BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

5 very, very good penalties.

That's about the best thing I can say about tonight.

Really dull, uninspiring...a Southgate performance, I guess.

Have to be better.

• Like 2

Better performance and won on penalties 

Now onto Wednesday 

Still like to see Bellingham playing next Rice with Palmer just off Kane and Toney. TAA at right wing back and Saka at left wing bavk

Just now, Andy said:

5 very, very good penalties.

That's about the best thing I can say about tonight.

Really dull, uninspiring...a Southgate performance, I guess.

Have to be better.

Saka was good, Foden and Palmer were bright. Eze did a sterling job as a LWB considering he's an attacking midfielder. 

We're somehow in the Semis. 

• Like 2

When Greece won Euros in 2004 they weren’t outstanding, they ground out results. Every ‘expert’ predicted they’d lose the next game and they never did.

Keep the faith and ignore the nay sayers.

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Saka was good, Foden and Palmer were bright. Eze did a sterling job as a LWB considering he's an attacking midfielder. 

We're somehow in the Semis. 

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

I thought Palmer made a big difference when he came on and should start the next game.
Saka played well and I was pleased to see him put the penalty away, after 2022.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gav said:

When Greece won Euros in 2004 they weren’t outstanding, they ground out results. Every ‘expert’ predicted they’d lose the next game and they never did.

Keep the faith and ignore the nay sayers.

Their star player, if I’m not mistaken, was Leicester’s Theo Zagorakis.

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

I thought Palmer made a big difference when he came on and should start the next game.
Saka played well and I was pleased to see him put the penalty away, after 2022.

I was really pleased for Saka. He was big enough to take another pen. Having said that it looked like he scuffed it a bit to me but it still ended up in the side netting.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Their star player, if I’m not mistaken, was Leicester’s Theo Zagorakis.

I was sat here trying to think of 1 Greek player from that Euro winning team, so thanks for that riverholmes 

51 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

despite the hyper praise by the pundits,it`s been slow and laboured,just like last tuesday

They were better for playing 3 at the back and pushing a player forward, but Mainoo and Kane were passengers. Trippier tries, but with the best will in the world he's not an attacking LB / LWB.

• Like 1

I thought Foden was really poor, again.  Him, along with Trippier & Kane (due to his positioning) are our weak links.

Shaw  in for Trippier

Palmer in for Foden

I'd like to see two upfront- Kane and Watkins ideally. I like Tony but he's not very mobile. 

Someone explain to me how the actual fuck a player as dogshit as Trippier keeps getting picked.  Has he got some compromising pictures of Southgate?

Foden is so anonymous he may as well have been sat next to me.  Ditto Kane.

Yet somehow we’re in the semis again.  It doesn’t add up ….

• Like 1

• Backroom

The team once again looked a lot better after subs. For what it's worth I do appreciate that dropping Kane would be very difficult as he's a dressing room leader, vastly experienced and historically a difference maker.

He's just not been in this tournament though. A couple of poacher goals but for huge swathes of the game playing with Kane is like playing with ten. 

Just now, Bohinen1983 said:

I thought Foden was really poor, again.  Him, along with Trippier & Kane (due to his positioning) are our weak links.

Shaw  in for Trippier

Palmer in for Foden

I'd like to see two upfront- Kane and Watkins ideally. I like Tony but he's not very mobile. 

Yeah, I thought that about Toney. He doesn’t exactly put himself about. He reminded me of Nathan Blake at Rovers. Top penalty though.

• Like 1

Just now, Bohinen1983 said:

Shaw  in for Trippier

Palmer in for Foden

Saka to LB, Palmer for Trippier, Watkins for Kane, Wharton for Mainoo. 

Kane looks closer to 40 than 30 at the moment, I'd rest him next game, brave move perhaps but he seems burnt out and given how deep he's made to come he will be. Palmer starts next game too for me.

The penalties were flawless though and will give them a massive boost. 

• Like 2

Sheer relief to get through, a better performance but not brilliant.

BUT, Kane is proving to be quite a hindrance for this team. He drops far too deep, doesn't seem able to hold up the ball most of the time, and generally appears quite sluggish and not 100%. It won't happen, but I'd be tempted to bring Toney in for the semi-finals.

If it somehow ends up being a France vs England final then god help us all from that snooze fest 😂.

Sorry to offend those who enjoy watching England bore the world to death in the way they are playing, the Turkey Netherlands game is a joyous example of what exciting football is all about.