BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, Rover1984 said:

Nixon linking us to a RB which if true or not is not needed. Makes me think if the right player becomes available in any position I think we will go for it. 

We've quickly progressed to the stage of the transfer window where we try to pad the squad out with PL loanees.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Rover1984 said:

Nixon linking us to a RB which if true or not is not needed. Makes me think if the right player becomes available in any position I think we will go for it. 

Disagree. Brittain is shite.

Although as Exiled says it'll probably be a squad filler to pad out the squad rather than someone to start at RB.

2 hours ago, unleaded said:

Looks like if this Goali comes in it will end the Ryo Germain transfer as he takes up the last visa spot .. They were hoping to fill that role from UK Based players  but they all earn ridiculous amounts even for just sitting on benches……..Unless Siggy goes…..Deal Done with club & Player & visa form filled in …Think he would have been ideal as he holds the ball up & we don’t have anyone apart from Gueye …Mind Bugling ….

Your obsession with rovers signing a 29 year old Japanese striker nobody had ever heard of until we were linked in August is really bizarre! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Your obsession with rovers signing a 29 year old Japanese striker nobody had ever heard of until we were linked in August is really bizarre! 

Why? We absolutely need another striker. As someone has said Yuki isn't going to lead the line and Big Mac, even if he stays fit 100% of the season is going to fatigue. Then we're down to Vale, basically.

Germain is cheap, in good form and wants to come. We should have hit the button already.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Browjd said:

What’s Sutton going to say IF Cantwell signs for Rovers?!

Who cares, the lad is better than what we have right now, I still can’t see us paying his wages…

2 minutes ago, London blue said:

Why? We absolutely need another striker. As someone has said Yuki isn't going to lead the line and Big Mac, even if he stays fit 100% of the season is going to fatigue. Then we're down to Vale, basically.

Germain is cheap, in good form and wants to come. We should have hit the button already.

Just the obsession with this one player. I can’t keep up with this website we should sign a striker because he’s cheap and in good form but everyone is having a meltdown over signing a keeper that’s cheap and in from! Let’s be honest none of us know how any of these foreign signings will work out so it’s really not worth over analysing it. We need to address positions and if we do then judge when they’ve played. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

Who cares, the lad is better than what we have right now, I still can’t see us paying his wages…

If the player wants the move that bad he would be willing to drop his wage a bit. Plenty of clubs can pay that wage but at the moment we are his only choice

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Like any transfer then.

I'm merely saying that this is how we operate now. We've gone from signing as certain winners as you could find under Jack, to players with reasonable prospects, to signing virtually anyone to get the numbers in with a prayer that some might turn out OK.

So I won't be getting excited about anyone we get, I'll judge on results only. I'm not doing cartwheels about an Hungarian keeper I've never heard of, but, who knows? We might hit the jackpot--we must get something right sometimes.

There's money but no spend. we've left it as late as ever, we're in real trouble. But, one more window papering over the cracks is all we have. 

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Ashby would make no sense, we have Brittain at right back and Rankin Costello is best there yet keeps getting put in other positions and struggling.

Feels like we are desperately just trying to get any warm bodies in now.

On the other hand, Brittain is crap at defending and JRC is made of glass, so you could argue it's a sensible signing. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, unleaded said:

Looks like if this Goali comes in it will end the Ryo Germain transfer as he takes up the last visa spot .. They were hoping to fill that role from UK Based players  but they all earn ridiculous amounts even for just sitting on benches……..Unless Siggy goes…..Deal Done with club & Player & visa form filled in …Think he would have been ideal as he holds the ball up & we don’t have anyone apart from Gueye …Mind Bugling ….

21 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Completely disagree with you.

Think @unleadedis right.  From what I've seen with Ryo, would give us flexibility across the front line, naturally left footed, good in the air, can finish and can hold the ball up.  Just wtf is there not to like for a player who would cost relative buttons in fee and wages.  Madness to pass up on an opportunity like this.

As for your comment "nobody had ever heard of until we were linked in August", who had heard of either Gueye or Ohashi!?!?!?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Pears plays in goal, doesn't make him a GK.

Sigurdsson is far too slow to play out wide. He has all the attributes of a #10.

But he's not playing there, not for club OR country. He's a poor man's Diouf.