BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

12 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Bit of a random aside... 

Had the radio on in the car earlier and former rover(well he played maybe 3 games😅) Bruno Berner was doing an interview about the Swiss-Scotland game. 

Turns out he's a manager now, most recently managed grasshopper zurich! But was let go after a rubbish run of results, he also managed the swiss under 19s & 20s a few years ago. 

So there you go🤷‍♂️

Another random one Lorenzo Amoruso is now a commentator in Dubai

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Looks like England are going to be unchanged tonight if press reports are to be believed. I'm quite disappointed at that tbh.

Saw similar reports, if that's true then I give up!

We'll not even make the quarter finals under Southgate, he's a useless, negative coach with no bollocks.

Trent should never play in CM again, and Foden should be rightfully dropped after a diabolical performance.

• Like 3

Southgate is just praying foden can replicate his Citeh form. If he’s an no show again it’ll be his 35th England game and maybe time to accept he’ll never perform in an England shirt to the same level and move on. Properly world class players find a way even if not it their exact favoured position. As much as I don’t like the bloke players like Ronaldo would still have an impact from centre half if lumped there, if foden can’t affect the game from a position slightly to the left of where he clearly favours it’s a very poor do.

If taa in midfield again. Southgate is probably only remembering one cross field pass vs the two times he effectively put Serbia through. Frustratingly we have players ready to slot in to that position.

All in all this is reminding me of sven in 04/06 trying to grapple with amazing midfielders all doing similar jobs. We have decent players like walker/taa, foden/bellingham that don’t necessarily belong together but will get shoe horned in regardless. Thats on the manager. 

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Danny Murphy is a 'pundit' on BBC. I say pundit I mean cnut

He’s shocking. The worst of a bad bunch. Absolutely no insight at all. Just tells people the obvious.  Where are the people with real knowledge ? When I was younger and they had that panel with the likes of Malcolm Allison and other top coaches they could point out things you hadn’t realised were going on out there. I learnt a load off them, Murphy has taught me nothing.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That looked like a foul to me before the Germany goal. A bit more than a nudge in the back, A free kick if it’s down the other end.

100% Yellow for me but that ref was orobably just following his orders.  He was very lenient with Portugal.  Some of these yellows for good tackles are pissin me right off.  Player wins the ball cleanly and because his opponent fell over AFTER the tackle a yellow is handed out.  Killing the game.  Am I right in saying Southgate played a right back in midfield then a left back at right?  If so WHY?

Edited by USABlue

31 minutes ago, USABlue said:

100% Yellow for me but that ref was orobably just following his orders.  He was very lenient with Portugal.  Some of these yellows for good tackles are pissin me right off.  Player wins the ball cleanly and because his opponent fell over AFTER the tackle a yellow is handed out.  Killing the game.  Am I right in saying Southgate played a right back in midfield then a left back at right?  If so WHY?

He had a right back at left back because the first choice left back is injured. I’d be embarrassed if I were as one footed as Trippier after being a pro for 15 years. It’s not just the passing, shooting and running with the ball, you need to be able to put a tackle in on that side as well.

The best hope for seeing Wharton in this tournament is a big England win tonight then Southgate will be able to experiment/rest players for the 3rd game. 
Still think Rice/Wharton is the best DM combination in our 4231 formation. 

• Like 3

With all the seemingly unnecessary friendlies and dead rubbers we now play. I wonder how many other teams stick their right back in centre mid on a main tournament experiment. When there’s been no injuries or suspensions. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

He played 3 right backs, one at LB, one at RB, and one in midfield

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, matt83 said:

With all the seemingly unnecessary friendlies and dead rubbers we now play. I wonder how many other teams stick their right back in centre mid on a main tournament experiment. When there’s been no injuries or suspensions. 

He really is a shite manager.

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He really is a shite manager.

Let’s say Walker is the best rb in the world and taa is the second. I’m not saying that they are. But the better one plays and the other doesn’t. Not bang him elsewhere. It’s that simple. Southgate is Mowbray rolled in glitter. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

It's just horrible watching us play. Slow, ponderous passing that usually ends in a comically misplaced ball which gifts possession back to the opposition. 

If we get the win then w/e, we deal with it, but we must be one of the least exciting teams in the tournament. 

32 minutes ago, matt83 said:

TAA isn't good enough to be right back in tournament football, He has played a few games in there. He can get box to box