BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

Carsley seems highly rated; but how much will we really get to know about him from the Nations League matches?

I'm clinging to the vain hope he's only keeping the seat warm until a Klopp/Guardiola or Ancelotti is ready to take over.

Presumably Poccetino isn't under consideration as he was available immediately.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Carsley was born in Birmingham. 😂

I suspect he will get permanent appoint after these next few games. 

So what's the point of it all then?

You don't neccesarily have to be any good at the job, just work within the annals of the FA.

Sensible appointment, it seems to me, though I don't know his record that well (except that he was our penalty king for a while, back in the day) but he won the U21 Euros last year, which is promising. 

I feel more-or-less apathy about England and look back to the hue and cry during the Euros with some embarrassment. Are we all duped into a frenzy over nothing every time? Seems to me that too much national pride is placed on a group of footballers, egged on by the financially self-interested.

Thinking about all those endless commercials with every other player from the squad, and some not even in the squad, still makes me feel rather ill.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

Spain beat France to win Olympic gold. 2 nations that England need to beat to win tournaments. 

Does not having an Olympic team hurt the full side? 

Of course I'll hope for the best with Carsley, if he does well give him the job. 

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Carsley was born in Birmingham. 😂

I suspect he will get permanent appoint after these next few games. 

and like a rabbit in headlights.

chaddy lad .. if a dog is born in a stable does it make it a horse?

45 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

and like a rabbit in headlights.

chaddy lad .. if a dog is born in a stable does it make it a horse?

Abbey, Its crystal clear Carsley is English and he qualified for Ireland through his grandmother being Irish. FFS, move on 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Abbey, Its crystal clear Carsley is English and he qualified for Ireland through his grandmother being Irish. FFS, move on 

I'm with you on this. 

Carsley was born in Brum and, I'm speculating here, as a young pro who wasn't good enough to play for England he explored his options. He had a grandparent from Ireland so decided to take the plunge to give him an opportunity to play international football. Then Ireland being Ireland they welcomed him with open arms. 

But let's call him Irish as it gives people something else to moan about.

Anyone want to comment on Declan Rice? 

• Like 1

Folk on here don’t actually give a feck where he’s from/who he played for, the only person that was obsessed with Englishmen is now getting tied up in knots as a fella with 40 Ireland caps has come along.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Folk on here don’t actually give a feck where he’s from/who he played for, the only person that was obsessed with Englishmen is now getting tied up in knots as a fella with 40 Ireland caps has come along.

Tied myself in knots over our interim manager being from Birmingham? 🤣🤣🤣

You just struggle to accept my opinion that the England manager should be English 

‘Can’t accept’ 😅. I don’t care, I’m a Rovers man, like most I probably won’t give England a second glance now until 2026, just amuses me that your rules seem very flexible, probably because there are so few Englishmen to pick from so an Irish international qualifies too (and with that I’m off to the Rovers threads).

Edited by Mattyblue

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Can’t accept’ 😅. I don’t care, I’m a Rovers man, like most I probably won’t give England a second glance now until 2026, just amuses me that your rules seem very flexible, probably because there are so few Englishmen to pick from so an Irish international qualifies too (and with that I’m off to the Rovers threads).

good for you Matty, Enjoy the Rovers. 

Carsley is English and was born in Birmingham. He wasn't good enough for England but Ireland was interested in him playing from them through his grandmother. That's the story here. 

Very Flexible rules? For me, The England national team manager should be English and I can't be crystal clear that it should be Englishman who gets the job.