BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

That prick built a lovely straw man there. Nobody says Rice is world class - but he is an excellent football player. 

James McClean is not going to get a fair hearing on here, and for what its worth I wouldn't be a fan either, but to say no-one is saying Declan Rice is world class is bollox, the English press has spent the season comparing Rodri and Rice and if most people eventually opt for Rodri it is always very close (Stick to Foorball Podcast did it recently)

And no, this is not sour grapes I know he played for Ireland all through his youth career but we have been represented by a significant amount of players who no more saw themselves as Irish than the queen did (Andy Townsend) and, you were willing to take Grealish off our hands so we owe you!! 🙂 

27 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

He said the manager doesn’t tell them to do that. 

27 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

He said the manager doesn’t tell them to do that. 

I smell cows, manure. Nope it’s bull shit. 

Edited by matt83

17 minutes ago, DE. said:

Agree, the players look like they're being forced to play against their will. It's baffling to see how lethargic and passive the entire team is. The one time we woke up, when Walker nicked the ball, we scored. 

A difficult draw against Denmark isn't the end of the world, but the lack of intensity is so incredibly frustrating to watch. It's obvious to everyone watching that if we don't improve massively we are going out as soon as we come up against a quality team. That's why it's difficult to be positive about as being top of the group, no matter how often the players want to remind us of that.

We didn’t look anything like a team. What was Kane doing firing that blind pass out from left back straight into the danger zone ?  ? Even school kids are taught not to play passes like that. Why is he even there ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

James McClean is not going to get a fair hearing on here, and for what its worth I wouldn't be a fan either, but to say no-one is saying Declan Rice is world class is bollox, the English press has spent the season comparing Rodri and Rice and if most people eventually opt for Rodri it is always very close (Stick to Foorball Podcast did it recently)

And no, this is not sour grapes I know he played for Ireland all through his youth career but we have been represented by a significant amount of players who no more saw themselves as Irish than the queen did (Andy Townsend) and, you were willing to take Grealish off our hands so we owe you!! 🙂 

The English press talk shite. Rice is a very good  player but nobody will look decent in this set up. It’s a shambles.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

There’s a lack of quality in some positions and you can argue about selections and tactics but worst for me is that the players look tired and lethargic and the team plays at half pace. It’s all so dull and predictable. If we continue like this England will go out in the first knock out game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Available in M&S 😉

M&S have some fantastic men’s clothing in at the moment. They’ve just hired Reiss’s top designer and it shows, some lovely summer pieces at great prices and quality. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Denmark are a good team. 

Agreed, but not a very good team.

We made them look better than they are tonight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J*B said:

M&S have some fantastic men’s clothing in at the moment. They’ve just hired Reiss’s top designer and it shows, some lovely summer pieces at great prices and quality. 

Has BRFCs taken on influencer marketing?  Don't you need to finish this with #ad

Just now, islander200 said:

Southgate saying the midfield is an experiment as he doesn't have a player  like Kalvin Phillips FFS.

What the feck did he bring Wharton for

Wash you mouth out with soap, Whaton is nothing like Kalvin-Philips!!

• Like 2

• Backroom
41 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

ames McClean is not going to get a fair hearing on here, and for what its worth I wouldn't be a fan either, but to say no-one is saying Declan Rice is world class is bollox, the English press has spent the season comparing Rodri and Rice and if most people eventually opt for Rodri it is always very close (Stick to Foorball Podcast did it recently)

It's a weird benchmark though.

What, he wouldn't walk straight into the treble winning team from last season.

Not really a slur on talent for me. 

If you're coming on as sub for that team, you're a hell of a player. 

• Like 1

That was as boring as watching rovers last season, looked clueless and lethargic all over the pitch.

At least we have the excuse of having plodders in most positions what’s Southgate’s excuse? 

• Like 1

It's time we play Bellingham next Rice with Foden as a ten with Kane with Palmer on the right and Gordon or Eze on the left. 

We should have taken Chilwell to play left back. Tripper is a solid player but he's not a natural left back. 

Just now, Silas said:

It's a weird benchmark though.

What, he wouldn't walk straight into the treble winning team from last season.

Not really a slur on talent for me. 

If you're coming on as sub for that team, you're a hell of a player. 

The point he was making was that the English press had set the lad up as a world beater and he isn't, he is a really good player.

Bellingham is a world beater, noone else in the team really qualifies, maybe kane but in the current style England play he is effectively Englands Jordan Rhoades scores too many goals to drop but is not contributing.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

It's time we play Bellingham next Rice with Foden as a ten with Kane with Palmer on the right and Gordon or Eze on the left. 

We should have taken Chilwell to play left back. Tripper is a solid player but he's not a natural left back. 

Bellingham doesn't have the fight to play CM. I thought he could play there too until the last two games where he's jogged around and thrown himself to the floor at any contact. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think I agree, I don't see Wharton getting a game under Southgate and I think Bellingham is so good he can play anywhere. Kane needs pace around him.

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Bellingham doesn't have the fight to play CM. I thought he could play there too until the last two games where he's jogged around and thrown himself to the floor at any contact. 

Don't agree. Bellingham drops so deep you might aswell play him there. He has played there loads for England and Birmingham 

Foden as the 10 and Kane up front and he has to play there or you play Kane as the 10 as Watkins as the 9 with Foden wide. 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't agree. Bellingham drops so deep you might aswell play him there. He has played there loads for England and Birmingham 

Foden as the 10 and Kane up front and he has to play there or you play Kane as the 10 as Watkins as the 9 with Foden wide. 

Surely Bellinghams best position is where the European Champions play him.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Surely Bellinghams best position is where the European Champions play him.

I mean, his stats speak for themselves in La Liga but let’s not forget Bellingham was anonymous in the big CL KO games for Madrid. The plan to absolutely build our team solely around him (I know you’re not suggesting that, but many are) would be naive.

Edited by G Somerset Rover