BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

‘5 or 6 really good players to come in’… so when they don’t?

But of course a couple of 20 year old loanees who have never played a game at this level will count as two of those.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Theaxe15 said:

Remember seeing Batty at Stockport last summer and after all the hype about I was so disappointed. Looked like he had no idea where to be positionally or anything.

I have always been a firm supporter of Batty, but something has gone wrong there. He has reached the get rid stage, a shame but that is how football is.

9 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

He’d get in the team now the way things are unfolding…

Fear not we’ve got a £150k 27 year old Japanese striker who's never played for Japan and has had an ACL op boarding a plane. It's ok though because we're also trying to sign up a 37 year centre half and a lad who was released by Wigan!

Stuff of dreams 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

But of course a couple of 20 year old loanees who have never played a game at this level will count as two of those.

Those kind of  statements are careless from the manager. 

'Really good players' to me means players that are proven or better than the league you are in.  No chance any of that ilk arrive.

He's upped expectations based on that.

If they turn out to be a couple of league one frees, McFazdean,  Fleck  and a couple of kids from the continent, he loses any credibility he had. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Fear not we’ve got a £150k 27 year old Japanese striker who's never played for Japan and has had an ACL op boarding a plane. It's ok though because we're also trying to sign up a 37 year centre half and a lad who was released by Wigan!

Stuff of dreams 

The Japanese lad doesn't  seem able to find the boarding gate. 

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Those kind of  statements are careless from the manager. 

'Really good players' to me means players that are proven or better than the league you are in.  No chance any of that ilk arrive.

He's upped expectations based on that.

If they turn out to be a couple of league one frees, McFazdean,  Fleck  and a couple of kids from the continent, he loses any credibility he had. 

What happened to Fleck? Lots of talk about him resigning in june..?

9 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Stuff of dreams 

We truly are in a different reality for the club after competing in the upper echelons. Last night, against Morecambe, Rovers couldn’t even fill the subs bench, even with two reserve keepers there. There are matches going on today, but we seem to be in the bare bones. I expect some loans to come in to paper over the cracks but it’s our academy that is keeping us alive, for now, it seems.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, riverholmes said:

We truly are in a different reality for the club after competing in the upper echelons. Last night, against Morecambe, Rovers couldn’t even fill the subs bench, even with two reserve keepers there. There are matches going on today, but we seem to be in the bare bones. I expect some loans to come in to paper over the cracks but it’s our academy that is keeping us alive, for now, it seems.

The academy is the only thing keeping us alive. To think if swag/Venkys had their way it’d be a housing estate now. Truly frightening thought. 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

2 loans, Fadz, Fleck, Ohashi and one (for a fee) we couldn't get over the line at the last minute.

Relegation.

11 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Might cost us championship survival if we sell Sammie and he's our replacement 

"Semir left and we need a like for like with that. " JE

So this Japanese signing is a replacement for the dud we signed last year. Great.. low expectations then

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

In all fairness, that is because the first team, the U21s and the U18s all play today (so over 40 players in the starting 11s alone across 4 games in under 24 hours... and probably somewhere between 50 & 60 when we include those who get off the bench), and much more important to get everyone minutes than to fill the bench when not all would get on the pitch last night anyway 

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I still wouldn’t be completely shocked to see Scott Hogan come in. They’ve worked together before and he fits the bill of free non scoring centre forward 

I'd prefer Hulk Hogan!

• Like 1

I know it's all by the bye but how do the work permits work.  I understand it to be we can sign 4 players who otherwise don't qualify.  Once we are at the 4, if we signed someone who did qualify is that allowed? 

8 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

I know it's all by the bye but how do the work permits work.  I understand it to be we can sign 4 players who otherwise don't qualify.  Once we are at the 4, if we signed someone who did qualify is that allowed? 

Yes

Also in a years time, if any of the 4 play enough games to qualify, we can apply for a work permit and we have an extra slot available again

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Stuff of dreams 

This isn't 1992, there's no reason to be concerned about an ACL injury that a player had 5 years ago.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Former (if not for Steve & Co.) Rover Lewis O'Brien off to MLS on loan with a £5M option to buy

No 'what if they get relegated' issues in the MLS - he's taking no chances 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Stuff of dreams 

I’ve no idea how good or shit Humphrys is, but that’s like saying Rothwell was released by Rovers.

They wanted him to stop, he wouldn’t re-sign.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I’ve no idea how good or shit Humphrys is, but that’s like saying Rothwell was released by Rovers.

They wanted him to stop, he wouldn’t re-sign.

I’ll have a sportsman’s bet with you. Whether he wanted to stay or not he’ll be well below the quality needed. 

• Like 2