BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

Woke up feeling hopeful today. The pressure is off. You literally couldn't have a more perfect moment to really express yourself

Push high up the pitch, trust the back line to win their 1 v 1s and if we score push on and get another.

For me, this is the perfect opportunity to play Mainoo and potentially make a replacement to show what Wharton can do

Knowing the results elsewhere and injuries, my revised team would be

Pickford

Walker Stones Guehi Konsa

Mainoo Rice

Saka Bellingham Gordon

Watkins

Kane is obviously struggling. We can beat Slovenia without him. I also think Watkins deserve a shout. His running in behind is something we have desperately missed

Of course, we won't go for that and it will probably look something like

Pickford

Walker Stone Guehi Konsa

Gallagher Rice

Saka Bellingham Foden

Kane

Eventually the penny will drop that we can't play with Foden on the left. Jude has to drop back or Southgate has to have the bollocks to drop one of them to the bench. I wouldn't be averse to giving starting Eze over Gordon either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Woke up feeling hopeful today. The pressure is off. You literally couldn't have a more perfect moment to really express yourself

Push high up the pitch, trust the back line to win their 1 v 1s and if we score push on and get another.

For me, this is the perfect opportunity to play Mainoo and potentially make a replacement to show what Wharton can do

Knowing the results elsewhere and injuries, my revised team would be

Pickford

Walker Stones Guehi Konsa

Mainoo Rice

Saka Bellingham Gordon

Watkins

Kane is obviously struggling. We can beat Slovenia without him. I also think Watkins deserve a shout. His running in behind is something we have desperately missed

Of course, we won't go for that and it will probably look something like

Pickford

Walker Stone Guehi Konsa

Gallagher Rice

Saka Bellingham Foden

Kane

Eventually the penny will drop that we can't play with Foden on the left. Jude has to drop back or Southgate has to have the bollocks to drop one of them to the bench. I wouldn't be averse to giving starting Eze over Gordon either.

Agreed.  But we all know the world's dullest man will make one change - Gallagher for TAA - then bring TAA on after 60 mins when it's not working.

1-1 - England take the lead, sit back and invite pressure, concede an inevitable equaliser.

So predictable it's almost scripted.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, AndyB said:

No wonder they look good if they've got an extra man on the pitch!

oops, I meant 2-7-1, it was incredible. It was very JDT suicideball but they had it drilled to a T, the big bald lump of a centre half charging into midfield to receive from the GK was my highlight. Sabitzer as a free roaming 8 was incredible, showed how it was United who were broken and not Ragnick

16 hours ago, Adam C said:

It’s a disaster. I actually live in Northern Ireland and we can’t even get a stadium built so we can host matches at the next Euros. And I said the exact same thing after Germany stuffed Scotland - thank god neither NI not the Republic made it to the finals as we’d have been the worst team at it. Sad times. 

Fair point, they didn’t come through at club level here and they really aren’t Irish. I’m not complaining and I understand why they chose to play for England. But…. I’m sure a lot of work went into their development at youth level and they both had caps for the full squad I believe. Bit gutting that two top midfielders decided to ditch the national squad, especially when we’re in dire need of quality players. I’d say this will happen again - it’s not unheard of for Irish people to have British grandparents and vice versa, my point was that the next big thing coming through for Ireland could also decide to play for England. I actually think Harry Kane and Wayne Rooney could’ve qualified for Ireland! 

I don't mind them representing England especially Grealish as I can only imagine how irritating he would be as the one top class player in an Ireland team.

But maybe don't have your picture taken kissing the badge just before you jump ship?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

In a few years time, this will infamously be looked back on as the Euro's where that muppet Southgate benched Wharton for the whole tournament.

That thought has gone through my mind too

All Wharton needs is a game to prove himself. Southgate is being stupid. I don't understand why he took him if he doesn't intend to use him. Surely you would drop Wharton and take a genuine left footed left back that may actually get some game time?

Tyrick Mitchell must be scratching his head and wondering what he has to do. To my mind he's the best left footed left back we have who is fit. How the fuck did he not get in but Wharton did when Southgate is clearly not going to give him a chance?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

In a few years time, this will infamously be looked back on as the Euro's where that muppet Southgate benched Wharton for the whole tournament.

At least he can watch Gallagher toil away today rather than Morton. Also shouldn't Palmer be getting a game by now?

• Like 2

I will watch it tonight, 2 am KO here, in the hope that AW gets some time on field.

If I knew for sure that he would not be used I would watch old episodes of Coronation Street. I started at 1960 and am up to 1981

Now that this game is not do or die we will probably play well, despite Southgate who is as interesting as Albert Tatlock and lacks the charisma of Eddie Yates.

39 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I will watch it tonight, 2 am KO here, in the hope that AW gets some time on field.

If I knew for sure that he would not be used I would watch old episodes of Coronation Street. I started at 1960 and am up to 1981

Now that this game is not do or die we will probably play well, despite Southgate who is as interesting as Albert Tatlock and lacks the charisma of Eddie Yates.

The game still has a lot resting on it. It will decide our opponents in future rounds. A win will pit us against one of the third teams. A draw, against Germany. A loss, against one of the group winners 

56 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The guy who played Albert Tatlock was a regular at Rochdale games bsck in the day.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I think we could genuinely stumble our way to the final here, there’s no real stand out teams, Spain look decent but nobody to fear 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

No, it won't. Even if he goes on to be a future England captain, no one will go that overboard about a player with under 20 Premier League starts to his name.

There are a lot of criticisms that can be leveled at Southgate so far and this is on course to be a disappointingly defining final note to his England managerial career, but Wharton is not one of the main characters.

Why do England sit back after taking the lead? Why do they not move the ball forward with pace? Why does he continue to think that Bellingham is the best option in the 10 spot? These are all major questions that are far bigger than the Wharton factor. 

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

coronation street 1981,that was circa  fred gee,the potman at the rovers tried to pull bet lynch in nearly every episode,less tragedy and more comedy in those days😄

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

I think we could genuinely stumble our way to the final here, there’s no real stand out teams, Spain look decent but nobody to fear 

Interesting, I'm looking at these games on now and thinking that if England top the group they lose to any of The Netherlands, France or Austria in the RO16.

• Like 1