BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

• Backroom

Serbia, Denmark, Slovenia, Slovakia, Switzerland, Turkey... some route to a Euros final if Turkey win tonight and we scrape past them in the semis. 

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd much rather play Turkey than the Dutch. 

Possibly, but only because they like to counter with pace but we'll sit 11 men in front of them so they can't do that, but also can't attack.

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Giant said:

Sorry to offend those who enjoy watching England bore the world to death....

You seen any of those people knocking about?

By my count they consist only of the BBC halftime panel, which was truly bizarre. 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

the England fans over there will struggle to get a ticket with the amount of Turkish people in Germany,everygame they've played so far has been like a home game for them.

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Yeah? Turkey have belief, dynamism and incredible fans.

To me the Dutch have 3 of the same forward and Simons. Granted their defence is very strong.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

Serbia, Denmark, Slovenia, Slovakia, Switzerland, Turkey... some route to a Euros final if Turkey win tonight and we scrape past them in the semis. 

Impressive stuff. Who was the last England manager to get to 2 major finals? 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Giant said:

Sorry to offend those who enjoy watching England bore the world to death in the way they are playing, the Turkey Netherlands game is a joyous example of what exciting football is all about. 

Yet one of them is going home tonight and we are not, get some perspective man.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Silas said:

You seen any of those people knocking about?

By my count they consist only of the BBC halftime panel, which was truly bizarre. 

The BBC panel actually thought we were playing well, which is even more bizarre. 

I do enjoy a shootout and was a bit gutted we didn't get one in the Spain Vs Germany game. 

Still hear ignorant pundits talking about how pens are a lottery. It's a technical skill along with a huge mental element. Pretty clear that despite how shit they have been England have practised pens.

I see the Copa America is going straight to pens after 90 mins and that's fine with me. Extra time is usually terrible..

12 minutes ago, Giant said:

Sorry to offend those who enjoy watching England bore the world to death in the way they are playing, the Turkey Netherlands game is a joyous example of what exciting football is all about. 

Exciting football isn't always winning football. 

Very few international tournament winners are buccaneering, attacking outfits. Generally they tend to get knocked out at this stage by a professional, experienced outfit... oh!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rock steady said:

I do enjoy a shootout and was a bit gutted we didn't get one in the Spain Vs Germany game. 

Still hear ignorant pundits talking about how pens are a lottery. It's a technical skill along with a huge mental element. Pretty clear that despite how shit they have been England have practised pens.

I see the Copa America is going straight to pens after 90 mins and that's fine with me. Extra time is usually terrible..

I agree that there are some elements of skill, but for me there need to be a couple of major changes:

1) Huge element of luck with who goes first - maybe finding a way of balancing the order so that the team that goes first doesn't have a complete advantage as they more often than not win 

2) There is a massive attacker advantage. Keeper has to be rooted to the spot whilst the attackers can do any number of things in the run up. Just make it simple - run up and kick it. 

• Backroom

Our five pens were a masterclass. Technique and they all held their nerve. Never thought I'd see that from a set of English penalty takers. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

Yet one of them is going home tonight and we are not, get some perspective man.

You’ve totally missed my point, England are dire to watch Turkey and the Netherlands tonight are not. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Better performance and won on penalties 

Now onto Wednesday 

Still like to see Bellingham playing next Rice with Palmer just off Kane and Toney. TAA at right wing back and Saka at left wing bavk

Not me, Mainoo has looked good and should retain his place. At least one of Kane, Foden and Bellingham need dropping. Its really hard to justify Kane being in at the moment. Hes so static, wins very little in the air, cant hold it up, cant run behind, congests the number 10 area... He must be averaging maybe two shots a game...

Edited by joey_big_nose

21 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

the England fans over there will struggle to get a ticket with the amount of Turkish people in Germany,everygame they've played so far has been like a home game for them.

As can be seen in this game. Orange shirts in one corner. Turkey fans have three quarters of the stadium. 

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Not me, Mainoo has looked good and should retain his place. At least one of Kane, Foden and Bellingham need dropping. Its really hard to justify Kane being in at the moment. Hes so static, wins very little in the air, cant hold it up, cant run behind, congests the number 10 area... He must be averaging maybe two shots a game...

Mainoo has been an absolute passenger.

• Like 1

Just now, roverandout said:

Couldn't care less about playing brilliant football.  If we win boring people to death so be it

Totally agree. People think we’re Brazil 1970.

We’re getting to semi finals consistently now. This is unheard of for England in 100 years of major tournament football. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I agree that there are some elements of skill, but for me there need to be a couple of major changes:

1) Huge element of luck with who goes first - maybe finding a way of balancing the order so that the team that goes first doesn't have a complete advantage as they more often than not win 

2) There is a massive attacker advantage. Keeper has to be rooted to the spot whilst the attackers can do any number of things in the run up. Just make it simple - run up and kick it. 

In terms of who goes first it can't really be any fairer than 50/50 can it? 

When I watch back some shootouts it's amazing how far the keepers came off their lines which they wouldn't get away with now. 

But I do agree that the balance has swung a bit far in favour of the taker, with how they now do the feints in the run up.

How to address it though? Would you allow keepers to move off the line? 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Mainoo has been an absolute passenger.

Mainoo and Saka were the only ones trying to move anything against Slovakia and Switzerland for long spells. Not really his fault the front three (particularly Foden and Kane) have ghosted 90% of the tournament.

• Like 4