BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

Deceptively slow.

A function of his size, unfortunately. Very rare that you get a player as small as Dolan who has decent pace over 30 or 40 yards.

It's not a view everyone shares, but I think Dolan is actually doing a decent job of developing as a player given how much of a physical disadvantage he faces. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

If being Player of the Season doesn't warrant being one of the highest earners, I'm not sure what does.

I put absolutely zero stock in who is given the Player of the season award 

3 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Absolutely crazy that at 37 he can miss a pre season and yet we still sign him 🙈

Reminds me of how we waited to re-sign Stewart Downing at the same stage of his career, and he came back in a lot worse shape and needed a handful or more games before he was up to the pace again. Arguably he never got back to the levels from the season prior.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

How fit was he when he joined us last season? And if the manager wants him back then it’s clearly not a terrible idea to him, which us what ultimately counts.

No, what ultimately counts is whether it actually is a terrible idea or not. Eustace's desire to re-sign him counts for whether we do it, but if he has a dire season it will have been a terrible idea.

39 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I once saw Lorenzo Amoruso overtake Michael Owen in a chase for the ball.

Bursts of adrenaline vs tiredness can do a lot in a single situation. Doesn't mean that player is actually quicker overall.

Hyam is very slow.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

No, what ultimately counts is whether it actually is a terrible idea or not. Eustace's desire to re-sign him counts for whether we do it, but if he has a dire season it will have been a terrible idea.

I think that’s called hindsight. Unless JE can see into the future he has to make a decision based on what he thinks Fadz can bring to the team in the coming season.

He obviously thinks it’s a good idea to bring him back, and for all the reasons he stated at the end of the season.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I once saw Lorenzo Amoruso overtake Michael Owen in a chase for the ball.

Bursts of adrenaline vs tiredness can do a lot in a single situation. Doesn't mean that player is actually quicker overall.

I once saw Lorenzo Amoruso play a full game! but only the once.

19 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I think that’s called hindsight. Unless JE can see into the future he has to make a decision based on what he thinks Fadz can bring to the team in the coming season.

He obviously thinks it’s a good idea to bring him back, and for all the reasons he stated at the end of the season.

I expect a degree of foresight from managers. If they don't have any of that, they're not much use. Mark Hughes had tons of it, Coyle had none of it.

We take part in discussion on a message board to discuss the merits of signings and see if we have any foresight of our own. Not to kowtow to the decisions of the manager. We all know he has say in the transfer policy and we don't, it doesn't need pointing out. But if he makes bad decisions he won't last (and most likely neither will our Championship status).

What I said before is fact. If it turns out terribly, it will have been a terrible idea. Whether hindsight or foresight. But if someone predicted it was going to happen and it happens, that will have been foresight not hindsight.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I expect a degree of foresight from managers. If they don't have any of that, they're not much use. Mark Hughes had tons of it, Coyle had none of it.

We take part in discussion on a message board to discuss the merits of signings and see if we have any foresight of our own. Not to kowtow to the decisions of the manager. We all know he has say in the transfer policy and we don't, it doesn't need pointing out. But if he makes bad decisions he won't last (and most likely neither will our Championship status).

What I said before is fact. If it turns out terribly, it will have been a terrible idea. Whether hindsight or foresight. But if someone predicted it was going to happen and it happens, that will have been foresight not hindsight.

The manager is in the best position to judge whether Fadz is an asset to the squad or not. I agree with the manager based on what I witnessed last season. 

If you see that as kow-towing that’s fine.👍

Edited by Forever Blue

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The manager is in the best position to judge whether Fadz is an asset to the squad or not. I agree with the manager based on what I witnessed last season. 

If you see that as kow-towing that’s fine.👍

I see shutting down debate because the manager has the final say as kowtowing. We're here for discussion.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

I see shutting down debate because the manager has the final say as kowtowing. We're here for discussion.

Cool. And I said I think it’s a good decision to re-sign him. Nobody is shutting down debate. You can express whatever opinion you like 👍 

1 minute ago, B16Rover said:

Is that 5 or 6 players signed, or 6 players and one of them is a bit iffy

Nope. It is none signed, but we are in the middle of further none-signings from club believeitwhenIseeit-stikas.

Just now, Old Codger said:

Nope. It is none signed, but we are in the middle of further none-signings from club believeitwhenIseeit-stikas.

In fairness no where in the quote says they're for the first team!

18 minutes ago, Polky said:

At this point, I think most of us would be giddy with excitement, at the prospects of bringing in two, “really good” players. 

Since relegation in 2012, have we ever brought in five, really good players in one summer!? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

A function of his size, unfortunately. Very rare that you get a player as small as Dolan who has decent pace over 30 or 40 yards.

It's not a view everyone shares, but I think Dolan is actually doing a decent job of developing as a player given how much of a physical disadvantage he faces. 

There always has to be an annual bout of Dolan bashing 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I thought that a couple of years years ago but to me he hasn't developed at all as a footballer. Still very little end product and poor decision making. You get a great 10-20 minute spell out of him once in a blue moon, but thats about it 

Personally I think Dolan, Buckley and possibly Garret to have until Christmas to prove their worth and if they can't step up they should step aside. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

If Rovers are bringing in 5 or 6 players- and three of those are Yuki, Batth, & Humphrys- that’s at least a step in the right direction. But, even then, only one of those three is proven at the Championship level (Batth).  

I will defer to y’all, many of you have followed the club 50 years. But, the other 2-3 signings would need to be a step up from these three, imo. 

• Like 2

Perhaps a bit of naivety on JE's part, he's still relatively new to thus circus especially with regards to transfers. Of course I hope he does get these players like.

It does seem a few things are going on behind the scenes that are being kept quiet....

• Like 3