BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

13 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i have no idea on the obsession with 2 holding midfielders,take your risk averse shite and bugger off southgate

Gallagher isn't a holding midfielder, he is a runner who often plays for Chelsea as a number 10.

Its quite the opposite. We need someone in there to sit in and dictate. A Michael Carrick type player.

14 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Kind draw too. We have avoided France on our side of the draw. Only Southgate could fuck this up

What does fucking it up entail? Not winning it? Not making the final?

56 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

coronation street 1981,that was circa  fred gee,the potman at the rovers tried to pull bet lynch in nearly every episode,less tragedy and more comedy in those days😄

I like the early 60s the best, I actually remember watching the original episode when Martha passed on plus the loveable Minnie and her pussy cat . Yes I'm now in the midst of the disaster that is Fred Gee but lots of comedy. Mrs Walker at her peak.

I started working in the Middle East from the early 80s and have been somewhere abroad more or less since then so I'm watching now for the first time. I'll stop, I think, when it gets too up to date.

Come on England!

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Gallagher isn't a holding midfielder, he is a runner who often plays for Chelsea as a number 10.

Its quite the opposite. We need someone in there to sit in and dictate. A Michael Carrick type player.

We would avoid France till the final

21 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Inspiring changes by Southgate 

No England manager has won more tournament games than Gareth Southgate, ever!

Come on England.

st-georges-day-1200x834.thumb.jpg.77f5d157868529fa2c07e97963945866.jpg

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Fucking up a kind draw

1 hour ago, rigger said:

The game still has a lot resting on it. It will decide our opponents in future rounds. A win will pit us against one of the third teams. A draw, against Germany. A loss, against one of the group winners 

Good points and certainly a win is the best option for further progress.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

No England manager has won more tournament games than Gareth Southgate, ever!

Come on England.

I'm very pro England and Southgate has done a good job till this tournament.  Now he's run out of ideas. He's been lucky we haven't played anyone yet in knockout games bar maybe Germany.  He's got the best squad we've ever had 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

So would fucking it up be anything prior to the final or anything but the trophy?

Yes because we've got a kind side of the draw. Apart from possibly Holland.  Had we had to face Germany Portugal Spain etc. Its good night Vienna 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its quite the opposite. We need someone in there to sit in and dictate. A Michael Carrick type player

thats declan rice job,we don`t need another non tackler in there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Yes because we've got a kind side of the draw. Apart from possibly Holland.  Had we had to face Germany Portugal Spain etc. Its good night Vienna 

So a final is the minimum expectation baring in mind the draw?

Thats fine, I was just checking what fucking it up entails. 

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

thats declan rice job,we don`t need another non tackler in there

Rice has progressed to be much more of a box to box midfielder. 

We need someone who can sit in there, take the ball from the defence and help to cover that midfield area in which we often look empty in.

The imbalances in the team are not anything to do with the overly simplistic "being negative" narrative. We have plenty of attackers in there. But most of the attackers want to play in the same areas, all of the defence are right footed including the left back and we have had no midfield to speak of with Rice left firefighting on his own and that wont improve with Gallagher against reasonable opposition. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I'm very pro England and Southgate has done a good job till this tournament.  Now he's run out of ideas. He's been lucky we haven't played anyone yet in knockout games bar maybe Germany.  He's got the best squad we've ever had 

Let’s see what happens pal, keep the faith. Seen this so many times over the years, we have another gear or two yet. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Best squad weve ever had?

12 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Just getting out of reverse would be a start.

Thats what the French are saying right now, but we all know both France and England have more to give.