BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I didn't try to muster up the best possible list of English managers cos these names are well known and obviously. 

Herdman did a good job at Canada and why does it matters he managed a women team? Why is it such a big issue for yourself? 

I think O'Neil did very well at Bournemouth and kept them up and same as Wolves despite big cut backs there. 

I will ask you this very simple and straight forward question, You are solely in charge of bringing in the replacement for Southgate who has decide to leave the job so who are you appointing then please? 

Why does it? why should we consider any foreign manager for the England National team manager 

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos its the England national team manager job. Not a club manager job. Clue is in the title of the job. 

I'm not twisting nothing, its yourself you has mentioned his time working in Women football like it was a problem for yourself. 

You can't even a such simple question yet again. 

Who is the total novice I have suggested? Lee Carsley? been managing different teams for England at different levels 

Yes, Carsley. No senior experience. 

Romania’s #13 just gone down like he’s been shot. Rolling over, face etched in pain, no one came anywhere near him. This play acting needs removing from the game although  it won’t be as no one is interested. The Wigan women’s rugby league team would beat the sh!t out of these footballers purporting to be ‘men.’

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Romania’s #13 just gone down like he’s been shot. Rolling over, face etched in pain, no one came anywhere near him. This play acting needs removing from the game although  it won’t be as no one is interested. The Wigan women’s rugby league team would beat the sh!t out of these footballers purporting to be ‘men.’

Couldn’t agree more, my pet hate. I’ve said before that if a player is hurt, they go off for 5 mins. Play acting would stop tomorrow. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

var hates the belgians😁

i wish clive tyldesley would come down with permanent laryngitis

Rather him do the England games than Sam ratterface

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

If I was the referee I’d insist he was substituted and taken immediately to hospital. No one in that amount of pain could possibly be expected to play football. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

var hates the belgians😁

i wish clive tyldesley would come down with permanent laryngitis

To the naked eye the defender on the near side looked to be playing Lukaku well onside and if anything Debruyne looked off when he scored (which was allowed)

The clip they showed of Lukaku allegedly having a toe nail offside is completely meaningless in isolation as there's no proof whatsoever it was frozen at exactly the same point that the ball was played.

And even if he did, so what? That's neither looking to gain an advantage nor "a clear and obvious" error.

VAR is completely ruining the game or at least the use of it in conjunction with the laws as they stand is. The offside law never anticipated this sort of minute forensic examination when it was drafted and clearly needs changing to require clear daylight.

Ditto this "snicko" bollux trying to catch a ball brushing an attackers fingertips. That needs scrapping as well or they'll end up ruining the game.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Yes, Carsley. No senior experience. 

12 years coaching experience and been within the England set up for last 4 years. Plus he won the UEFA under 21's championship last season. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

44 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Karen Carney has picked her team for our next game. It’s a 3-4-1-2 line up.

Pickford 

Walker, Stones, Guehi

Trippier, Bellingham, Rice, Saka

Foden

Kane, Palmer

It’s interesting. Not sure I’d go with it though.

Has Saka ever played left wing back? He's always been a forward I think. Its hard to imagine him playing a wing back role defensively.

Also dont think Trippier has the legs anymore for wing back.

33 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Has Saka ever played left wing back? He's always been a forward I think. Its hard to imagine him playing a wing back role defensively.

Also dont think Trippier has the legs anymore for wing back.

He played their once or twice for England when he first got into the squad (I think around about the the time of the tournament in Russia).  But to my memory, this was only against teams where England didn't have to do much defending.  Playing him their against anyone apart from relative minnows would be suicide

Edited by KentExile

Some rumours this morning that Harry Kane has held an emergency 26 man players meeting with no coaches present.

That's the sort of drastic measure required because unless they get to the bottom of whatever issues they have and stop playing walking football and start putting a shift in - we'll be going home after the last 16.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Some rumours this morning that Harry Kane has held an emergency 26 man players meeting with no coaches present.

