BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds United (a) - 13/04/2024

Brilliant that. The perfect reaction. Great to see Carter back, he makes a big difference and for me is our best defender. I was very nervous when McFadzean came on but he was excellent today. JRC MOTM.

You’d have to say that Eustace executed the perfect game plan today. With no excuses around P&S/FFP this summer we should be in a position to build a proper squad again based around things other than just “the numbers”. Obviously the cashflow and court case issues will be the biggest factor though unfortunately.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Probably mentioned earlier but we are the first away team to win at Elland Road this season.

👊

Just makes me wonder why we bottled it so badly midweek when we've generally been much more resolute under Eustace. Hopefully it was just a bad day at the office and we'll just keep on picking up points now without anymore horrorshows

• Like 1

One thing is sure:

Our Rovers are capable of playing some excellent footie on occasion. As the results at Sund, S’oton & Leeds attest, all great performances. 

Now, the record at Ewood, I have no explanation for that. 

Great win today! What's your thoughts about Hyam today? I was watching on a very small screen, and can't really tell, but was he there? Did he play well, and did he deliver a proper reaction to last game disaster?

One of those games where all that effort did not come undone and lose points. Scoring a late winner which is very rare for us as of late to take all 3 points is refreshing. Avoid defeat against  wednesday and that should be enough

35 minutes ago, doctorryan said:

The sad thing is if JDT had been willing to apply this type of setup & game plan on occasion (depending on various circumstances) instead of always going "Banzai!" we might be worried about top 6 & not this crap we're dealing with.

Whose fault is that ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he is`nt,he`s a yes man employed by swag to keep silent and keep us winning a few games every so often,his team in august will be worse than now,cos there will be no one left of any quality,sorry to appear downbeat,but thats rovers in the swag/venky era,completely bereft of any ambition

Harsh.

So far as far as I can see thus far  he's done the job he needed to do I.e. reduce the amount of goals being conceded and keep us up. And all he has generally had since arriving has been dog's abuse primarily because he isn't JDT.

Am I absolutely convinced he's the right man going forward? Not yet but the time to judge him is fifteen games into next season. Hopefully his team will have a much better feel for the Transfer market than that twerp Broughton as well.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

To be fair to Leeds they did a good deed today.

They went into Leeds city centre, found 2 down and outs bin dipping and gave them an afternoon out at the football.

They didn't have time to arrange a shave and clean up but its the thought that counts.

Screenshot_20240413-194053 (1).png

Was that picture taken after SS scored?

They look devastated!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

They went into Leeds city centre, found 2 down and outs bin dipping and gave them an afternoon out at the football.

They didn't have time to arrange a shave and clean up but its the thought that counts.

swag to the indian bloke "that small fellow up front for those in the blue and white should fetch some money in the summer,same as the big lad at the back,thankfully iv`e got a puppet managing the team so he won`t complain,not like the other fellow,what a nightmare he was, i got him a new coach and all he did was slag me off"

16 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I wish , I was the jackal , I wouldn't have missed...Either of  them !

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 1

There's nothing in this league other than mentality. The difference in quality is negligible, it's just having the right manager with the right philosophy for the right players. Plymouth at Ewood looked a far better team than Leeds. It could have been a very different season for us if their mentality/attitude was better. 

• Like 3