BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think somehow Foden is a bit underated in that he is at least on par with Bellingham for me, but because of the latters understandable and deserved hype he has become the main man. He is also unfortunate in that hes easier to move out of position as he can play from the left as you cant not play both and equally I dont think the balance is right with them 2 and Rice. It doesnt help that our weak spot is left back so he may not get the opportunity to drift like he does at City when he does go on the left.

That Maguire- Shaw/Trippier flank is where teams will have some joy against us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

Would like to see us go with this for the first game against Serbia;

image.png.13f374884afc14569032409375d2a53d.png

Am I being biased towards Wharton? Yes, but also no... the boy is genuinely phenomenal.

Replace Maguire with the Palace defender or Gomez and difficult to leave Saka out but other than that, looks a very good team.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Replace Maguire with the Palace defender or Gomez and difficult to leave Saka out but other than that, looks a very good team.

I 100% get what you're saying regarding Maguire, but the thing is... he somehow turns into Maldini when he pulls an England shirt on 😂

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He plays as much as anyone at City. Has been the leagues player of the season.

Fair point and looking at the stats, it seems Foden started 33 league games. That said, he does get moved around the pitch by Pep, which I don't believe helps him. Though, arguably, in the long-term, it may develop his game.

I feel a little disappointed that Maddison has been cut from the squad, with, it seems players like Palmer and Eze preferred. Without having watched him that much, he strikes me as a big personality who could potentially have what it takes to carry the responsibility of England's attack. That said, he has struggled with injuries this season.

I do feel that personality and readiness to seize the moment is something that we've lacked in the past and I wonder if Maddison has that in his character, as well as the creative talent. However, it's not to be.

Edited by riverholmes

1 hour ago, riverholmes said:

Fair point and looking at the stats, it seems Foden started 33 league games. That said, he does get moved around the pitch by Pep, which I don't believe helps him. Though, arguably, in the long-term, it may develop his game.

I feel a little disappointed that Maddison has been cut from the squad, with, it seems players like Palmer and Eze preferred. Without having watched him that much, he strikes me as a big personality who could potentially have what it takes to carry the responsibility of England's attack. That said, he has struggled with injuries this season.

I do feel that personality and readiness to seize the moment is something that we've lacked in the past and I wonder if Maddison has that in his character, as well as the creative talent. However, it's not to be.

I think its hard to knock how Pep has dealt with Foden, he has become the player of the season and he now more often than not starts centrally although he still has that flexibility and when he starts from the left hes still got that licence to roam.

Maddison has been in poor form for months after a mid season injury. We have Bellingham and Foden well above him as genuine world class difference makers and Palmer who is not only ahead but also more flexible. Eze is another who has been playing far better than Maddison.

• Backroom

Looks like Wharton has a spot then. Surprised to see Grealish not make it.

Quite a pivot from Southgate 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Official notice; BBC - Maguire and Grealish out

With Maddison, Quansah, and Jones already confirmed gone we'll see if @roverandout is right on what he posted in the Wharton thread that Trafford and Branthwaite are the final 2. 

Trafford not confirmed but he's not taking 4 keepers 

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson, Jordan Pickford, Aaron Ramsdale.

Defenders: Lewis Dunk, Joe Gomez, Marc Guehi, Ezri Konsa, Luke Shaw, John Stones, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker.

Midfielders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Conor Gallagher, Kobbie Mainoo, Declan Rice, Adam Wharton.

Forwards: Jude Bellingham, Jarrod Bowen, Eberechi Eze, Phil Foden, Anthony Gordon, Harry Kane, Cole Plamer, Bukayo Saka, Ivan Toney, Ollie Watkins.

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson, Jordan Pickford, Aaron Ramsdale.

Defenders: Lewis Dunk, Joe Gomez, Marc Guehi, Ezri Konsa, Luke Shaw, John Stones, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker.

Midfielders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Conor Gallagher, Kobbie Mainoo, Declan Rice, Adam Wharton.

Forwards: Jude Bellingham, Jarrod Bowen, Eberechi Eze, Phil Foden, Anthony Gordon, Harry Kane, Cole Plamer, Bukayo Saka, Ivan Toney, Ollie Watkins.

Posted (edited)

Mistake not taking Grealish. He's a unique player who opens up defences. 

Dunk but not Maguire??? I'd love to play against Lewis Dunk even at my age

Three Palace players - really? The fact Southgate played for them is entirely co-incidental

Edited by jim mk2

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Three Palace players - really? The fact Southgate played for them is entirely co-incidental

Maguire is injured.  Yes because eze and Wharton aren't quality

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Four 

Edited by wilsdenrover

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

grealish has done nothing this season,he does`nt deserve a place,dunk won`t play even a minute,eze is a fantastic player and so is wharton

• Like 3

I'm not just excited as a Rovers fan that Wharton is there. I'm excited as an England fan too. We have some genuinely quality midfielders in Wharton and mainoo now. Along with trent and Bellingham.  Of course rice too.  We have midfielders who are comfortably in possession a far cry from euro 2020 final and the world cup semi final