BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

20 minutes ago, J*B said:

Can't be cashflow, Mani. The CEO of the club has confirmed there's no restrictions in investment from the owners. If short term cashflow is a problem they can subsidise it - like they always have until Nov 23 - right?  

Yeah, you’re absolutely right! Haha

The key to Waggotts ‘statements’ lie not with what he says but with what he doesn’t.

”I can confirm that the owners are fully committed to the club and have no impediment to funding it…”

Which cunningly leads the reader to believe all is well, but just because you have no impediment, doesn’t mean you will, and technically it’s ALL there money so in effect, the ARE funding the club.

He just thinks we’re all bloody stupid!

• Like 3

Belgian boss Philippe Clement is hoping to sell both Ianis Hagi and wantaway midfielder Todd Cantwell in the next few days, with the duo relegated to the B team in recent weeks. While Hagi has interest in his homeland of Romania with Rapid Bucharest, Cantwell is seemingly unwanted after fleeting interest from Trabzonspor was not firmed up - and Rangers could now look to terminate his contract, according to one pundit. Speaking to PLZ, former Hibs ace Tam McManus said “I think that one goes right down to the last day of the window. I have been in that situation myself where you are out of the picture - the closer you get to the end of the window you will get offered something to go or the player themselves will think 'do I really want to sit in the B team for six months? There is something available, I'll take it.' As that window gets closer I think you see players getting itchier to go and play, and clubs to get them off the books."

ALSO

Burnley are looking to hijack the move for Cantwell. Cantwell previously played under Parker at Bournemouth and is fan of the player. In addition to this Blackburn are skint and can’t afford a chippy tea never mind a £8m player. More on this as it develops. #twitterclarets

Edited by alexanders
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MB Rover said:

Put some ranges on it just because different sources quote different amounts and have add ons etc:

Adam Warton £18-22million 

Szmodics £9-11million

Phillips £2-3million

Gallagher £1.5-2.5million

Wahlstedt £1million

Kaminski £3-4million

Raya (I think) circa £4million?

Thats the big ones, add in nominal fees like £500k for Ennis, a couple of 100k for Gent, Telalovic etc and you’re well over that £41million mark.

Yeah but what about things like the power washing of the BBE last week, the grass seed needed for the relaying of the Ewood pitch and repairing the broken lifts in the BBE? None of those things are free you know!

• Like 4

We need a further 3-4 permanent signings that will improve the first X1. Anything less than that has to be judged as a massive failure.

The padding out of the squad by adding two or three young PL loanees can come after when the core permanent business has been done. Instead we do it the other way round, it's the same every year the majority of the business is a few random loans of anyone who's still available at the last minute in positions that aren't our priority whilst key areas remain unaddressed.

I think we can see which way this is heading by the long tortuous and no doubt ultimately unsuccessful pursuit of Dembele. Leaving aside the question of whether he's any good or not the fact "the money men" are baulking at a £1.5m fee is utterly ludicrous given the money bought in over the last 12 months or so.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, KentExile said:

Oh God, here we go again!

Surely, surely, high on the Recruitment Team's selection criteria is a player's track record of being fit and available for selection in 90% of a season's fixtures.

14 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Belgian boss Philippe Clement is hoping to sell both Ianis Hagi and wantaway midfielder Todd Cantwell in the next few days, with the duo relegated to the B team in recent weeks. While Hagi has interest in his homeland of Romania with Rapid Bucharest, Cantwell is seemingly unwanted after fleeting interest from Trabzonspor was not firmed up - and Rangers could now look to terminate his contract, according to one pundit. Speaking to PLZ, former Hibs ace Tam McManus said “I think that one goes right down to the last day of the window. I have been in that situation myself where you are out of the picture - the closer you get to the end of the window you will get offered something to go or the player themselves will think 'do I really want to sit in the B team for six months? There is something available, I'll take it.' As that window gets closer I think you see players getting itchier to go and play, and clubs to get them off the books."

ALSO

Burnley are looking to hijack the move for Cantwell. Cantwell previously played under Parker at Bournemouth and is fan of the player. In addition to this Blackburn are skint and can’t afford a chippy tea never mind a £8m player. More on this as it develops. #twitterclarets

We can probably discount instantly any player the parent clubs want to sell outright as we go round with the begging bowl hoping for loans or loans with an option to purchase we've no intention whatsoever of ultimately exercising.

Have seen some really intelligent and financially advanced posts by people on the club’s finances recently but what I want to know from someone (probably in or around the corporate finance world) is what this behaviour from Venkys suggests about the future - assuming very little is spent despite huge incomings this window? Would it suggest sale in near future?

Burnley saying we want PL football again, and their owners says no problem, anybody you want, we will make it happen.

Our useless dipshits, on the other hand, sees a good start, and pretends that we are good with the current squad. Fucking add some quality, and give it a right ol go. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Browjd said:

Have seen some really intelligent and financially advanced posts by people on the club’s finances recently but what I want to know from someone (probably in or around the corporate finance world) is what this behaviour from Venkys suggests about the future - assuming very little is spent despite huge incomings this window? Would it suggest sale in near future?

Trying to second guess the Chicken Chokers intentions is the sure road to madness.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Browjd said:

Not trying to single you out, but can we keep the financial discussions to the threads that exist for those topics? It can be frustrating to have the transfer window topic hijacked by endless Venky financial talk. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Burnley saying we want PL football again, and their owners says no problem, anybody you want, we will make it happen.

Our useless dipshits, on the other hand, sees a good start, and pretends that we are good with the current squad. Fucking add some quality, and give it a right ol go. 

I don't think Burnley are the best example, they may be spending a bit but their fans have been in absolute turmoil as they sell every player with a hint of interest. 

• Like 1