BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Southgate's staff is

Steve Holland as number 2. Was on Chelsea staff before joining Southgate was the under 21's then the senior staff

Paul Nevin, was on David Moyes staff before joining England in 2021

Martyn Margetson has been keeper coach for over 8 years now and was appointed by Sam Allardyce

Isn't Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink still on the staff?

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Don't take it personally bazza. It's football rivalry.  I don't like the Scottish national team but I don't mind the Scots. The Welsh on the other hand 

I don’t even view England vs Scotland as a rivalry. It’d be like if Accrington Stanley wanted one with rovers. Geography but in every other way bigger fish to fry. I certainly don’t like them mainly due to their fans and the whole support everyone who’s playing England stuff. But by and large they’re nothing. Mates of mine often root for the home nations which I find odd but that unrequited hatred does ironically seem to rile them up more. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I don’t even view England vs Scotland as a rivalry. It’d be like if Accrington Stanley wanted one with rovers. Geography but in every other way bigger fish to fry. I certainly don’t like them mainly due to their fans and the whole support everyone who’s playing England stuff. But by and large they’re nothing. Mates of mine often root for the home nations which I find odd but that unrequited hatred does ironically seem to rile them up more. 

Agree. The other home nations want us to lose. Can't forget the celebrations from Wales players when we went out in euro 2016.  They expect us to support them at the same time.  I have never backed wales or Scotland.  I just don't like their bitterness 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matt83 said:

amazing as it seems now,in the 70`s and 80`s the scottish national side was arguably better than englands,they had some fantastic players,dalglish,souness,hansen,strachan,mcgrain,robertson,miller,mcleish,mcstay etc,it really was a rivalry back then,now not so much on our side but i think they still hate us,they`ve never forgiven longshanks for hanging william wallace😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

looking at tonights scotland game,the jocks have nothing up front and hungary ar`nt anything above average,draw nailed on me thinks,despite both sides needing to win

I think the Scotch will get battered. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

think they still hate us,they`ve never forgiven longshanks for hanging william wallace😁

Must be the same reason why the English supporters sing Ten Green Bombers because they hate the Germans for the blitz. 

From what I’ve seen the teams that would defo beat England on our current form:

Germany, France, Spain, Portugal and Holland.

Teams that would fancy their chances but reckon we should beat:

Italy and Belgium.

England are still 3rd favourite with the bookies. 🤷‍♂️. I don’t know if that’s because people betting here back their own team and tumble the odds. I’d like to see how foreign bookies view our chances but I’m not seeing how be beat any of those 5. Let alone a couple of them.  

• Like 2

• Backroom

Love nights like this.

I'm always going to win regardless. 

Actually supporting Scotland and hope they qualify.

But if they get battered or stitched by a last min penalty......that's going to be quite funny too. 

6 minutes ago, matt83 said:

From what I’ve seen the teams that would defo beat England on our current form:

Germany, France, Spain, Portugal and Holland.

Teams that would fancy their chances but reckon we should beat:

Italy and Belgium.

England are still 3rd favourite with the bookies. 🤷‍♂️. I don’t know if that’s because people betting here back their own team and tumble the odds. I’d like to see how foreign bookies view our chances but I’m not seeing how be beat any of those 5. Let alone a couple of them.  

at the moment with our current team shape and tempo,we would struggle against anybody,can`t understand southgates obsession with 2 holding midfielders and adam wharton is`nt the answer,he has`nt got a defensive mindset at all