BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Good on the club for holding firm and it seems getting what they believe the player to be worth. We all expected him to go and seeing him come on and then start the other night shocked the majority of us. It was a huge risk playing him at all but against a second string Stockport side in the league cup. But he has used the chance to show exactly what he's about and what he is worth and fair balls to him for that. Hopefully we can bring a goal scorer and a keeper in and it will turn out to be a positive move for everyone including us. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, booth said:

On a different note, can anyone else remember Peterborough fans saying he's not that good?

What a bunch of absolute tits.

I remember the gobshite MacAnthony saying he's never worth 2.5 million.

Correct, he's worth closer to 10.

9 minutes ago, Polky said:

There’s a pic on Twitter of Waggott in the pub tonight, I wonder if he’s spending the Szmodics money already? 

How much is his tab?

link please

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Backroom

Shame Sammie’s gone, but I don’t begrudge him.

He’s reminded me that even in these awful Venky years, we’ve had some real cult heroes on our books (regardless of their true quality).

Now let’s hope the money can be spent. A goalkeeper and a left back being the priorities. Buy the best goalie we can afford and they will be worth their weight in saved points. Someone of De Lange’s quality or better would make me feel infinitely better about the coming season.

In the meantime, I think Ohashi may be a readymade replacement for Sammie, unless we have other irons in the fire.

• Like 2