BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

23 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Also, Rice and Wharton is the most naturally balanced double pivot pairing England have, and for that reason alone Southgate won’t pick it.

A natural right foot, left foot midfield is always ideal

I do think Wharton will get a chance. If we beat Denmark, I can see him getting at least 20 minutes v Slovenia. I hope that 20 minutes is with Rice where he can really demonstrate what he can do

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

A natural right foot, left foot midfield is always ideal

I do think Wharton will get a chance. If we beat Denmark, I can see him getting at least 20 minutes v Slovenia. I hope that 20 minutes is with Rice where he can really demonstrate what he can do

I think the way they play compliments the others style too. 

One of the things I’ve taken from this comp is shooting from distance can pay off. I always knew it really but it’s nice to see it pay off. When did Rovers last score with a screamer from outside the box. 

Turkey’s last goal reminded me of Sammi’s second goal at Leicester.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

One of the things I’ve taken from this comp is shooting from distance can pay off. I always knew it really but it’s nice to see it pay off. When did Rovers last score with a screamer from outside the box. 

Travis vs QPR in JDTs first game?

• Like 1

Romania might be a team to watch for. They looked really good against an albeit disappointing Ukrainian side. They kind of played a Liverpool-Klopp style of breaking with pace and no shortage of skill. In that game, at least, their defenders played in a really aggressive and technical way.

It's probably harsh to expect much of Ukraine. Their players have been, I think, constantly travelling for their international games, not playing home games in Ukraine - as far as a I know. Also, I believe the players' families are, in some cases, dotted around Europe, even though many have been playing domestic football in Ukraine. I did notice a lot of their players play for Ukrainian clubs, which made me wonder if this is a patriotic choice or, perhaps, a legal stipulation, as, the easier option in terms of practicality, perhaps, would be to move abroad, using their pro athlete exemptions from conscription, which I believe they have.

Edited by riverholmes

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

But he didn't celebrate early like Sammie did.

Bit of a random aside... 

Had the radio on in the car earlier and former rover(well he played maybe 3 games😅) Bruno Berner was doing an interview about the Swiss-Scotland game. 

Turns out he's a manager now, most recently managed grasshopper zurich! But was let go after a rubbish run of results, he also managed the swiss under 19s & 20s a few years ago. 

So there you go🤷‍♂️

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Bit of a random aside... 

Had the radio on in the car earlier and former rover(well he played maybe 3 games😅) Bruno Berner was doing an interview about the Swiss-Scotland game. 

Turns out he's a manager now, most recently managed grasshopper zurich! But was let go after a rubbish run of results, he also managed the swiss under 19s & 20s a few years ago. 

So there you go🤷‍♂️

Putting himself in line for the rovers job in the future.

He's already got the 'club legend' box ticked.

• Like 1

Poor game. Scotland turned it into an ale house derby and the Swiss were happy with a point. How did that dingle miss that header at the end !  I haven’t seen every game but the two worst ones football wise were tonight’s game and the England game.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've said before in a match thread.  If Pears is an average championship keeper then I'd be telling the lads to shoot from distance 2/3 times a game minimum.  

If we get some more height in the team too then there's always the chance of a corner from a deflection too.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

I've said before in a match thread.  If Pears is an average championship keeper then I'd be telling the lads to shoot from distance 2/3 times a game minimum.  

If we get some more height in the team too then there's always the chance of a corner from a deflection too.  

I shout that every game - the amount of deflected goals that are scored at this level is bonkers. Shoot on site.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I shout that every game - the amount of deflected goals that are scored at this level is bonkers. Shoot on site.

Last night being a prime example. The ball was going right down the Swiss keepers throat until the defender panicked and stuck out a foot.