BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

There’s very little difference between Connor Gallagher and Lewis Travis. That sub sums up Southgate. One of his 3 desperation subs was a good one though. Watkins MOTM for England. 

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

I did chuckle at the BBC interviewer just bluntly asking Walker "does the manager tell you to just sit back after scoring?", lmao. 

Yeah I thought she was superb there. You could see she got right under Walker's skin with that

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Golden generation? This crop aren’t a patch on the actual ‘golden generation’. 

Used properly this lot would give the 'Golden Generation' lot fits. Alas Southgate doesn't know what to do with them. 

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

There’s very little difference between Connor Gallagher and Lewis Travis. That sub sums up Southgate. One of his 3 desperation subs was a good one though. Watkins MOTM for England. 

Give over.

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

I did chuckle at the BBC interviewer just bluntly asking Walker "does the manager tell you to just sit back after scoring?", lmao. 

More importantly what was his answer?

• Backroom

I think Kane admitting the players don't know what to do when momentum is against us was pretty telling as to how well this team is coached. Deary me. 

• Like 2

it`s a damning indicment on southgate that he can`t create a formation that works with a group of england players which make up the strongest squad we`ve ever had,i`ve never know so many class players in the national side,as it stands i would not want to play one of the top sides

1. We aren’t as good as the hype would suggest

2. The opposition are better than they are given credit for.

3. Our players aren’t playing for the best club sides in Europe against shite like Burnley and Sheffield Utd like they do week in week out. 

4. Our pundits are delusional

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Andy said:

Result is fine, performance was horrible.

Denmark are not a very good team, but they should have beaten us tonight.

Tactically inept, selection woeful.
Gordon and Palmer should have played tonight - and, all Rovers bias included - Wharton would have been a much preferable option to Gallagher.

Things won't get better until Southgate pisses off.

Denmark are a good team. 

• Backroom
32 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Willing to hang my hat on this being Rice’s worst ever game for England that I’ve seen.

Guehi did balls it up, but Rice should never have given him that hospital pass in the first place. Abysmal, here.

Well James will be chuckling away then. Watched this today and did think it was harsh comparing him to 3 of the best of last 30 years in Rodri, Kroos, and Keane. But maybe he's onto something:

Just now, Silas said:

Well James will be chuckling away then. Watched this today and did think it was harsh comparing him to 3 of the best of last 30 years in Rodri, Kroos, and Keane. But maybe he's onto something:

That prick built a lovely straw man there. Nobody says Rice is world class - but he is an excellent football player. 

2 minutes ago, Silas said:

He’s spot on. And you could say the same for a few more of those England players. 

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

He’s spot on. And you could say the same for a few more of those England players. 

Not like us to start doing our own down mid-Tournament. 😉

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Putting aside formations and particularly players the weirdest thing is we didn't press at all. We didnt even try which is just very very strange. Everyone presses, it's probably the most important part of modern football.

Agree, the players look like they're being forced to play against their will. It's baffling to see how lethargic and passive the entire team is. The one time we woke up, when Walker nicked the ball, we scored. 

A difficult draw against Denmark isn't the end of the world, but the lack of intensity is so incredibly frustrating to watch. It's obvious to everyone watching that if we don't improve massively we are going out as soon as we come up against a quality team. That's why it's difficult to be positive about as being top of the group, no matter how often the players want to remind us of that.

• Like 5