BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 04/05/2024 - Will We Stay Or Will We Go?

5 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Question for the Mods..

Is there anyway we members can contribute to giving Sammie a Trophy or something similar for his special effort on behalf of BRFCS.COM?

He’ll likely win the most MOTM votes, therefore win the BRFCS Player of the Season. If that happens, usually we contact the club and let them know, ask for the players favourite charity and make a donation on behalf of BRFCS members to said charity. 

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I’ve been on a cricket field all afternoon. Couldn’t stand the strain. What a relef. Well done Sammie Szmodics

Similar Jim, I spent the last hour of the game wandering aimlessly around Roe Lee Park with the dog. I'm sure it gets worse as you get older, don't remember even '95 being quite as bad as this

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

He’ll likely win the most MOTM votes, therefore win the BRFCS Player of the Season. If that happens, usually we contact the club and let them know, ask for the players favourite charity and make a donation on behalf of BRFCS members to said charity. 

Thank you.

Would be great to see him presented with a trophy from BRFCS members too....a really special player this Season.

• Like 1

Fantastic result today and a relief to not end a dismal season in relegation.

Leicester played into our hands, they didnt look arsed at all and our tactics were very much sit in the 18 yard box and thump it away whenever possible, Szmodics again the man to break away twice and save us as he has done all season.

Some of the individual performances were excellent in defence. Pickering potentially man of the match, Carter had another slip up but otherwise was good as was McFadzean, Pears also made a superb save and managed to avoid chucking one in. 

Fair play to Eustace today, to win today and at Leeds were 2 fantastic backs to the wall results. Still dont think he is the man to take us forward as you cant just rely on sitting really deep without an attacking plan but he deserves credit today. It will be him in charge so the whole squad needs gutting, difficult with likely a minimal budget, we have to keep Szmodics and we need to totally change our approach. Its all well and good getting an occasional brilliant result as an underdog, but we need to have a plan to attack rather than the rugby tactics. Winning home games has to be the base of any success and Eustace hasnt won a single one.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Think it’s best for all parties if he does go, his direct employer were in a relegation battle while he was doing so and he’s now celebrating Ipswich’s promotion, hoisted on the shoulders of their supporters. Not really captain material, for me.

What's he supposed to do stand on the sidelines looking sad?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

We didn’t mention it at the time - but this feels like the moment to, when Tony’s diagnosis was announced we sent him a card, some blue and white flowers and his favourite chocolates on behalf of BRFCS members…

IMG_6122.jpeg

IMG_6121.jpeg

IMG_6123.jpeg

IMG_6311.jpeg

Cracking work JB and team!

Enjoy the BRFCS silly season over the summer window!

27 minutes ago, DE. said:

That's ridiculous. Really does suggest there were a lot of teams in the middle of the table on the proverbial beach, cheating their fans out of a proper performance on the final day of the season. Not that I care right now. 

I feel for the Hull fans - that's a loooooooong drive home for such an abject performance. 

10 minutes ago, J*B said:

We didn’t mention it at the time - but this feels like the moment to, when Tony’s diagnosis was announced we sent him a card, some blue and white flowers and his favourite chocolates on behalf of BRFCS members…

IMG_6122.jpeg

IMG_6121.jpeg

IMG_6123.jpeg

IMG_6311.jpeg

Really classy touch. Fair play to all involved. 

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Fantastic result today and a relief to not end a dismal season in relegation.

Leicester played into our hands, they didnt look arsed at all and our tactics were very much sit in the 18 yard box and thump it away whenever possible, Szmodics again the man to break away twice and save us as he has done all season.

Some of the individual performances were excellent in defence. Pickering potentially man of the match, Carter had another slip up but otherwise was good as was McFadzean, Pears also made a superb save and managed to avoid chucking one in. 

Fair play to Eustace today, to win today and at Leeds were 2 fantastic backs to the wall results. Still dont think he is the man to take us forward as you cant just rely on sitting really deep without an attacking plan but he deserves credit today. It will be him in charge so the whole squad needs gutting, difficult with likely a minimal budget, we have to keep Szmodics and we need to totally change our approach. Its all well and good getting an occasional brilliant result as an underdog, but we need to have a plan to attack rather than the rugby tactics. Winning home games has to be the base of any success and Eustace hasnt won a single one.

I’m not Pickering’s biggest fan but I thought he was really excellent today playing as a left sided centre back. It could be that’s his best position. His lack of real pace isn’t shown up as much there and he’s facing the play more than at left back.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 6

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m not Pickering’s biggest fan but I thought he was really excellent today playing as a left sided centre back. It could be that’s his best position. His lack of real pace isn’t sown up as much there and he’s facing the play more than at left back.

I think at left back he is good too, he reads the game well to more often than not offset his lack of pace. Wing back though is a different story, cant play that role.

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s a 16 a side game now not 11 a side. Not having adequate subs to bring on has got us on the brink of relegation.

That and not having a Championship standard GK and CF on the books. 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, J*B said:

IMG_6122.jpeg

IMG_6121.jpeg

IMG_6123.jpeg

IMG_6311.jpeg

Love that you did this, well done. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, superniko said:

Fair fucks to Waggott. That bus does look swanky. Purple lights and everything. 

IMG_4681.jpeg

Well, nobody who’s earned that trophy before has earned it more than Sammi That was a prodigious effort. He’d no right to score that first goal - the defenders were favourites - but he did !

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, waynerovers said:

The below stats show he's done a great job

This season

Win/draw/loss
JDT 10/3/17
JE 4/8/5

goals conceded per game
JDT 1.9
JE 1.1

goals scored per game 
JDT 1.45
JE 1.05

He took a team that had the worst form and defence in the league, only lost 5 of his 17 games, plugged the leaky defence and made us hard to beat, had bristol not put 5 past us we'd have conceded less than a goal a game under Eustace. He's done his job in keeping us up so he now deserves full backing from fans and the board to kick on with a clean slate next season. It hasn't been pretty, but pretty football was sending us down to league one.

I’ve not liked the football or some of the tactics but John Eustace has achieved what he was brought in to do. He starts with a clean slate from me, Swag and the incompetents certainly do not !

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, levi said:

What's he supposed to do stand on the sidelines looking sad?

You can enjoy yourself without it being gratuitous. I don’t think he’s captain material, this is the most recent in a long line of events. Do you disagree?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I’ve not liked the football or some of the tactics but John Eustace has achieved what he was brought in to do. He starts with a clean slate from me, Swag and the incompetents certainly do not !

That’s how I feel. It’s been a real season to forget for all sorts of reasons. I think the guy deserves a chance. He kept his nerve today in a massive pressure match. Especially in the second half when we were staring into the abyss given every other result was going against us.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

we will see more of attacking plan next season which in pre season he can get to work with the players he wants to keep and the signings he wants. 

The last 3 months was what Eustace said it was post match interview today