BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

14 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

Just been reading the FAQs about 24/25 season tickets on the Rovers web site. 

One of the FAQs states that a ST entitles you to attend all regular men's first team matches at Ewood, but not under 21s matches.

I seem to remember that reserve/under 21 matches were always included in the past. Has that just changed for next season -  anyone know?

I noticed that the other week. They sneaked it in without telling anybody which is about par for the course down there. The only thing I can think of is that if the new loyalty points system will include under 21 games and at Leyland there is no recording electronically so tickets would have to be bought in advance by season ticket holders. And occasionally some of the games are played the Academy. That's me having a wild guess though but once again the lack of communication is appalling.

54 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I noticed that the other week. They sneaked it in without telling anybody which is about par for the course down there. The only thing I can think of is that if the new loyalty points system will include under 21 games and at Leyland there is no recording electronically so tickets would have to be bought in advance by season ticket holders. And occasionally some of the games are played the Academy. That's me having a wild guess though but once again the lack of communication is appalling.

So if you regularly attend the under 21s it is effectively a price increase over the whole season despite a lower ST price. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

So if you regularly attend the under 21s it is effectively a price increase over the whole season despite a lower ST price. 

That is how it appears. The £30 early bird saving will be swallowed up by watching Rovers under 21's.

I have emailed Waggott for an explanation for something which on the face of it seems underhanded. The new clause in the t&c's reads:

A 2024/25 Season Ticket entitles you admission to all regular Men's first-team Championship League matches played at Ewood Park throughout the 2024/25 season.

This does not include any of our Under 21's or Women's first-team matches, any Men's first-team friendlies, cup competitions or play-off matches.

Edited by arbitro

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

That is how it appears. The £30 early bird saving will be swallowed up by watching Rovers under 21's.

I have emailed Waggott for an explanation for something which on the face of it seems underhanded. The new clause in the t&c's reads:

A 2024/25 Season Ticket entitles you admission to all regular Men's first-team Championship League matches played at Ewood Park throughout the 2024/25 season.

This does not include any of our Under 21's or Women's first-team matches, any Men's first-team friendlies, cup competitions or play-off matches.

does that mean just the games played at Ewood, or does it include games played at Leyland.

2 hours ago, rigger said:

does that mean just the games played at Ewood, or does it include games played at Leyland.

I don't know because it's so ambiguous. I have written to Waggott asking him why this has changed.

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 8,854 (+49)

Notes:

• The estimate is based upon the total number of saleable seats to home supporters (18,189), minus the amount of "blocked out" seats and available (sold) seats.
  • (+xx) represents the difference in season ticket sales from the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 588 seats are marked as unavailable (sold), but are not saleable due to being cordoned-off or reserved for those requiring front row access. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • Like 3

Why are there only 18,189 "saleable" seats to home supporters? That shows a distinct lack of long term ambition in itself.

Anyhow challenge to the Club,  keep Szmodics and spend at least £1m on a player and I'll renew my lapsed ST despite my loathing of the CEO.

In the absence of the above I'll assume that there is still no desire whatsoever to succeed on the pitch, another grim battle against relegation will ensue and I'll keep my money in my pocket.

• Like 1

Blackburn End lower, Riverside and JW without the corporate seats and the netted off end block in the lower makes up the 18,189, which is fair enough as there’s certainly no point opening up more stands when we just about scrape 9,000 ST sales.

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 8,857 (+3)

Notes:

• The estimate is based upon the total number of saleable seats to home supporters (18,189), minus the amount of "blocked out" seats and available (sold) seats.
  • (+xx) represents the difference in season ticket sales from the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 588 seats are marked as unavailable (sold), but are not saleable due to being cordoned-off or reserved for those requiring front row access. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • Like 2

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/july/08/memberships-available-for-2024-25-/

Does 1875 even give you priority to away tickets for this upcoming season? Can't see it on the benefits list. Or is it just the loyalty points? I've never had it before and completely disagree with the idea if I'm honest, but it had crossed my mind given how stressful it was getting tickets for Burnley away last time.

2 minutes ago, frosty said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/july/08/memberships-available-for-2024-25-/

Does 1875 even give you priority to away tickets for this upcoming season? Can't see it on the benefits list. Or is it just the loyalty points? I've never had it before and completely disagree with the idea if I'm honest, but it had crossed my mind given how stressful it was getting tickets for Burnley away last time.

I think, it is all about loyalty points for the away tickets.

