BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tied myself in knots over our interim manager being from Birmingham? 🤣🤣🤣

You just struggle to accept my opinion that the England manager should be English 

what about Hussain capt England?  in your world he ain't english

This js getting Pathetic to be honest. Just accept my opinion cos it won't be changing. 

I believe Hussain qualified for England cos his mother was English @ABBEY. His father was Indian. Dual nationality. 

Or Owen Hargreaves, who was born in Canada but his father was English and his mother Welsh. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

I do understand the desire to have an English person in charge of the national team, just like the desire to see local people playing for Rovers. When once it might have been unheard of, now the idea of having club teams without any local players is normalised.

However, it becomes very arbitrary, in my opinion, when you become fixated on national ancestry (though, of course, ancestry is the crux of the national squad selection). What counts for me is connection with the local game. I would rather someone deeply connected with the society, even if they might not have British ancestry, be the manager than a descendant of an English emigrant who has no other connection whatsoever.

Edited by riverholmes

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

This js getting Pathetic to be honest. Just accept my opinion cos it won't be changing. 

I believe Hussain qualified for England cos his mother was English @ABBEY. His father was Indian. Dual nationality. 

Or Owen Hargreaves, who was born in Canada but his father was English and his mother Welsh. 

post you hypocritical without saying your hypocritical..

never change chaddy lad never change

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

post you hypocritical without saying your hypocritical..

never change chaddy lad never change

not at all, Hussain is dual Nationality which some people are. Carsley was born in England but Ireland wanted to pick him cos his grand mother was Irish and he wasn't going to get picked by us. 

My view is the national team manager should be Englishman and always has been. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

not at all, Hussain is dual Nationality which some people are. Carsley was born in England but Ireland wanted to pick him cos his grand mother was Irish and he wasn't going to get picked by us. 

My view is the national team manager should be Englishman and always has been. 

🥱

On 11/08/2024 at 12:14, Wheelton Blue said:

Hypothetically then, in Chaddy's world, if say Klopp the German had an English grandparent, and therefore in turn he qualified for UK citizenship, that would then be OK to have him as England manager.

Considering that as I understand it, Klopp absolutely could qualify for citizenship due to naturalisation, having been here for 9 years (I believe 5 years is required), and having made a massive contribution to British sporting life would almost certainly get it approved.... @chaddyrovers would you accept Klopp as England boss if he obtained a British passport and therefore had dual citizenship?

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Considering that as I understand it, Klopp absolutely could qualify for citizenship due to naturalisation, having been here for 9 years (I believe 5 years is required), and having made a massive contribution to British sporting life would almost certainly get it approved.... @chaddyrovers would you accept Klopp as England boss if he obtained a British passport and therefore had dual citizenship?

Rhetorical question surely

43 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Rhetorical question surely

Only in the sense that I expect he won't reply or if he does he will swerve actually answering the question. But I'd like him to answer it. I'm curious where he draws the line.

Edited by bluebruce

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Only in the sense that I expect he won't reply or if he does he will swerve actually answering the question. But I'd like him to answer it. I'm curious where he draws the line.

Say they named Klopp, chaddy will be saying that he's lived in the country for 9 years and is a naturalised citizen and eligible for a passport.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So if you are born in England but see yourself as an Irishman or a Scot, you are mistaken, you are an Englishman?

Interesting.

It really isn’t interesting Matty, trust me 

If you are born in England, you are English

If you are born in Germany, you are German

And so on and so on 

I can’t believe this has got the amount of posts it has. It isn’t that difficult to comprehend

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Marc Guehi was born in the Ivory Coast so unfortunately he wont be available going forward then.

How have you figured that out? 

That just means that Marc Guehi is Ivorian but has qualified to play for England and so has chosen to

What is so difficult to understand about this? 
The comparison isn’t even a good one. Guehi has lived all his life bar one year in England. Lee Carsley has always lived in England. 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 1

No it is interesting, as there are many, many folk that would fundamentally disagree with that statement.

And it works the other way too, if you are born elsewhere but later become a citizen of a country, you aren’t ‘really’ American or French or Australian?

Edited by Mattyblue

5 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It really isn’t interesting Matty, trust me 

If you are born in England, you are English

If you are born in Germany, you are German

And so on and so on 

I can’t believe this has got the amount of posts it has. It isn’t that difficult to comprehend

My son was born in Germany (RAF Wegburg), he isn't German.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

My son was born in Germany (RAF Wegburg), he isn't German.

Good example

Your son may have dual nationality depending on whether he ever took up his German nationality with it being an RAF base? Unsure

But if he did take up his dual nationality, he would be defined as both a German and an Englishman

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No it is interesting, as there are many, many folk that would fundamentally disagree with that statement.

What, that if you are born in England, you hold English nationality, you grew up in England, that you are English? 
There are two, maybe three, people disagreeing with that statement. I can’t see many others lining up to disagree 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 1