BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

Just now, bazza said:

I don't take it personally. I support England because I'm English. But I'm British too and I'm proud of my nation so I support Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland when they play foreign opposition. Also I support Republic of Ireland too.

My only conundrum is when, e.g. Wales play Scotland I don't know who to support.

Anyway, tonight Scotland are very poor.

England is my nation.  Scotland and Wales are irrelevant 

Just now, bazza said:

I don't take it personally. I support England because I'm English. But I'm British too and I'm proud of my nation so I support Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland when they play foreign opposition. Also I support Republic of Ireland too.

My only conundrum is when, e.g. Wales play Scotland I don't know who to support.

Anyway, tonight Scotland are very poor.

I'd love to take the same approach. But the bitterness all of those nations (except for half of NI) seem to have against us makes it impossible for me to support them. If they ever get the bees out their bonnets I'll absolutely stick up for them. Until then I just mildly want them to lose, but don't particularly care.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'd love to take the same approach. But the bitterness all of those nations (except for half of NI) seem to have against us makes it impossible for me to support them. If they ever get the bees out their bonnets I'll absolutely stick up for them. Until then I just mildly want them to lose, but don't particularly care.

I don't support a football team because of the behaviour of its supporters.

• Backroom
Just now, RoverDom said:

Watched the replay, its not close up though. Gunn takes someone out but I can't see much contact on varga. It's an odd one. 

There's a still of a sharp elbow to the face on social media.

At that speed, passing in opposite directions, could do some serious damage. Fractured cheekbones etc.

I'm speculating tho.

Fingers crossed he's ok and makes full recovery. 

Just now, Silas said:

At that speed, passing in opposite directions, could do some serious damage. Fractured cheekbones etc.

I'm speculating tho.

Ah that would make more sense. It didn't look like a heavy blow but if there's a glancing blow at speed it'll do some damage if it catches the wrong place. Did not look good on the floor, swear his arm was spasming 

10 minutes ago, bazza said:

I don't support a football team because of the behaviour of its supporters.

Outside of my own team, that's absolutely the main basis for why I like or dislike other teams.

Bolton, Burnley, Preston, Manure, City, Brum...their fans are or have shown themselves to be arrogant pricks so I dislike them all.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, joey_big_nose said:

That the penalty claim did not even get a VAR check is absolutely ridiculous..... Totally mad

Was it maybe offside, then VAR obviously doesn't check pen.

Looked tight to me,.but commentators not mentioning that.

In Prem they normally get feedback/further I fo from VAR. 

Doesn't seem to be happening in this Tournament. 

I seem to be the only one on here watching it rather than what I considered a very uninspiring looking Scotland fixture, but the Swiss are showing the Germans are certainly touchable.

3 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Ah that would make more sense. It didn't look like a heavy blow but if there's a glancing blow at speed it'll do some damage if it catches the wrong place. Did not look good on the floor, swear his arm was spasming 

As a medical leyman it looked like the elbow knocked him unconscious and the huge fall on the neck led to a spinal injury and associated spasms 

Not good

3 minutes ago, Silas said:

I'm speculating tho.

Yep, he's smashed him with his elbow / forearm on the way past. 

Just now, bluebruce said:

I seem to be the only one on here watching it rather than what I considered a very uninspiring looking Scotland fixture, but the Swiss are showing the Germans are certainly touchable.

I assume Germany have rested loads of players?