BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Amazing what happens when you actually shoot. Our reactive manager as usual bailed out by dismal opposition who can't even do basic closing down. 

Just attack ffs. Go for it. This swiss team are bang average, we don't need to sit back and fear them. 

very much a posh mowbray is gareth,terrified of the opposition rather than making them terrified of us

• Like 1

• Backroom

One thing I will say, I'd that if we do go through I won't say it's undeserved. That would imply Switzerland deserve to go through, and they definitely don't. Slovakia were far more of a threat than the Swiss have been today. 

• Backroom

Scoring with our only shot on target yet again. That old saying about it being better to be a lucky manager than a good one should have a picture of Gareth next to it. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, TheWeasel said:

This Euro's as a whole has absolutely pummelled my enthusiasm for football. So boring.

Yeah it's been depressing tbh. Spain and Germany the only teams to really show up and they unfortunately (from a neutral perspective) met each other in the quarters. Could possibly put Austria and Georgia in that bracket as well, but both still went out in the last 16. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Lots of us are crying out for Wharton because we know he would make such a difference. Not one so called expert pundit or commentator has mentioned him. It just shows how ignorant they are. 

Edited by Ianrally
  • Like 2

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Darrenbot said:

Turkey v Georgia in the groups was a great game but most of the knockout games have been drab affairs

Weird because normally the group games tend to be a bit dull and the knockouts are where the tournament gets going. This time around the groups were alright, but the knockouts have either been predictable results or teams simply trying not to lose. Austria/Turkey and Spain/Germany the two exceptions.

Have the commentators and pundits been instructed to keep telling us how much massively better England are in this match in spite of the very toothless reality or am I just a conspiracy theorist?

• Like 3

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, AspRover said:

Have the commentators and pundits been instructed to keep telling us how much massively better England are in this match in spite of the very toothless reality or am I just a conspiracy theorist?

Definitely been a big shift in tone. Feels like they've been told by the higher ups to stop being negative and get behind the lads ffs. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Definitely been a big shift in tone. Feels like they've been told by the higher ups to stop being negative and get behind the lads ffs. 

They want to give viewers a reason to watch the games

7 minutes ago, DE. said:

England having a right good go.