BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Rich Sharpe Column - Severing Ty’s…

The ex Rovers Telegraph reporter, penning an article on the court hearing, but the current one hasn’t bothered. Perhaps he believes that it doesn’t affect Rovers, as Waggott has stated, but at least we now know, there is definitely no impediment. 

2 hours ago, lraC said:

The ex Rovers Telegraph reporter, penning an article on the court hearing, but the current one hasn’t bothered. Perhaps he believes that it doesn’t affect Rovers, as Waggott has stated, but at least we now know, there is definitely no impediment. 

image.thumb.png.75e4b0636d10b0fea99ae0a6f6d3c76d.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lraC said:

He has now. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24534836.blackburns-financial-picture-venkys-court-case-delay/

So now he's using the 'guarantee' line not 'bond' but still saying it would cost them double, well it wouldn't in instant cash terms if it's a guarantee, so that's misinformation.

Also still pushing the owners funding bollocks instead of self funding.

Why is it so difficult to paint the true picture ?

37 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So now he's using the 'guarantee' line not 'bond' but still saying it would cost them double, well it wouldn't in instant cash terms if it's a guarantee, so that's misinformation.

Also still pushing the owners funding bollocks instead of self funding.

Why is it so difficult to paint the true picture ?

The key part of that is PERSONAL guarantee…this brings potential liability (& scrutiny?) into their personal domain. 
My experience in financial services for 40+ years was that asking directors for personal guarantees for corporate borrowing REALLY focused their minds…

If the court requires a bank guarantee - this would cost them money & would impact upon their bank facilities. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

The key part of that is PERSONAL guarantee…this brings potential liability (& scrutiny?) into their personal domain. 
My experience in financial services for 40+ years was that asking directors for personal guarantees for corporate borrowing REALLY focused their minds…

If the court requires a bank guarantee - this would cost them money & would impact upon their bank facilities. 

Where has personal guarantee come from?

The court documents describe it as an unconditional bank guarantee to be provided by the petitioner which is VHPL.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

But it's a bit different than the constant line that they chuck millions over here so then have to put millions in a separate account, therefore tying up ready cash.

Agree they won't like the personal guarantee bit as the way Rovers funding is set up seems to be purely down to the VH group part of their portfolio.

The ED should ask for a charge to be put on Pune Towers that'll get them focused !

Edited by tomphil

• Herbie6590 changed the title to The Rich Sharpe Column - I’m Getting Eusta This…
  • Herbie6590 unpinned this topic
  • Herbie6590 changed the title to The Rich Sharpe Column - FAO The Celebration Police
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic

I think any real football fan of the Claret persuasion, would also celebrate a point in those circumstances. If my memory serves me correctly, they did the same at Old Trafford last season.

This was definitely a point gained not two dropped and had the shoe been on the other foot, I would have been disappointed at only drawing, when one up inside 10 minutes, playing 10 men and having spent 10 times the amount that they had.

As RS has stated, celebrate away, as it was a thoroughly deserved point. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Dingle at work:

’I’m relieved we got a point. Everything was going our way but your lot wouldn’t let us make it count. In my book, that meant either it was a draw or you were going to whack it down the other end and knock it in.’

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

What’s Rich doing now? Has he left journalism? Reading these pieces reminds you that he was a bloody good Rovers reporter, especially as attracting folk into local media at all is bloody difficult in the modern era.

Even better now he isn’t constrained by the LET.

'Look at that lot, got a point at their hated local rivals with ten men, their team gave their all and they didn't cheer them off. If that was us Clarrots we'd have been cheering them all the way up Pendle Hill'

Would be the alternate view of the unwashed from the dark side had the Rovers fans applauded politely then gone home.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Herbie6590 changed the title to The Rich Sharpe Column - All Bite, No Spark
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Herbie6590 changed the title to The Rich Sharpe Column - Where We’re At…