BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

• Backroom

Might be the first England penalty shoot out where I have zero nerves. If we go through then fine, if we don't then never mind. We won't be missed. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Might be the first England penalty shoot out where I have zero nerves. If we go through then fine, if we don't then never mind. We won't be missed. 

Same here.we've struggled against Slovakia and Switzerland.France or Spain will wipe the floor with us if we got to the final.

9 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Same here.we've struggled against Slovakia and Switzerland.France or Spain will wipe the floor with us if we got to the final.

France have been as anti-football as we have

• Like 4

The best set of England penalties I’ve ever seen - Southgate had them well drilled.

Superb stuff, the result is all that matters. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Fantastic penalties tbh. Made it look easy.

No sympathy for the Swiss. We were there for the taking and they didn't bring it. They can't complain about going out. They'll never have a better chance to get to a semi final, but they just can't move past being a tournament filler team. 

We stumble on. Portugal 2016 vibes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

France have been as anti-football as we have

They have a manager and players that has won in the past,we have a record of failure when it matters

A very good set of penalty kicks.

A coat of paint saved us and probably Southgate, let's not forget that.

We were better today but still unbalanced until Palmer and Shaw came on.

The Swiss did have more of the 2nd half, extra time a stalemate apart from that corner and the Swiss strong at the end.

Onwards we go.

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

Fantastic penalties tbh. Made it look easy.

No sympathy for the Swiss. We were there for the taking and they didn't bring it. They can't complain about going out. They'll never have a better chance to get to a semi final, but they just can't move past being a tournament filler team. 

We stumble on. Portugal 2016 vibes.

I see us as 2002 Greece,boring our way to the title.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Lots of us are crying out for Wharton because we know he would make such a difference. Not one so called expert pundit or commentator has mentioned him. It just shows how ignorant they are. 

Ian Wright suggested him after the first game. Regardless, I can’t fathom why the excellent players out there struggle to make forward passes.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

Just now, Darrenbot said:

In the Semi final lets see Southgate grow some balls and drop Kane for Toney and start Palmer instead of Foden or Bellingham.

It won’t happen. Even the pundits are wetting themselves now. They can’t see the wood for the trees either. 

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I mean Southgate frustrates me but his record is pretty incredible. 3rd Semi Final in 4 tournaments..

If you add all england managers before him we have made 3 semis (66, 90, 96) in 75 years.

On the flip side, the only one he didn't make was the only one he met a major nation before that stage. He's had unbelievable luck with how the seedings have dropped in all his tournaments 

• Backroom
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

On the flip side, the only one he didn't make was the only one he met a major nation before that stage. He's had unbelievable luck with how the seedings have dropped in all his tournaments 

As I've mentioned previously, you can't really compare pre-92 because of the expansion of lesser teams into the tournaments.

Post-92 we've often met top teams before the semis. Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Portugal x2. WC 2014 we had Italy and Uruguay in our group. 

So yeah, context gives a different perspective. Can't argue with the facts, but, there's no doubt we've enjoyed good fortune with our seedings under Southgate.

And still haven't actually won anything. 

Edited by DE.