BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 2/3/24

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Eustace sounds  about as inspiring as a wet lettuce. If ever a team reflected its manager there it is

He needs to start throwing some tea cups around the dressing room

Where's the anger and the passion? 

That’s a really poor interview.

• Like 1

Im very concerned we've had no new manager bounce at all. Not a single win under his belt yet. That was our only chance of survival getting that new manager bounce.

Millwall have had a brilliant new manager bounce and they will probably beat us on Tuesday. I certainly don't see us beating them.

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What would you tell the customer if you'd (wrongly) accepted the blame for something, put measures in place to stop it then your CEO had deliberately sabotaged it again a year later?

He's in a no-win situation here, short of accepting a job at a new club.

Oh I agree - I don’t think GB is either to blame or ultimately responsible.

I expect Waggott to coming out and explain exactly what happened.

GB took the bullet last time, even thought it was clear that the fault wasn’t his.

It’d be unfair for him to take the blame a second time.

The longer the silence, the more likely it is that something sinister went on.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

disappointed result. 

the next 2 home games are must wins and we need 6 points from them. 

I would make a few changes for Tuesday game at home to Millwall

Does anyone have any belief we will get 6 points in the next 2 games? We've barely won for months. 

We're in miracle territory now given our form. 

Edited by rovers11
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Does anyone have any belief we will get 6 points in the next 2 games? We've barely won for months. 

We're in miracle territory now given our form. 

I have no expectation that we'll get even one point if I'm honest.

3 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Im very concerned we've had no new manager bounce at all. Not a single win under his belt yet. That was our only chance of survival getting that new manager bounce.

Millwall have had a brilliant new manager bounce and they will probably beat us on Tuesday. I certainly don't see us beating them.

Hopefully the gravity of the situation may actually sink in a few thick heads, we've been playing as if we were safe for weeks now. Tomasson's smartarsery hasn't helped one bit. 

I'm thinking we could well see a reaction on Tuesday,one look at the table should be all it needs. We really do need Tronstad back ASAP. 

• Downvote 2

Shocking first-half again. Feel sorry for Szmodics. Most of the team just cant cope with any pressure to win matches.

Too many mentally-weak players but Moran needs to go into the under-23s or under-18s.

If we have to play him every game then sub him on in the 95th minute,or preferably later. 

• Like 3

Millwall is an absolute must-win. I have 0 faith in this team to grind it out on Tuesday and I'm struggling to see us stringing together enough points to avoid relegation atm.

They looked fearless against Newcastle on Tuesday, under the lights and on prime time TV. They need to be laying it on the line even harder than that in the league but they just don't look up for the battle. Heads down too easily.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, superniko said:

Still not a peep out of Greg and co. about how they managed to fuck up a 3rd transfer window either. 
They’re stealing a living. The whole upper management needs gutting. 

25 minutes ago, Andy said:

I find this disgusting tbh. They expect us to just forget it happened and hope it’ll be brushed under the carpet.

Literally nothing in terms of explanation or accountability.

I manage quite a large team in my day job and the absolute basic level of courtesy or customer service I instill, when something goes wrong, is hands up, transparency and a full explanation (as well as what we’re doing to prevent it from happening again).

The club is rotten.

FYI, Jackson reported that GB said he'll do a post-transfer window interview during the international break, saying that he wanted to give Eustace some space before addressing it. (Not endorsing that btw, just saying FYI!)

I really can't imagine how he'll try to spin it... if rumours are to be believed that GB's ultimately heading off (I've had a soft spot for GB's seeming competence, but I can't give a fuck anymore either way), it should be SW in the firing line, but he'll probably hide as long as he can. Might as well let GB take another bullet on his way out...

Whatever the format of the interview, I only wish they'll be asked point blank 1) did A. Wharton push to be sold, 2) did we have to make that sale due to Venky's apparent inability to fund the club (and, as a follow-on if they claim FFP, run us through exactly how close we would have been to breaching FFP given budget cuts and also selling the likes of Kaminski and Phillips...)

They may insist Wharton wanted to leave, it wasn't due to Venky's inability pump in more cash, FFP, blah blah blah, but might as well get them on record as lying (will at least get a partial answer to the latter when the accounts come out over a year from now...)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Oh I agree - I don’t think GB is either to blame or ultimately responsible.

I expect Waggott to coming out and explain exactly what happened.

GB took the bullet last time, even thought it was clear that the fault wasn’t his.

It’d be unfair for him to take the blame a second time.

