BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

10 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Mistake not taking Grealish. He's a unique player who opens up defences. 

Dunk but not Maguire??? I'd love to play against Lewis Dunk even at my age

Three Palace players - really? The fact Southgate played for them is entirely co-incidental

Palace ended the season as well as any club. Southgate has been managing England for years without picking their players until now.

Maguire is injured.

Agree with you about Grealish - would have taken him ahead of Watkins.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Mistake not taking Grealish. He's a unique player who opens up defences. 

Dunk but not Maguire??? I'd love to play against Lewis Dunk even at my age

Three Palace players - really? The fact Southgate played for them is entirely co-incidental

Not a lover of Grealish. With 31 games averaging 58 minutes per game he lacks match practice. That's why he's missed out.

• Like 1

Though Grealish created some chances against Bosnia I think he slows things down way too much. He holds onto the ball forever. Quite pleased he's not going. I've been a fan of his over the years but feel he's regressed at City, not to mention his lack of game time this season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

I'm not just excited as a Rovers fan that Wharton is there. I'm excited as an England fan too. We have some genuinely quality midfielders in Wharton and mainoo now. Along with trent and Bellingham.  Of course rice too.  We have midfielders who are comfortably in possession a far cry from euro 2020 final and the world cup semi final 

with the artillery southgate has at his disposal we should win this tournament,i can`t recall an england side being so stacked with class players,southgate should leave the game permanently if he can`t come up a plan with  these players

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

All three surely there on merit? I can't argue with any of them being on the plane. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Superb stuff seeing Wharton going to the Euros. 

Absolutely delighted for him.

I am him too  but Venkys should have built a team around him and not sold him for peanuts ...

They are wonderful owners though !!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Delighted for Wharton.

Also very pleased that Eze is in the squad.

If Eze gets minutes he will open some eyes, he is seriously gifted.

It's a very good squad.

eze will soon be at  real madrid/barcelona/bayern munich or anyone of that ilk,he`s got the lot ability wise

• Like 1

As expected, the final squad is a bit of a mixed bag in terms of decisions made.

Brilliant to see Wharton make it, and fair play as it would have been easy to not take him. I don't think he will play with Rice, Mainoo, Trent and Southgate's bizarre love of Conor Gallagher, but I really hope he does get on the pitch.

The defence is a real concern for a team with supposed ambitions of winning the tournament. Even a fit Maguire isn't a huge loss as he is not the best but how Dunk is going (carrying an injury himself too) is beyond me, not good enough whereas Branthwaite is for me the biggest exclusion. 

Not sure there is any need for Watkins and Toney either.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

As expected, the final squad is a bit of a mixed bag in terms of decisions made.

Brilliant to see Wharton make it, and fair play as it would have been easy to not take him. I don't think he will play with Rice, Mainoo, Trent and Southgate's bizarre love of Conor Gallagher, but I really hope he does get on the pitch.

The defence is a real concern for a team with supposed ambitions of winning the tournament. Even a fit Maguire isn't a huge loss as he is not the best but how Dunk is going (carrying an injury himself too) is beyond me, not good enough whereas Branthwaite is for me the biggest exclusion. 

Not sure there is any need for Watkins and Toney either.

The only decision I disagree with is dropping Grealish.  We're stacked everywhere else bar left-back 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Guardiola offload Grealish this summer as he has Foden, Doku and possibly Rico Lewis ahead of him in the pecking order. To be honest I was astounded he bought him in the first place.

Not sure Watkins AND Toney were needed, surely one or the other?

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

with the artillery southgate has at his disposal we should win this tournament,i can`t recall an england side being so stacked with class players,southgate should leave the game permanently if he can`t come up a plan with  these players

He's already surpassed every manager except Alf Ramsay. The stick Southgate gets is mad. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Really, really pleased Bowen has made the cut. Well deserved for a player who came through the Championship and always puts a shift in. 

Edited by M_B
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Yes that's one that I don't agree with.  But maybe he needs experience without maguire 

Hes still inexperienced internationally though. 6 caps in which hes been 'meh', spent his whole career at Brighton. Limited experience getting to the business end of a knock out tournament. Just cos he's older doesn't make him experienced. 

• Like 1

Fairly surprised with Brainthwaite being left out and Dunk in.Plus Southgate said Quansah is on standby list .Can only presume Brainthwaite looked poor in training as he had an excellent season,The goalkeeper and him have a club relationship and will know each others games better and he is left footed 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Yes that's one that I don't agree with.  But maybe he needs experience without maguire 

Not experience of the highest level though, not many caps and whenever hes played for England hes been really poor.

The defence is a huge concern. The fear is that we have so much attacking talent that everyone will fear but its build on shoddy foundations.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not experience of the highest level though, not many caps and whenever hes played for England hes been really poor.

The defence is a huge concern. The fear is that we have so much attacking talent that everyone will fear but its build on shoddy foundations.

When everyone is fully fit shaw stones ghuei and walker is a pretty decent backline.  Shaw is expected to be fit for the second game. Ghuei is a really good defender 

Edited by roverandout

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Trafford not confirmed but he's not taking 4 keepers 

You got it right. Trafford was indeed an easy one to call but I am surprised at Branthwaite getting chopped, especially as Maguire (who's international career is more than likely now over) is out.  

• Like 1