!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FE123 said:

I think this could be the next cheap punt, probably depends on when Szmodics goes though.

Going to be difficult against Boro & Sunderland (especially if the latter looses clark) - HOWEVER, he does follow Rovers on insta and i've been clinging on to that for the past 6 weeks lol