That's the sort of drastic measure required because unless they get to the bottom of whatever issues they have and stop playing walking football and start putting a shift in - we'll be going home after the last 16.

Hopefully some good can come out of it. We are definitely a top side, ludicrous to be anywhere near bookies favourites, but could still win it as one of the top group of 4-6 teams. As well as the bottle job mindset I think part of the problem is we’re not nearly as good as they think they are. If the past 2 performances focus their minds all for the better. 

However, it’ll all be in vein if the manager keeps selecting the wrong players in the wrong positions and making his trademark wet lettuce substitutions. 

• Like 2

If the Kane rumours are true it means Southgate and his coaches have lost the trust of the players and they will no longer take any notice of what they're saying or doing. It means sense really because the players looked lost in those first 2 matches. All in all, England does not appear to be a happy camp

14 hours ago, Ianrally said:

Couldn’t agree more, my pet hate. I’ve said before that if a player is hurt, they go off for 5 mins. Play acting would stop tomorrow. 

There was an Albanian lad that went down right in front of Silvinho, rolling around holding his leg. He inadvertently rolled off the pitch, so the ref completely ignored him. Silvinho told him to get up - the lad (a CM) jogged back into position, feigning holding his 'injured' back for all of 5 seconds before he ran to close someone down.

It's an automatic yellow card for mine. 

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Unless he's started the meeting with "Lads, I'm going to do the honourable thing and bench myself" he's wasting his breath.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

If the Kane rumours are true it means Southgate and his coaches have lost the trust of the players and they will no longer take any notice of what they're saying or doing. It means sense really because the players looked lost in those first 2 matches. All in all, England does not appear to be a happy camp

I’m sure it comes down to the fact these players are winners for their clubs and they can see themselves winning this having got close 4 years ago. Whether this meeting happened or not they must know the manager is a weak link.

No doubt we’ll have to wait a couple of decades for an autobiography and one of them to say it. At which point everyone will say I knew it. Much like in 2004-2006 when everyone suspected they didn’t give a toss about England and couldn’t get over club rivalries. 

what a over reaction to the Kane rumours. 

He held a meeting between just the players. Now its the players have lost the faith in Southgate. 

did anyone listened to Pickford's interview yesterday where he was full of praise for Southgate. 

Its a player team meeting. nothing story yet again

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what a over reaction to the Kane rumours. 

He held a meeting between just the players. Now its the players have lost the faith in Southgate. 

did anyone listened to Pickford's interview yesterday where he was full of praise for Southgate. 

Its a player team meeting. nothing story yet again

Exactly as I read it too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Karen Carney has picked her team for our next game. It’s a 3-4-1-2 line up.

Pickford 

Walker, Stones, Guehi

Trippier, Bellingham, Rice, Saka

Foden

Kane, Palmer

It’s interesting. Not sure I’d go with it though.

I think its not the worst line up but I would put Watkins in for Palmer 

I just don't think we need 2 sitting Centre Midfielders but just Rice with Bellingham as the 8 and Foden or Kane as the 10. 

• Backroom

Of course not. No player is going to come out in a public interview and slate the manager in the middle of a tournament, is he? We don't have any Roy Keane types in the squad who are going to do something that extreme and risk getting sent home. A player mutiny isn't going to do anything to help the cause either, especially as there's no guarantee this tournament won't be the last one for any of them. 

I thought Southgate sounded really shaken in the Denmark post-match interview. He's usually pretty calm and composed, but something was off about his tone of voice directly after the match. I don't know if it was a realisation that things were badly broken, or if something had been said in the dressing room, but to me at least there was a noticeable change in his demeanour. 

Rice and Pickford have come out with two totally different views of the situation in the past couple of days - Rice saying the pressure is getting to the players and they need to let it go, Pickford saying it isn't and they need to embrace the pressure and thrive under it. I preferred Pickford's response, but I imagine Rice's was more truthful.