BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

I see the lad from Man Utd made it in despite not being anywhere near as good.

Same old England.

Mainoo?

He had a good euros, is starting every week for United, and is a top prospect. It's fine to be a Wharton fan and to feel he should be in the squad, but it makes no sense to just single out Mainoo as the player who should be missing out. 

Gallagher is the one that puzzles me and I think there are too many wide players in the squad and not enough central midfielders. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I see the lad from Man Utd made it in despite not being anywhere near as good.

Same old England.

The same guy who transformed the England midfield when he started? I agree Wharton Is a better player though 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Gallagher is the one that puzzles me and I think there are too many wide players in the squad and not enough central midfielders. 

Now playing for 3rd biggest club in Spain and champions league football 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Unsurprisingly, these pointless Nations League games are greeted with a flurry of withdrawls from the squad. 

They're not pointless.  They have an affect on world cup seeding 

15 minutes ago, roverandout said:

With the amount of teams that qualify for world cups these days if seedings affect you qualifying then you dont deserve to be there.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

In the grand scheme of things they are pointless, hence why players are happy to pull out.

An unwelcome, early break to the momentum of the club season and needless extra games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

In the grand scheme of things they are pointless, hence why players are happy to pull out.

An unwelcome, early break to the momentum of the club season and needless extra games.

Maybe cut out the league Cup or less games in the champions league.  I know u said early season but overall players playing less games in the club season might help

The World Cup and all European national and club competitions are TV money driven and have too many places in the finals.

Down the food chain the blatant favouritism shown to the "top" clubs in the Carabao Cup is borderline criminal. Late entry, can't be drawn against each other and guaranteed home advantage at their delayed entry stage.

The same clubs who can almost be sure to play a reserve side at entry whilst having huge squads.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, roverandout said:

Maybe cut out the league Cup or less games in the champions league.  I know u said early season but overall players playing less games in the club season might help

I think the Champions League format change makes no sense, the previous format was fine.

But why would you cut the league cup ahead of the Nations league.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I think the Champions League format change makes no sense, the previous format was fine.

But why would you cut the league cup ahead of the Nations league.

Because clubs play enough games

35 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

So you'd get rid of the last major trophy we won for some shit internationals that hardly anyone gives a fuck about?

Very strange.

That was then. Reading some of the comments after the Blackpool game it's clear some on here don't care about it

• Herbie6590 changed the title to England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins
5 hours ago, roverandout said:

Because clubs play enough games

Footballers play enough games, regardless of club/country.

Would you actually be in favour of dropping the League Cup in favour of the Nations League?

It is a futile attempt to try and make these pointless international breaks feel somewhat competitive. The players clearly dont see them as importance hence the predictable flurry of drop outs every time. 

• Like 2

FIVE international windows every year 😴 (the season stopped for two weeks three times between September and November!) when most fans couldn’t give a monkeys outside tournaments 

Surely there’s a way of amending that? 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Footballers play enough games, regardless of club/country.

Would you actually be in favour of dropping the League Cup in favour of the Nations League?

It is a futile attempt to try and make these pointless international breaks feel somewhat competitive. The players clearly dont see them as importance hence the predictable flurry of drop outs every time. 

Make the Champions league and other UEFA Competitions, a straight knock out competition like in the 70's and 80's 

Reduced international games like ditch September and November slots. 

Ditch the FIFA club world cup competition 

You like any those suggestions? Or in favour of them? 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Make the Champions league a knock out competition like in the 70's and 80's 

Absolutely 💯

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Make the Champions league and other UEFA Competitions, a straight knock out competition like in the 70's and 80's 

Definitely ditch the 2 international breaks you mention and the Nations League in general. Just have a couple of friendlies prior to a tournament, otherwise just the qualifiers.

The new FIFA club world club plans are ridiculous. Sort of understand the past theory of the champions of each continent playing each other but its getting silly and like with the Nations League, players seem to be coming out against it.

I didnt see much wrong with the Champions League format of last season. This one group of 36 idea makes no sense though.

• Like 1