• Like 1

Just adds 25 points to your loyalty total.

Not sure there is much more benefits unless you really want that 15% off non macron products in the club shop!

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Just adds 25 points to your loyalty total.

Not sure there is much more benefits unless you really want that 15% off non macron products in the club shop!

And it appears the basic membership package get you the same number of loyalty points as the premium one.

Every. Single. Summer.

Season tickets released late, on sale for a good while with the vast majority of those that will sign up already done so, then they come out with a membership scheme towards the very back end expecting people to cough up even more.

I would ask why it is beyond their capabilities to just announce the membership schemes at the same time as season tickets, thereby giving people full information in one go to make an informed decision knowing what they are getting and so they can pay for it all at once.

Instead we get people signing up for season tickets then finding out later that they will need to pay even  more on top at a later stage to get other benefits not provided for under a season ticket.

But I know the reason why, they are so inept and poorly organised that they're just making it up from one week to the next. I really think that Waggott just hatches these membership scheme ideas as a way to rake in a few grand to see him through the barren summer months.

I was furious last time around when they used the Burnley away game as an opportunity to extract more cash from fans with the membership requirement and had zero intention of getting one last season until we drew Harrogate in the cup and knew I needed one. This time around it looks like the price has increased again to £20 for ST holders, having been £10 in 2022 and £15 last year yet the benefits are even less, as you no longer get priority on away tickets (a good development) just some extra loyalty points.

50 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

The ‘news’ that Rovers will charge ST holders to watch the u21’s is not true.  The policy that ST holders enter free of charge will continue.

is this true of games at both Ewood and Leyland ?

1 hour ago, Mike Graham said:

The ‘news’ that Rovers will charge ST holders to watch the u21’s is not true.  The policy that ST holders enter free of charge will continue.

I got the following back after querying it. The t&c's for 24/25 season tickets clearly states that the season ticket doesn't include under 21 games. It seems to me that someone has been updated the t&c's and changed it without any consultation. 

Tony,

I hope you are well – Steve has asked me to come back to you on your query.

The terms and conditions shouldn’t have changed from previous years and I will work to get them reverted as soon as possible. We are still awaiting confirmation on this position from the host venue but we are very much hoping to be able to welcome season ticket holders to U21s league fixtures free of charge for this coming season.

I apologise if this has caused distress and thanks for raising it,

Fraser

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I got the following back after querying it. The t&c's for 24/25 season tickets clearly states that the season ticket doesn't include under 21 games. It seems to me that someone has been updated the t&c's and changed it without any consultation. 

Tony,

The terms and conditions shouldn’t have changed from previous years and I will work to get them reverted as soon as possible. We are still awaiting confirmation on this position from the host venue but we are very much hoping to be able to welcome season ticket holders to U21s league fixtures free of charge for this coming season.

Fraser

Does that mean, they are looking into it.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Tony,

Fraser

fist bit in bold - shouldn’t the agreement we have with the host venue have stated free entry to season ticket holders?

second bit in bold - setting the ground work for ‘we tried but…’?

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

fist bit in bold - shouldn’t the agreement we have with the host venue have stated free entry to season ticket holders?

second bit in bold - setting the ground work for ‘we tried but…’?

The first bit indicates to me that they haven't yet agreed a venue for under 21 home games. I know that the County Ground at Leyland was costing £2k per game and that was a few years ago. Once again I suspect it's to drive down costs but there is a shortage of grounds locally whose facilities are suitable. The email is contradictory and I keep my eyes on the terms and conditions to see if that part of it is changed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Graham said:

This was never 'news' as you have put it, people were merely asking the question as it wasn't made clear in the terms and conditions.

• Like 1

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 8,883 (+26)

Notes:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

551 since the price hike ?

50 per day ?

No. When Rovers announced 8,500 season tickets had been sold on 27th June, my estimate was 172 above that. So my estimate today of 8,883 minus the estimate of 8,672 on the 27th June, suggests that 211 season tickets have been sold, so far, during Phase 2. That's an average of 18 sales per day to the nearest integer.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 1

The Blackburn End looks sparser than ever. Even no1 is pretty empty compared to usual. Suggests perhaps more in the Jack Walker?

18 daily sales in phase 2 is a complete failure. The cynic tells me we needed the cash flow early to keep going, explaining the inexplicable price hikes and lack of time/paydays to really see the benefits of a price reduction. 

• Like 1