BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Markanday having a good game apparently…Gets a lot of stick but for me is a good addition mainly off the bench.

It is a friendly v a League 2 side with Yann Songo'o in it. In the Championship he is usually anonymous.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Forget about hearing ‘Rovers’ again from any player or manager… like with so many things JDT was an outlier.

As an American, I don’t really get it; after all, there are Tranmere & Bristol… 

I always call the club, Blackburn Rovers, m’self! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Markanday having a good game apparently…Gets a lot of stick but for me is a good addition mainly off the bench.

This is his level.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I think we wave the white flag when we bring him off the bench. 

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

rovers apparently getting frustrated at ipswich over sammie negotiations,personally i suspect it`s the other way round,there is no way we are ever getting 15-20 million quid for him,this carrying on will only result in one p****d off player denied his big chance of the premier league,this is the brereton saga repeated,not selling a player by overvaluing him and refusing to reason on the price,rovers repution in the game must be absolutely shredded

Should we sell him for peanuts? Have Ipswich do e us any favours?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, neophox said:

If Ipswich having problems paying what Rovers want they can always throw a player or two to add value to the signing.

The owners will want the cash ,players in exchange will be on a higher wage than we will be willing to pay

• Like 2

Worrying that we haven't signed a new goalkeeper yet. Pears is a major liability and needs to be replaced. It shouldn't be difficult to make an upgrade. Just as an example Ben Wilson might be Coventry's third choice keeper now after they signed Oliver Dovin. Too expensive?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The owners will want the cash ,players in exchange will be on a higher wage than we will be willing to pay

Are you sure? Most of them were promoted from league one a year ago dont think they are on high wages all of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

rovers apparently getting frustrated at ipswich over sammie negotiations,personally i suspect it`s the other way round,there is no way we are ever getting 15-20 million quid for him,this carrying on will only result in one p****d off player denied his big chance of the premier league,this is the brereton saga repeated,not selling a player by overvaluing him and refusing to reason on the price,rovers repution in the game must be absolutely shredded

Mate they reportedly offered 6 million.

Szmodic signed a new contract in December, we shouldn't be doing Szmodic any favours.If a club pays a fair price and he is pushing to leave  then let him go

They valued Armstrong at £20 million sold for £15,valued Rhodes higher than what he was eventually sold for.

If Ipswich are offering less than £10 million then it is them taking the piss not Rovers.

We won't see any of the money put back in the team anyway so I hope nobody pays the money.He has 3 years left on his contract 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, neophox said:

Should we sell him for peanuts? Have Ipswich do e us any favours?

if we can get 9/10 million that would be a fair price,my main concern are the gobs****s in charge who can`t and won`t negotiate properly,sammie seems a decent sort but if you deny him the move he is`nt going to put the same effort in,it`s human nature to be fed up in that situation,you can`t really deny him a chance of the premier league,especially at his age,he deserves a go at the big time imo

Edited by simongarnerisgod
missed word
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if we can get 9/10 million that would be a fair price,my main concern are the gobs****s in charge who can`t and won`t negotiate properly,sammie seems a decent sort but if you deny him the move he is`nt going to put the same effort in,it`s human nature to be fed up in that situation,you can`t really deny him a chance of the premier league,especially at his age,he deserves a go at the big time imo

I don't even think 9 or 10 would be a fair price , I think they might take between £10-£12 million but with the season he just had and some of the other fees paid out this summer imo £14/15 million would be reasonable 

If we sold him for say £9 million and you then take into account, the transfer fee already paid, the sell on to Peterborough, Szmodic will probably be due a slice ,wages already paid we would be making a few million profit on a guy who was top scorer in the league and scored 30+ goals in all comps.And his sale will probs lead to relegation unless a good chunk goes back into the team (most of us know that will not happen)

I get the argument about age and not playing in the premier league but what age was Vardy when he debuted in the prem couple years younger than Szmodic(not saying Szmodic is Vardy level) but if Ipswich where to pay £12 million for Sammie and they got relegated they would have a very good player at this level to get them back up.His wages won't be extortionate either in comparison to other players they could buy.

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, neophox said:

Are you sure? Most of them were promoted from league one a year ago dont think they are on high wages all of them.

Yes

Promotion clauses are written into contracts that cover EVERY permutation of what division the player may find themselves in during the length of the contract,

Generally promotion clauses between League 1 & Championship, and again between the Championship and the Prem generally involve circa 100% wage increases.

Their accounts show that even their final season in League 1, Ipswich's wage bill was roughly the same as Rovers wage bill in the Championship at the same time

Walton for example was on over £10K/week in League 1, would have been on over £20K/week last season, and now probably £30K-£40K/week

Edited by KentExile

• Backroom
14 hours ago, London blue said:

Dolan isn't pacey, he just looks like he should be.

Goodwillie syndrome. His legs move faster but he doesn’t.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

And his sale will probs lead to relegation unless a good chunk goes back into the team (most of us know that will not happen)

i think we are in serious trouble even with sammie tbh,the side needed major surgery and all we appear to have is a couple of paracetamols,though im`e quite optimstic about that french lad who is supposedly signing

4 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Tyjon getting lots of praise from Jackson for his performance tonight.

“Tell Twitter he’s brilliant or you’re not allowed to interview the manager!”

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

“Tell Twitter he’s brilliant or you’re not allowed to interview the manager!”

9:50pm

Just spoken to John Eustace. Reaction coming up very shortly.

18 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Didn't go to the game but hearing Duru had another good performance tonight. Knocking on the door if true

He was excellent.

Tyjon was good, busy. 

Biniek was also lively and direct when he came on. Looks quick.

O’Riordan comfortable bringing the ball out, played very high at times. 

Neither Batty or Gamble are good enough, in fact they’re miles off it. 

Edited by Lancaster Rover
  • Like 6