BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

Posted (edited)

Is it time for the old  “ Private Eye “ joke again ? The England plane is on the tarmac, the players are coming down the steps, the pilot says ‘ Shall I leave the engines running lads ? “

Poor game, walking football again. It was crying out for Wharton to unlock their defence. Stones was poor on the goal, as was the keeper. Foden can’t run the show at international level. He’s waiting for things to happen, you’ve got to be a ball magnet in that position. All the wingers we had out there just kept coming inside and running into heavy traffic.

Southgate out.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i was  going to put a big wedge of cash of england to win the euros,must be divine intervention because im`e not touching them now😀,i know it`s only a friendly but this guy southgate just can`t get a consistent tune out of class players

Ca'nt believe Southgate did'nt bring Wharton on when England went a goal down, his passing is capable of opening up defences. It's only a friendly, but we need to get things right before the Euros.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i was  going to put a big wedge of cash of england to win the euros,must be divine intervention because im`e not touching them now😀,i know it`s only a friendly but this guy southgate just can`t get a consistent tune out of class players

Hard to disagree. One thing I will say though, I can’t see any manager winning the euros with that defence.

8 hours ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Hard to disagree. One thing I will say though, I can’t see any manager winning the euros with that defence.

Tbf ghuei was very good last night.  Its mainoo leaving huge holes not tracking back. Rice can't do the job of two players.  Wharton would work alongside rice really well imo

• Like 1

England were shit in the two friendlies before the last euros.  I still believe a semi final place will be the minimum.  We still have Bellingham to come back. He makes a huge difference.  Shaw should be back soon. These games are worthless training exercises.  The players clearly don't want to pick up an injury 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, roverandout said:

England were shit in the two friendlies before the last euros.  I still believe a semi final place will be the minimum.  We still have Bellingham to come back. He makes a huge difference.  Shaw should be back soon. These games are worthless training exercises.  The players clearly don't want to pick up an injury 

I’m not Shaw’s biggest fan, and that was before he got injured. What’s it coming to when we only have  one left back worthy of selection ? Graham Le Saux would walk into this team, even Steven Warnock would.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Gomez did a decent job for Liverpool at left back for a good part of the second half of the season, I'd be tempted to start him and introduce Shaw slowly in the groups 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m not Shaw’s biggest fan, and that was before he got injured. What’s it coming to when we only have  one left back worthy of selection ? Graham Le Saux would walk into this team, even Steven Warnock would.

Chilwell.  Lewis hall was immense for Newcastle the last couple of months.  Shaw is a very good fullback.  It's just his injury record

Portugal are the dark horses for me.

I watched England for the first time in ages last night. Crikey,  that was a dull watch. I think I saw someone earlier refer to it as 'walking football', which is exactly what it was.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we should win the trophy with the personel we`ve got,i don`t have any faith in the manager tbh,very risk averse and found wanting tactically when it`s not going right

Southgate’s the “ added degree of difficulty “ in the set up. Tony Mowbray’s love child.

• Like 1

Yesterdays game was shocking although obviously you cant read too much into friendlies.

But the issues we have are more prevalent against teams of a reasonable calibre, not 2 teams that couldnt even qualify in the extended current format of the Euros.

The defence is a bomb scare. Trippier at left back is a liability, he is starting to look his age after an injury and some poor form in the last few months even in his natural position. Its all well and good saying Shaw is good when fit, he wont be fit throughout the Euros, hes been out for 4 months so he wont be able to get up to speed. Any half decent right winger will have a field day.

Stones is seen as a given in terms of his quality but again hes barely played in months and isnt fit enough, plus picked up a knock last night. Next to him we have Guehi, again, not played in months.

You cant carry 3 quarters of a defence carrying fitness issues.

No one is any wiser as to who will play next to Rice. Looking at the squad numbers, that may be Trent who is a very good player but is a right back. Wharton has been given number 25 which might be meaningless but I dont think he will play much if at all, and as much as he possibly is our best hope, he has only played less than 20 Premier League games. Im not convinced by Mainoo who leaves big spaces as does the very limited Gallagher.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we should win the trophy with the personel we`ve got,i don`t have any faith in the manager tbh,very risk averse and found wanting tactically when it`s not going right

Im not sure we should considering the defensive issues. Southgate is not a good manager but I think our defensive problems are the biggest concern.

3 hours ago, roverandout said:

Chilwell.  Lewis hall was immense for Newcastle the last couple of months.  Shaw is a very good fullback.  It's just his injury record

Chilwell is rubbish and Hall is a kid who has barely ever played so even mentioning him is premature. However good Shaw is, Euro 2024 Shaw wont be anywhere near those levels.

• Like 1