BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

16 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

He was excellent.

Tyjon was good, busy. 

Biniek was also lively and direct when he came on. Looks quick.

O’Riordan comfortable bringing the ball out, played very high at times. 

Neither Batty or Gamble are good enough, in fact they’re miles off it. 

Remember seeing Batty at Stockport last summer and after all the hype about I was so disappointed. Looked like he had no idea where to be positionally or anything.

4 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Remember seeing Batty at Stockport last summer and after all the hype about I was so disappointed. Looked like he had no idea where to be positionally or anything.

He gave the ball away in dangerous positions at least 4 times. Flat, telegraphed passes into a central area. Jackson has given him 7, I’d have given 5 at best. Desperately needs to go out and play men’s football. Assuming Gent has risen above him in the pecking order

Edited by Lancaster Rover
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, London blue said:

A lot of people forgetting that a huge factor in dictating the price when buying a player is the selling clubs financial position. He won't go for anywhere near £15m as everyone knows we're on our knees.

Yes but you've also got to remember how irrationally stubborn the venkys are. 

I think the only time we've sold quality players on the cheap in the past is when the player has had a low sell on close or nearing the very end of their contract

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

31 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

He was excellent.

Tyjon was good, busy. 

Biniek was also lively and direct when he came on. Looks quick.

O’Riordan comfortable bringing the ball out, played very high at times. 

Neither Batty or Gamble are good enough, in fact they’re miles off it. 

Is Duru our RB cover do you think? 

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

Eustace resigned losing SS judging by his comments in LT tonight. Reiterates we need replacements who can score goals. 

Sammie's a proven championship goalscorer based on last year's record. A year in prem won't be as fruitful and by the time the second year comes round he may have lost that skill. 

He is a top championship level players & I'm hoping we keep him and start season with a known threat.

3 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Sammie's a proven championship goalscorer based on last year's record. A year in prem won't be as fruitful and by the time the second year comes round he may have lost that skill. 

He is a top championship level players & I'm hoping we keep him and start season with a known threat.

I personally think there’s very little chance he’ll be here once the window closes. 

• Like 3

On 25/07/2024 at 20:28, simongarnerisgod said:

no doubt the submit button will pressed this time as he`s not costing us anything

Might cost us championship survival if we sell Sammie and he's our replacement 

54 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It's all sounding depressingly familiar. Rovers entertaining bids for their star man and the manager pleading via the media that the club needs to reinvest money into the club.

Essentially, like JDT did, starting to lay the ground work for an exit when no money is spent, the squad remains paper thin, devoid of quality and struggling in the league.

if we start with this squad results will be so bad that eustace might get sacked (not his fault at all),i bet he`s thinking the same,put off resigning and get a pay off by getting the old tintac,who would take over then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

It's all sounding depressingly familiar. Rovers entertaining bids for their star man and the manager pleading via the media that the club needs to reinvest money into the club.

Essentially, like JDT did, starting to lay the ground work for an exit when no money is spent, the squad remains paper thin, devoid of quality and struggling in the league.

JDT was begging for bodies in and a year on, nothing in the door only more out. 

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if we start with this squad results will be so bad that eustace might get sacked (not his fault at all),i bet he`s thinking the same,put off resigning and get a pay off by getting the old tintac,who would take over then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might as well be Waggot at that rate. Double the salary of course 

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Yes but you've also got to remember how irrationally stubborn the venkys are. 

I think the only time we've sold quality players on the cheap in the past is when the player has had a low sell on close or nearing the very end of their contract

That's not true at all. They do have some form for being stubborn with valuations, but they also have form for selling players below value without a sell on or contract expiry being responsible.

Raya, Kaminski, Cairney. Bullshit prices, each of them should have been going for double or more what they did IMO. Not a hindsight thing either, myself and others were critical of those prices at the time. Plenty of us not entirely happy with the Wharton fee either.

Held out for a fair fee, considering impending expiry, for Armstrong. Held out for one for Brereton but gauged that wrong and lost him for free. Are there any other examples? Jones maybe, his clause was activated but there were rumours they somehow got a bit more than the clause due to threatening to sue or something. And I guess the Rhodes fee was roughly fair.

They perhaps stick to their valuations, but seems to me their valuations are crap roughly half the time. And Cairney was practically pushed out the door, at a time when our finances were performing poorly. Which sounds a bit like now...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, yankfan said:

I’d bet JRC or Carter 

JRC spends a lot of time injured and can be used elsewhere, and Carter will often be needed at CB, especially when injuries hit. So Duru is probably third or fourth choice but might in practice end up second choice if he does well.

• Like 2

Duru is definitely different to anything we have in that position, very direct runner in the Frimpong mould. Very hard to say where he is at in terms of being championship level after playing against Accrington and a Morecambe side that signed 17 players in a week. 

It was interesting tactically how high and wide he was instructed to be at times, whilst at the same time Biniek clearly had instructions to pin the touchline high on the opposite side. Eustace looking to make the pitch as big as possible and play out then through the centre. Not quite what I expected from Eustace, in that we set up more aggressively than we've seen

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

That's not true at all. They do have some form for being stubborn with valuations, but they also have form for selling players below value without a sell on or contract expiry being responsible.

Raya, Kaminski, Cairney. Bullshit prices, each of them should have been going for double or more what they did IMO. Not a hindsight thing either, myself and others were critical of those prices at the time. Plenty of us not entirely happy with the Wharton fee either.

Held out for a fair fee, considering impending expiry, for Armstrong. Held out for one for Brereton but gauged that wrong and lost him for free. Are there any other examples? Jones maybe, his clause was activated but there were rumours they somehow got a bit more than the clause due to threatening to sue or something. And I guess the Rhodes fee was roughly fair.

They perhaps stick to their valuations, but seems to me their valuations are crap roughly half the time. And Cairney was practically pushed out the door, at a time when our finances were performing poorly. Which sounds a bit like now...

If we'd been offered £8 million for Raya when he left, anyone would have snatched their hand off. 

15 minutes ago, M_B said:

If we'd been offered £8 million for Raya when he left, anyone would have snatched their hand off. 

Yeah I was going to comment on the Raya fee as one of those hindsight moments. His fee when he left was probably fair. He’d never played higher than the championship, and had been dropped a fair bit through the season.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter a fig what players are sold for, as the actual evidence is that NONE of any sale proceeds is reinvested in replacements capable of taking the club forward. Instead the headline figure, whatever it happens to be, just gets trousered quietly somewhere else, with mutterings about 'contribution to running costs' and 'the search goes on' or 'players are coming through...'

It all points to the systematic and deliberate downgrading of the club, in a pathetic but inevitable slide towards relative oblivion, overseen by a corrupt and complicit chair whose incompetence and compliance with the lines fed from upstairs is simply a convenient cover for the attack on our club. By the owners - as contemptible and disinterested bunch of wassocks as have ever been associated with a professional football club.

Forget how much Sammie Szmodics leaves us for - it is irrelevant. What is relevant is the fact that he will leave, and will not be replaced with anyone at a similar level or potential. The transfer fee is just window dressing - candyfloss for the gibbering fools who think a big number has anything to do with the club going forward.

People... we aren't 'going forward'.

If you disagree, do call me out - but you'd better have some rather solid evidence first, otherwise I'll just keep pointing to the FACTS.

GRIM REAPER VENKYS OUT!

• Like 7