BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Trent is shocking 

He’s been awful this half. Not on his own though. We looked really bright in that first half an hour then it was back to walking football. Player A, who’s stood still passes to player B who’s also stood still, Irish player gets a foot in and the move breaks down x100. Back to the drawing board.

Shout out to Eddie, that Gomes looked handy. Always on his bike and in a position to receive the ball. Zips it away quickly as well, always to a white shirt. I suspect 15 -20 yards passes are is limit but that’s not to be sneezed at. At least he looked like he wanted to up the tempo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Should have known not to expect anything other than more shit from England 

First half when Gordon and Grealish where running at pace at the Irish defence I had hopes of a decent game but once they start with the walking they become stuck in that.

Difficult to judge Carsley until he plays decent opposition and that not happening in this Nations League group stage not this year.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

First half in spells we were good and played quicker tempo but second half it was awful. 

We have to get better 

47 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Can't be many people who enjoy these international breaks 😮‍💨

Bit depressing it's only a month till the next one, then there's one the month after too.

Pointless shite.

No I hate these international breaks at all. In all honest these international football breaks need to be just 3 breaks not 5

A real game of two halves. We looked comfortable in the first half. After half time we looked like we’d racked our cue and so we let Eire back into it. If Sammi had have put that chance away it could have become really interesting.

Pickford 6 Nothing to do.

TAA 5 Strange player, looked really good at one point, then his game collapsed completely. Carsley needs to think again about this lad, when is James fit again ? 

Guehi 6 Steady game.

Maguire 6 The usual,performance, steady but un-inspiring.

Colwill 6 OK but not really a full back

Saka 6 Blows hot and cold. Needs to get in the game more.

Rice 7 Played well and scored an excellent goal.

Mainoo 6 Not in the game enough for me. Turns nicely on the ball though.

Grealish 6. Looked good in patches carrying the ball forward. Just doesn’t do it enough,

Gordon 6 Looked really dangerous at times but not enough end product. He’s a bit one footed.

Kane 5 Looked like an Harry Kane “ Look a. Like “ had won a competition to play up front. Missed a great headed chance.

Gibbs-White, Eze, Bowen all did little flashes of football. Gomes looked good to me, immediately upped the tempo. All of them were brought on 15-20 minutes too late.

Carsley ? Same as Southgate, the game was going away from us and he reacted way too slowly.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Christ, we’ll be saying that anyone who doesn’t belt out the lyrics to that dreadful version of Wild Rover at Ewood isn’t a true Rovers fan and is some sort of traitor or Dingle next.

And it’s always the ‘freeze peach’ weirdos who DEMAND that dreadful dirge be sung. If they were that patriotic they’d know we have ‘freedom of expression’ here, and they’d would probably feel more at home serving a Reich.

Change the anthem to something WORTH belting out, like the other home nations do.

The best anthems I’ve witnessed are Flower of Scotland or Loch Lomond at Hampden Park, and Bread of Heaven at the Millennium Stadium (both attended as an England fan). (I refuse to attend Wembley without first seeing Rovers play there).

Edited by Mike E

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Grealish 6. Looked good in patches carrying the ball forward. Just doesn’t do it enough

Tough judge if u bag a goal and don't score a better rating than rest of team barring one (the other goalscorer)

I'd be feeling short changed there. 

ROI absolutely dire 1st have.  England looked to be in low gear and still miles ahead of the Irish.  One could have been forgiven for thinking that Southgate was still in charge.  FFS ket's get a manager who can get this young attacking talent playing forwards.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, London blue said:

I can't believe how many people are waiting to be offended by a player or manager.

Fuck carsley for taking the job and fuck Rice for scoring, hey.

fuck rice for not celebrating more like . Sums everything up in today's mard arsed world

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

fuck rice for not celebrating more like . Sums everything up in today's mard arsed world

Either way, he can’t win. Celebrates like buggery, gets loads of stick. Doesn’t celebrate and gets loads of stick anyway. 
For what it’s worth, I don’t think you should be able to switch allegiance in the way that is possible in football, but I don’t make the rules.

ROI have benefitted from players using the system in Northern Ireland right up to under 21 level, then switching to them, so they haven’t exactly been angelic themselves anyway.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Take me back to when there was none of this ‘I didn’t celebrate because I played three games there on loan in 2013’ routine

Beyond cringe.

absolutely bang on... 

can you imagine shearer ever scoring against us and celebrating haha ooopps my bad

Sadly, think we'll roll Finland and Carsley will get the job.

Appointing Carsley will be a huge, huge mistake.  Predictably, those called up singing his praises.  As well as questioning his abilities / credentials for the job, I simply don't like the guy and I guess that stems from his time at Rovers which was distinctly unmemorable.

Any manager who leaves out a huge talent like Wharton and continues with the overrated Mainoo and picks Gomes from absolutely nowhere seriously needs to give his head a wobble.

A decent first half against a League One equivalent ROI followed by an excruciating second half.

Sadly for Adam Wharton, think the only way he will get an England call up / start is when he moves to one of the 'big clubs'.

• Like 3