BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

Just now, Riversider28 said:

The best thing is that it it keeps those fecking bagpipes quiet.

They were waxing lyrical about the Scottish fans. After a decent showing for their national anthem literally never heard them again. And it’s not like they could have expected the game to go any other way so couldn’t have been shell shocked by the goals. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I don't get Clarke's mentality here. The players are all over the place and clearly not comfortable with his system and tactics. I can understand keeping it tight but these players just don't look up to playing that way. There is no out ball and because they are so deep and compact there is no press. The Germans haven't got out of third gear yet.

I can’t recall seeing anything like it before.  It was a shambles. 5 at the back yet there was an easy ball out wide on both flanks all night.  4 in the middle marking nobody, just getting played around and through . Really strange. 1-0 down, then 2-0 down and nothing changed.  I’d have gone 4  at the back,  2 up front and played in a more direct manner.  You might as well get beat 5-1 having a go rather than what we saw tonight. I’d like to know how many times Adams and Shankland actually touched the ball. It can’t have many.

Musial is a special player, what Foden should be for England but very rarely is.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Hard to read too much into tonight but Germany certainly have a team that looks really strong under Nagelsmann.

They conceded a freak goal on a night they werent otherwise tested but their defence looks decent on paper, they have real threat in attack (Musiala was excellent) and they can control games against anyone with players like Kroos and Gundogan.

Scotland have absolutely nothing in attack, and their defence and keeper couldnt stop an onslaught. The other 2 teams in that group are also quite strong so even 3rd place seems an uphill battle especially with their goal difference taking a battering.

39 minutes ago, matt83 said:

They were waxing lyrical about the Scottish fans. After a decent showing for their national anthem literally never heard them again. And it’s not like they could have expected the game to go any other way so couldn’t have been shell shocked by the goals. 

They were singing "you're not singing anymore" when they scored lol

• Like 1

We need to take a page out of Germany's book for me.... Kroos dropping so deep and spreading the play against an ultra defensive side is was so effective... German'ys way of  playing is exactly how we should have setup against Iceland.

I think thats maybe Southgates plan with Alexander-Arnold.  His long passing is the best we have, should get the nod ahead of Mainoo, Wharton or dropping Bellingham into midfield two.

• Like 1

Whilst I like Scotland I'm not a fan of that Porteous or whatever his name is..   Bit of a shit house- I could be wrong but wasn't he taunting the Rovers fans last season when we played Watford- he'd picked up a bit of a knock too?  Anyway,  my memory is shocking so could be wrong- glad to see him get an deserved red though for an absolutely disgusting tackle. Leg breaker every day that.  Poor player. Glad we never signed him. 

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hungary much better second half but Switzerland deserved winners. 

Spain 3-1 Croatia 

Italy 2-0 Albania 

I’ve got a feeling Italy may struggle a bit with Albania. Don’t know why. Probably be a slaughtering now I’ve said that.

• Like 1