The longer the silence, the more likely it is that something sinister went on.

Why in the name of heaven is it not GB's fault? He is Director of Football and accountable as such.

At the very least even if he was not directly responsible for the transfers that fell through, if there was dodgy dealing afoot he has simply gone along with it and been instrumental  in covering it up.

Another leech sucking the Club dry.

• Downvote 1

His ‘no excuses’ line didn’t last very long. Knew that would come back to bite him when he said it. He isn’t up to it - 0 wins in 6?

Really really poor first half. Second half better but damage was done.

Imagine this season without Szmodics? Good grief.

Edited by Trinidad Rover

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why in the name of heaven is it not GB's fault? He is Director of Football and accountable as such.

At the very least even if he was not directly responsible for the transfers that fell through, if there was dodgy dealing afoot he has simply gone along with it and been instrumental  in covering it up.

Another leech sucking the Club dry.

Agreed, whilst I don’t think he’s as big a tosser as Waggott, that isn’t really saying much.

Broughton has been learning on the job which, added to the ongoing cost cutting, was never going to end well.

Paul Senior MK II.

• Like 1

As regards matters on the pitch, I'm not really having it's all Eustace's fault, the rot had set in well before he arrived and there's every chance if JDt was still here we'd have even less points than we do now.

We only have ourselves to blame. Everyone knew at the start of the season heading into the campaign with one of the worst players ever to pull on the blue and white shirt ( Gallagher )as our main striker was suicidal, worse still we could have offloaded him for money in January and brought in a permanent replacement at nil net cost but turned down the opportunity.

We (The Club) deserve everything we're about to get. We (The fans do not)

• Like 4

Not good enough yet again. Pathetic, limp performance and you would not fancy us to show the character or quality to survive now.

The main issue (in terms of on the pitch) is just the conveyor belt of players that arent good enough that keep featuring. Moran, Ayari, Sigurdsson, Markanday etc, some may have shown glimmers against Newcastle but they arent up to it and one performance cant hide that. This is down to the owners, the budget cuts will always lead to these struggles.

Its a poor squad but not a 2 win in 17 at this level squad. Tomasson's stubbornness in playing an ill suited style wasnt helping. Hes gone but Eustace has stunk the place out in these early days, 3 points from 5 is shocking and he just does not come across as a leader youd want to play for.

I keep hearing how Eustace has at least sorted out the defence out and gone back to basics. Doesnt look that secure to me and ive no idea what the intention is going forward but ive never seen such a lack of coordination in our final third.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not good enough yet again. Pathetic, limp performance and you would not fancy us to show the character or quality to survive now.

The main issue (in terms of on the pitch) is just the conveyor belt of players that arent good enough that keep featuring. Moran, Ayari, Sigurdsson, Markanday etc, some may have shown glimmers against Newcastle but they arent up to it and one performance cant hide that. This is down to the owners, the budget cuts will always lead to these struggles.

Its a poor squad but not a 2 win in 17 at this level squad. Tomasson's stubbornness in playing an ill suited style wasnt helping. Hes gone but Eustace has stunk the place out in these early days, 3 points from 5 is shocking and he just does not come across as a leader youd want to play for.

I keep hearing how Eustace has at least sorted out the defence out and gone back to basics. Doesnt look that secure to me and ive no idea what the intention is going forward but ive never seen such a lack of coordination in our final third.

Spot on.

Eustace out for me, don't come in with the chat of a no excuses culture and then bang out a few excuses.

Edited by RoversClitheroe

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

As regards matters on the pitch, I'm not really having it's all Eustace's fault, the rot had set in well before he arrived and there's every chance if JDt was still here we'd have even less points than we do now.

We only have ourselves to blame. Everyone knew at the start of the season heading into the campaign with one of the worst players ever to pull on the blue and white shirt ( Gallagher )as our main striker was suicidal, worse still we could have offloaded him for money in January and brought in a permanent replacement at nil net cost but turned down the opportunity.

We (The Club) deserve everything we're about to get. We (The fans do not)

I know he was poor today but we had to carry on with him clearly not fit due to lack of alternatives. But your agenda towards Gallagher is bizarre.

He is bang average, but there are at least 10 players in this squad alone that are worse, he clearly isnt one of the worst players to have ever pulled on the shirt. The owners that again seem to have been swerved in terms of blame have cut the budget to the extent that Gallagher is actually quite useful compared to some of the players weve had to beg steal and borrow for.