BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

• Backroom

Lol. Good old Scotland.

Draw realistically wouldn't have been enough anyway, so they were going home whether Hungary scored at the end or not. Cruel way to go out though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I assume Germany have rested loads of players?

I'm not familiar enough with their normal lineup but I don't think so. Maybe one or two, I dunno, but they still had Rudiger, Havertz, Musiala, Kroos, Neuer, Wirtz, Gundogan...

They got a late equaliser though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The right team won - absolutely battered the Scotch.

Scotch is whisky

Lets hope Varga is ok, it doesn’t really matter who hit who, the boys health is the most concerning.

Edited by Ianrally
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

That the penalty claim did not even get a VAR check is absolutely ridiculous..... Totally mad

Not 100% sure but I think they are all subject to VAR. if VAR thought it was clear and obvious mistake, would have advised the Referee. Looked like a penalty to me.

• Backroom
39 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

course i have,he`s not a defensive midfielder,at international level,he`ll get exposed,same with the utd lad

A defensive midfielder doesn’t have to be all-action blood and thunder. One of our greatest ever defensive midfielders couldn’t tackle for shit, but he screened the play, and blocked passes with his movement, before launching 50 yards passes onto a 5p coin.

Wharton can do the same.

• Like 3

Scotland screwed over by the penalty appeal. But beyond that hard to argue that Hungary were not the better team. Hit the post a few times, wasted good opportunities.

Scotland have a few good players - McGinn, McTominey, Robertson - but beyond them so poor. Having nothing up front is such a big problem for them. One decent striker at same level as the other players I mentioned above would make a huge difference.

Also - bet the Scots are loving big Al on the BBC telling them they are shit! Thought they'd at least get a Scot on to do that.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm not familiar enough with their normal lineup but I don't think so. Maybe one or two, I dunno, but they still had Rudiger, Havertz, Musiala, Kroos, Neuer, Wirtz, Gundogan...

They got a late equaliser though.

Germany played same XI all three games.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Posted (edited)

Weird seeing a couple of comments elsewhere calling this a smash and grab by Hungary. Scotland had 4 shots and none on target. Hungary had 14 with 5 on target. Wouldn't call that a smash and grab result. 

Edit: one on target for the Scots 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Scotland screwed over by the penalty appeal. But beyond that hard to argue that Hungary were not the better team. Hit the post a few times, wasted good opportunities.

Scotland have a few good players - McGinn, McTominey, Robertson - but beyond them so poor. Having nothing up front is such a big problem for them. One decent striker at same level as the other players I mentioned above would make a huge difference.

Also - bet the Scots are loving big Al on the BBC telling them they are shit! Thought they'd at least get a Scot on to do that.

Their GK nearly killed a Hungarian player in the box - let's not complain about missed penalty appeals, yeah?

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

Weird seeing a couple of comments elsewhere calling this a smash and grab by Hungary. Scotland had 4 shots and none on target. Hungary had 14 with 5 on target. Wouldn't call that a smash and grab result. 

Lazy journalism.

Hungary set up to hit Scotland on the counter. It worked a treat. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Following your views throughout this evening, 

Come on Slovenia

In the words of the Jam " The bitterest pill is hard to swallow.

5 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Following your views throughout this evening, 

Come on Slovenia

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Scotland got what they deserve nothing. No threat up front. Clarke picked the wrong formation tonight and the wrong team. Created very little 

clarke has failed to come up with a system to get the best out of his players,though in his defence what he has to work with is limited,unlike southgate,who has  class players in every dept but still can`t make them an effective unit

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Hanley's shot was on target near the end.

• Like 1