BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

6 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I'd have more players from the Euro 2004 squad in the starting 11 than the current squad. 

I feel like people forget that if that Campbell goal against Portugal isn't ruled out England have a huge chance of winning that tournament. As much as Sven underachieved it took Brazilian magic in 2002 and some of the dark arts/pens in 2004/2006 to stop them.

That squad would have comfortably beaten Italy/Croatia

I see the predictions were correct and the only change was taa for Gallagher. 🙄. Russia 2018 fucked us over I reckon. He played this 2 defensive midfielders system due to the players we had then. Because it worked better than expected he’s just not been able to let it go. Even with better more attack minded players.

• Like 1

Good call to the poster who predicted exactly the same team apart from Gallagher. What's the betting too that Trent comes on as the first sub too. England need to put on a good show tonight. Results are everything of course and all will be forgotten if England go all the way but Southgate is already running out of goodwill with fans and he is now risking leaving his job with boos ringing in his ears

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The best team I’ve seen. They were very unlucky not to go all the way. Gave the all conquering Brazil team a real fright.

Class, real class, players in every position. Ramsey made the famous mistake against West Germany. I've never recovered. 

13 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I'd have more players from the Euro 2004 squad in the starting 11 than the current squad. 

I did say squad.  We had players like vassell lennon to come off the bench in those days. Now we have the likes of Wharton palmer Gordon Watkins trent etc

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Good call to the poster who predicted exactly the same team apart from Gallagher. What's the betting too that Trent comes on as the first sub too. England need to put on a good show tonight. Results are everything of course and all will be forgotten if England go all the way but Southgate is already running out of goodwill with fans and he is now risking leaving his job with boos ringing in his ears

A lad at work said there's a leaker on twitter/X and in fairness he's told me the 11 each game so far

3 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Abject again already. Sooner we’re out the better. Can all stop pretending we’re in with a shout of winning and get on with enjoying rest of the tournament/summer.

Yeah  then we can go back to being depressed by Rovers instead!

• Like 1

Just now, matt83 said:

What does Gallagher add to this side?

At least he is a midfielder and isn't quite Bambi on ice receiving the ball in the middle. Should be Wharton though.